Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Nobody is "fawning" over him at all.

His music and poems won't be everybodys cup of tea (certainly not mine), but I just don't quite get what is clearly a deep-seated bitterness and resentment towards a bloke who has certainly done more than I ever did during the Dark Days, and who has since been lucky enough to work for the club he loves in some small capacity. Good luck to him I say, live and let live for christs sake. I cannot for the life of me see how he deserves the bile and abuse he gets on here from a group of posters who normally I have a lot of time for and enjoy reading.

Totally agree

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
frankly i'm embarrased by some of the posts on here

as someone who first met Atilla during the Goldstone protests, whether i like his poetry or not is irrelevent. The man has dedicated significant energy and time for the cause of the Albion, from keeping the club in existence to working behind the scenes at Gillingham/Withdean. he has helped characterise the club as something different to the usual, and for that i'm grateful - not spiteful.

Anybody who is claiming that his work at the club has been for personal benefit and to promote his own career is frankly an utter wanker

Frankly you don't deserve Falmer, as without John (and others like him) you would likely not have a club to play in it.

And before you think this is a message written by a close friend, it's not. I've met him many a time but have probably not spoken to him in over 5 years. But I'll never forget the efforts he put in for the club that you still have an opportunity to support. SHAME ON YOU.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Lokki7/TMLS,
You're both tip top chaps but the fact that you got SOZZLED at lunchtime is really showing. Time to ease off, CHAPS.

So let me get this straight, these two got pissed together at lunchtime and are now on the internet backing each other up on TMLS's one man crusade against atilla.

Sad bastards :lolol::lolol::lolol:

So let me get this straight, these two got pissed together at lunchtime and are now on the internet backing each other up on TMLS's one man crusade against atilla.

Point of order. 2 pints at lunch is hardly pissed but please carry on.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

To be honest, I've found atilla a tiresome bore myself. And he's the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen on this board. However, I just think it's a shame that this particular thread had gone in this direction.

"...and punks and skins and rastas will all gather round and hold their hands in sorrow for their fallen leader. And all the grown-ups will say, "But why are the kids crying?" And the kids will say, "Haven't you heard? Rick is dead! The People's Poet is dead!"

Free at last, free at last!

Neil: [upon seeing Rick eating the pills] Vyv, Vyv – er, can you, like, actually kill yourself with laxative pills?

Vyvyan: I don't know Neil, but I'm going to stay and find out!

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
frankly i'm embarrased by some of the posts on here

as someone who first met Atilla during the Goldstone protests, whether i like his poetry or not is irrelevent. The man has dedicated significant energy and time for the cause of the Albion, from keeping the club in existence to working behind the scenes at Gillingham/Withdean. he has helped characterise the club as something different to the usual, and for that i'm grateful - not spiteful.

Anybody who is claiming that his work at the club has been for personal benefit and to promote his own career is frankly an utter wanker

Frankly you don't deserve Falmer, as without John (and others like him) you would likely not have a club to play in it.

And before you think this is a message written by a close friend, it's not. I've met him many a time but have probably not spoken to him in over 5 years. But I'll never forget the efforts he put in for the club that you still have an opportunity to support. SHAME ON YOU.

Couldn't agree more. I've never met Atilla, not hugely keen on his musical tastes but love his Goldstone Ghost poem and have huge respect for his efforts in saving this club and getting this stadium built. Some of the contributions on this thread have been NSC at its absolute worst - vindictive, spiteful, nasty, childish and totally out of order. Shame on you indeed. Free speech is one thing - personal attacks on someone because you disagree with their pa output at a stadium where you can't even hear the pa is very very low.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh, another of the have a go mob. As above. Care to say it to my face?
What, like you did here?

Thanks for illustrating my earlier point about you being a MASSIVE hypocrite.

For your next trick, how about using your last Withdean PA appearance to round on people who don't pay their bets?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Couldn't agree more. I've never met Atilla, not hugely keen on his musical tastes but love his Goldstone Ghost poem and have huge respect for his efforts in saving this club and getting this stadium built. Some of the contributions on this thread have been NSC at its absolute worst - vindictive, spiteful, nasty, childish and totally out of order. Shame on you indeed. Free speech is one thing - personal attacks on someone because you disagree with their pa output at a stadium where you can't even hear the pa is very very low.

