Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gawd, you still going on about that? Grudges, bear? And one last time: I am not welching on any bet. TLB has DISAPPEARED. The £500 I OFFERED to pay him BEFORE the expiry date of the bet is going behind the bar at the first League fixture at Falmer.

I had a go at you on an internet message board about 5 years ago and you are still stewing about it, Christ on a bike...
You're right, I'll never forget your post on that thread, especially given the fact that I hadn't done much wrong.

So please, don't go looking for a fight with me and talk about "saying it to your face". I find it faintly amusing that you hold an olive branch out to Marcus but seem to jump down my throat because I called you a tiresome bore on page SEVEN. And this, not long after I'd suggested that other people had gone too far.

Good work, John.

As for cider ... Thatcher's.

Obviously - Lest we forget.
Why, what did she do. It was a LABOUR government that allowed uis to build Gods Own Stadium

But you could have
ArchersGolden.gif

or
Archers_Brewery_3.jpg

but rather disappointingly / splendidly (given the name) they might have gone out of business. I was looking forward to going into the Supporters bar / Atilla's ,enjoying asking for an "Archer's", finishing it off, and then pissing it out in the bogs at half time at the Amex

or if you prefer a cider or PERRY (see what I've done!)
Perry-500ml.jpg

Weston's from HEREFORD - popular choice at Half Time!

HEREFORDSHIRE cidermaker H Westons and Sons is to be sold on draught in hundreds of pubs run by a national chain.

The Much Marcle firm will supply its Marcle Hill Cider to 735 Wetherspoons pubs across the UK.

The deal was struck after Westons produced an exclusive draught product for Wetherspoons’ cider festival.

“The result proved so popular that we have now been asked to supply their entire estate, which is wonderful news and a great opportunity for us,” said Helen Thomas, Westons managing director and great-granddaughter of company founder Henry Weston.

Wetherspoons chief executive, John Hutson, said: “We are committed to serving the widest range of ciders in all of our pubs and believe that Marcle Hill Cider will complement the existing range superbly.

“We are delighted to be working with Westons and pleased that our customers will be able to enjoy the cider in their local Wetherspoons pub.”

The medium, still cider is described as a “well-balanced fruity flavour with a smooth, mellow and clean apple finish”.

The company has been making cider and perry in Much Marcle since 1880.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I do enjoy getting in from work and catching up on what the girls have been saying.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I told my sons about this and both of them had the same answer why Heineken it is rubbish. Surely the most popular is Carling or Fosters and the myth that it can be watered down is just that a myth any beer that is watered down is so obvious to spot that nobody would bother doing it nowadays. The easiest if that is your way of working is Real Ale as it slightly less distinctive but still reasonably obvious to spot.

I agree with you there. Out of everyone I know I can't think of one person who regularly drinks Heineken. As you say Fosters and Carling are popular as are Stella, Kronenburg. Grolsch, Becks and Holstein also feature quite a bit - Grolsch being my favourite.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Anyway, back to the beer.......does anyone know what the floor area of the supporters bar is - and how does 250 capacity compare to The Sportsman?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Can we stop the squabbles and get back to the real important stuff like beer, thankyou please. How was the capacity decided at 250? Seems quite small to me, any chance of an increase in size?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Sorry to cut in and ruin the arguing but, Atilla, can you answer my question about Sussex by the sea and the words on the big screen pleeeeeeeeeeaase?

Won't be my decision! I shall be snugly in my seat with my wife next to me, happy that my self-promotin', ego - trippin' days are over and I can watch the club i love without a few sad sacks having a go at me on NSC..except I'm sure they still will...hey ho! All such questions to the Haed of Production, aka Insider, Mr. Paul Camillin (to whom much good wishes, he was right in there in the war years, he is spot on!)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Can we stop the squabbles and get back to the real important stuff like beer, thankyou please. How was the capacity decided at 250? Seems quite small to me, any chance of an increase in size?

I asked something similar over 100 posts ago, but some peoples pathetic vendetta apperas to have got in the way of a half way decent thread :shrug:

Being crap at imagining such things, can you put the 250 capacity into perspective in comparison with other pubs. Is it Brewery Tap size or The Sportsman size?

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
By the far the worse thing I've read on here is 2 posters drinking at lunchtime together then both coming on here straight after sucking each others balls

Dear oh dear

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick

Well, as LB has pointed out above, the bar has been a bit of a personal crusade for me and it was a little bit (only a little bit) bit touch and go as to whether it was going to happen at all at one point. Take what you are given, I thought! I am pleased with the result: I think with all the concourse bars open before/after the game it is about right.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without Attila and others we would currently be watching AFC Brighton in Unijet League Division 3.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Asking someone to repeat an offensive comment to your face and threatening violence are two completely separate things. But I accept I was rather out of order at the time. I think you are being so now. We are both adults, and Brighton fans. Let's shake virtual hands and forget it. OK?
And now I have to go. I have to do some SHITE LEFTIE POETRY to some VIOLENT, SMELLY, SCROUNGING STUDENTS who have just COMMITTED CRIMINAL DAMAGE. (Actually, I'm reading my poem about my Mum's long battle with Alzheimer's to a nice bunch of mainly middle aged, middle class people at a pub in Kemptown, but let's not get the facts get in the way, eh?) I know there must be people on here who have been touched by this awful disease: if you'd like to read it, it's here The Long Goodbye ­ a poem for my mother

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I find the Attila baiters on this thread far more tiresome than the man's poetry or his music (quite refreshing NOT to hear some of the tedious pop pap you get at most other stadiums - nothing wrong with a bit of Clash).

The bitter, twisted, vindictive and downright childish comments, towards someone who has done a hell of a lot for this club and its survival, are completely unnecessary. Why the HATRED? Some people on here obviously need a good shag.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I sit near the front of the south stand, so have not heard the PA much for the past 11 years. Shame I get to miss what all the fuss is about. Can Atilla be asked to do a guest slot (the classics of Withdean).

Back to the purpose of the thread I am looking forward to using the bar very much, will it have an 18 age limit, this may keep the teenage moaners out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Indeed it is. Next time I see you at an Albion game I will say it. But well done on "giving up" the PA gig.

Can u say hello to me next time u see me too - I think I know u by face i would expect but not a clue which face you are.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
attila....as I am now on warfarin and therefore only allowed a small amount of alcohol, will there be wine available....a fruity little Chardonnay, perhaps a decent cold Sancerre or a full bodied Chateaux Neuf in the supporters bar?

or will it just be falling down water for the masses?

dave

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here