Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

And anyway, no response to my earlier comment. If I write an Albion poem that is better received on NSC can we have that immortalised instead? Or, as should be the case, open it up as a poetry writing competition for ALL Albion fans and not just the self promoting ones. Now there's an idea. There are plenty of unsung heroes that deserve that honour just as much as Atilla, and most of them can probably write better poems too.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
OK then, this point first. Attila by his own admission hasn't worked a day in what, 30yrs? So his only income is what he gets from punters turning up at his gigs. How do they hear about these gigs? Does having a captive Albion audience affect this attendance in any way? Does the media exposure he gets from being the 'fans mouthpiece' effect this at all? No, of course not, how dare me for suggesting this of someone who makes his living from public performance. I clearly stated that he loves the Albion, that is not the point at all.

This is absolute bollocks for one simple fact - 98% of the gigs I do are outside Sussex, where there are few Albion fans. Do you really think a mention of me in the Argus is going to affect the number of people coming to see me in Leeds? And a large percentage are outside the UK. I am completely outside the mainstream, and you think what i do is a pile of shit anyway, so you have absolutely no idea of how it works. You are posting a pile of inaccurate shite. And I can assure you that I work very hard, mate. I just don't do the kind of thing you do.

I haven't been 'pushed' anywhere. I'm still going to be very much around!
And Buzzer, you'll be relieved to know that the rearranged fixtures mean I'm going to be missing 4 home games during my Aussie/NZ tour - get talking to Supertramp Samrah, he's really down with the teenyboppers :)

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Attila was announcing the latest developments with the supporters bar and giving info on what would be happening with the PA next season. What is wrong with that? he will not be doing the PA next season, big deal, we now know who will be responsible next season. I cannot see why you have chosen this to launch into yet another boring but pretty offensive identikit rant. I suggest you take some of the advice you have given Attila and put ANOTHER record on.

absolutley spot on. sadly, some people on here delight in showing their 'subversiveness' by disrespecting an ambassador for the club. congratulations. i'm certain attila has done more for this outfit than these renegades. i, for one, will be sorry to see his role at the club diminish. i've always been proud of his association.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I really like the music he plays at the Withdean, could have done with a bit more Katy Perry and Nirvana but hey, its been great. :thumbsup: thanks for blur last week.

I can take or leave his poetry, some is good, some not so and some, frankly rubbish but then I left school at 16 with no qualifications to speak of so who am I to judge.

Attilla, i dont know you personally but thank you for the job you have done both at Gillingham & Withdean, you are one of the heroes of the wilderness years IMO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
absolutley spot on. sadly, some people on here delight in showing their 'subversiveness' by disrespecting an ambassador for the club. congratulations. i'm certain attila has done more for this outfit than these renegades. i, for one, will be sorry to see his role at the club diminish. i've always been proud of his association.

Pfftt

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
OK then, this point first. Attila by his own admission hasn't worked a day in what, 30yrs? So his only income is what he gets from punters turning up at his gigs. How do they hear about these gigs? Does having a captive Albion audience affect this attendance in any way? Does the media exposure he gets from being the 'fans mouthpiece' effect this at all? No, of course not, how dare me for suggesting this of someone who makes his living from public performance. I clearly stated that he loves the Albion, that is not the point at all.

A captive Albion audience doesn't really help him much up north or anywhere outside Sussex, pretty poor argument there.

Edit: I see Attila has pointed this out already above.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dont worry I wont have to BANG ON now that he has done what he should have done ages ago.

I just dont see what all this FAWNING is about. Oh Atilla has spoken so we must listen.

The Clawwwwwwwwwwww

Nobody is "fawning" over him at all.

His music and poems won't be everybodys cup of tea (certainly not mine), but I just don't quite get what is clearly a deep-seated bitterness and resentment towards a bloke who has certainly done more than I ever did during the Dark Days, and who has since been lucky enough to work for the club he loves in some small capacity. Good luck to him I say, live and let live for christs sake. I cannot for the life of me see how he deserves the bile and abuse he gets on here from a group of posters who normally I have a lot of time for and enjoy reading.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
You are posting a pile of inaccurate shite. And I can assure you that I work very hard, mate. I just don't do the kind of thing you do.

just don't bother. anything that falls outside the world of financial services does not compute.

A captive Albion audience doesn't really help him much up north or anywhere outside Sussex, pretty poor argument there.

Edit: I see Attila has pointed this out already above.

Albion audience? But he is OUR Albion spokesman at places like Wrexham, and Doncaster, and St Pauli and no doubt New Zealand. Not to mention the press and TV interviews which get shown where?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

His music and poems won't be everybodys cup of tea (certainly not mine), but I just don't quite get what is clearly a deep-seated bitterness and resentment towards a bloke who has certainly done more than I ever did during the Dark Days, and who has since been lucky enough to work for the club he loves in some small capacity. Good luck to him I say, live and let live for christs sake. I cannot for the life of me see how he deserves the bile and abuse he gets on here from a group of posters who normally I have a lot of time for and enjoy reading.

Quite agree. Unless "something has gone on" between Atilla and certain posters on here, the abuse is completely our of order. Okay, so some people don't like his poems or taste in music, but good grief that's not a lot to get so wound up about. And as for Atilla using the Albion for self-promotion, well I've been going to Brighton for 37 years and I've never even heard one of his poems, so it obviously isn't working even if he is doing it.

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Dont worry I wont have to BANG ON now that he has done what he should have done ages ago.

I just dont see what all this FAWNING is about. Oh Atilla has spoken so we must listen.

The Clawwwwwwwwwwww

Leave the bloke alone for goodness sake. He's done plenty for the club, publicly and probably otherwise. He once sold me his ticket for a big match: and put the money to the REMF: no fuss, no publicity. So let him be, his heart's in the right place.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I cannot for the life of me see how he deserves the bile and abuse he gets on here from a group of posters who normally I have a lot of time for and enjoy reading.

Good point, well made. All the bloke was doing was telling us about the Supporters Bar developments FFS.

Yoda

English & European
Surely the most popular is Carling or Fosters and the myth that it can be watered down is just that a myth any beer that is watered down is so obvious to spot that nobody would bother doing it nowadays.

:sick: Carling is just rubbish dishwater and Fosters is only drinkable out of a can.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

This

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lokki7/TMLS,
You're both tip top chaps but the fact that you got SOZZLED at lunchtime is really showing. Time to ease off, CHAPS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here