It is a bit out of proportion isn't it? But compared to being attacked on stage by Nazis or a reviewer in NME saying of my first album that he'd rather gnaw through his own arm than listen to it again it is pretty tame stuff ;) I have a theory though. I think Lonely Mooner's Moan Smell and Lokki are BANKERS. And no, i haven't made a typo :)

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I just think its an awful shame that there are people who feel the need to be nasty to another person on here. There are people I'm not keen on but I could never imagine venting this on an internet forum or even in person. Just leave them to it surely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you think making a living from performing is not working then I suggest you try it sometime. An utterly pitiful comment.

Some of them Brighton players could get an evening job as well.
Lazy bastards.

The only reason Buzzer is pissed off on this thread about Attilla is because he brings good news on the real ale front and Buzzer hates real ale and real ale blow offs.

I suspect the other two chipping in might be Port and Lemon drinkers.

Last edited:

If he was bowing out gracefully he wouldnt come on an internet message board and announce it...he would just disappear into the background.

But he wanted EVERYONE to know...well those of us on NSC anyway...
I've got to post 107 on this thread and have FINALLY got so pissed off with this ranting from TMLS that I've broken.

Attila (who can at least spell the Hun's name correctly) came on this thread not to boost his own ego, but to inform us of positive developments in connection with the Supporters' Bar.

Not a lot of people know how much this project owes to Attila's personal determination to make it happen. There was real opposition to the concept in certain quarters in the Club - and at one point there were some of the FFA team, including myself, who were being "sounded out" (behind Attila's back) about how disappointed he might be if he was told that there wouldn't be a supporters' bar.

He fought the cause. He won. He deserves MASSIVE congratulations. And the beer decisions he's achieved are TOP NOTCH.

Thanks, John.

Now ... you bow out, Marcus.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
What, like you did here?

Thanks for illustrating my earlier point about you being a MASSIVE hypocrite.

For your next trick, how about using your last Withdean PA appearance to round on people who don't pay their bets?

Gawd, you still going on about that? Grudges, bear? And one last time: I am not welching on any bet. TLB has DISAPPEARED. The £500 I OFFERED to pay him BEFORE the expiry date of the bet is going behind the bar at the first League fixture at Falmer.

I had a go at you on an internet message board about 5 years ago and you are still stewing about it, Christ on a bike...

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
some frankly shocking posts on this thread!

basically Attila takes the time to update us all on beers and other falmer related things... and he's then met with vitriol from a few weirdo posters. if you don't like the guy then fine, don't bother with his thread. why the abuse? you do know that it makes you look a bit obsessed don't you?

i don't know Attila, but i do know i owe him my thanks for sticking his neck on the line and working tirelessly to ensure the survival of our mighty club. thanks mate, i for one appreciate it hugely. if it wasn't for people like attila, the club wouldn't exist.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be honest, I've found atilla a tiresome bore myself. And he's the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen on this board. However, I just think it's a shame that this particular thread had gone in this direction.

Personal choice and you're allowed to think that, but would you make a point of writing it on here every time atilla posts like your mate TMSL does?

I guarantee that every person who reads NSC - members and lurkers - looks at TMSL's rants at atilla and thinks "that bloke TMSL must be a complete twat". Lokki - you've mugged yourself off by joining in with it. Even if you're right and there is an element of self promotion going on why do you care so much? Who gives a shit, on the importance scale it's somewhere between "shall I have 1 or 2 sugars in my tea this morning" and "is it cold enough to wear a scarf today"

A perfectly good informational thread about our new stadium ruined because one dickhead has a vendetta against the OP and his mates decided to join in with him :shrug:

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I actually quite like Attila's song choices before the games. A slightly eclectic, if somewhat punk centred, music selection makes a nice change from the normal selection you hear at other grounds before games.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Sorry to cut in and ruin the arguing but, Atilla, can you answer my question about Sussex by the sea and the words on the big screen pleeeeeeeeeeaase?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here