Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
And I know the people you are referring to and I may be tiresome but not as tiresome as your clapped out rubbish ideals and music tastes.

Al, can you please grab Marcus some time and stick him in front of me so he can have the pleasure of saying that to my face? And no, I am not implying a threat of violence or anything of that sort. I just think that if people are going to be rude and insulting to someone on a message board they should be prepared to do so face to face. It's called real life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The matchday experience is going to be ultra 21st century - big screens, TV announcer, music controlled from a production gallery. It is going to be about as different from Withdean as possible - and so it should be. I am going into retirement at the end of this season so any complaints about the matchday music will need to be directed to the production team!

61rIeXHe2bL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
think you'll find a lot of newbands have been inspired by 70's punk take a step back fella , you're entitled to your views , what's your taste in music by the way?

Indeed they have. But we need to get people EXCITED by the whole Falmer experience. There will be ALOT of families and I fought the law followed by special brew and teenage kicks is NOT the way to go.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In a list of matchday priorities, the pre-match music over the tannoy is probably around the same level of importance to me as what colour pants Martin Perry has on. I don't go to football to listen to music, in fact other than the team lineups and the half time scores, I pretty much "zone out" of whatever blurb is coming out over the speakers (added to the fact I generally arrive about 90 seconds before kickoff anyway).

As for the poetry, I can take it or leave it. Doesn't affect me in the slightest one way or the other.
I genuinely find it very difficult to get wound up about this kind of thing.

But then again, you don't sit in the family stands, 15 minutes before the game, stone cold sober trying to keep young children entertained and persuading them that Withdean is an enjoyable experience. I've mentioned this on many occasions, on here, to Attila and to the club.

Once...just once, it would be nice for Saxondale to have come over to the family stand and asked what music they would like to listen to, seeing as they are the only ones in the ground at that time.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Has NSC finally taken leave of all it's senses...insulting The Clash!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Al, can you please grab Marcus some time and stick him in front of me so he can have the pleasure of saying that to my face? And no, I am not implying a threat of violence or anything of that sort. I just think that if people are going to be rude and insulting to someone on a message board they should be prepared to do so face to face. It's called real life.

Indeed it is. Next time I see you at an Albion game I will say it. But well done on "giving up" the PA gig.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This was quite an interesting and usefully informative thread until the bickering started.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But then again, you don't sit in the family stands, 15 minutes before the game, stone cold sober trying to keep young children entertained and persuading them that Withdean is an enjoyable experience. I've mentioned this on many occasions, on here, to Attila and to the club.

Once...just once, it would be nice for Saxondale to have come over to the family stand and asked what music they would like to listen to, seeing as they are the only ones in the ground at that time.

Not a chance its HIS ball and he will take it away if you dont want to play by HIS rules.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick

Every week Gully's Girls dance to something contemporary, and I have played stuff from the 70s to 2010. I have played that House of Pain track off the CD you gave me at least 4 times Buzzer: maybe you weren't listening!

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Indeed they have. But we need to get people EXCITED by the whole Falmer experience. There will be ALOT of families and I fought the law followed by special brew and teenage kicks is NOT the way to go.

whereas jls, daphne and celeste, and whatever-the-christ is no.1 at the time is going to whip the falmer faithful up to a fervour that will intimidate even the sternest football hoolie. look, i'm no ska fan, but i'd rather have a passionate and competent dj at the helm than some southern fm drive-time tosspot.

don't you listen to 'em, attila. x

The club have asked for it.
And I have asked some of our mutual friends, who think you are being rather tiresome on this issue: since you obviously hate me so much, why don't you do what a normal person would do and address the issue face to face with me instead of whining on an internet message board? They don't seem to have an answer fior that.

You refer me to this post although it is aimed at TMLS so ok I'll respond. You were asked because you have tirelessly promoted yourself within the club and amongst it's supporters for a very long time. Like TMLS I would never criticise your love of the Albion, it just seems to me that it has become about what the Albion can do for you, and not what you can do for the Albion over the last 10yrs. Your time has come and gone, go gracefully. Just admit you have done this for the love of yourself and enjoyed every second. Fair enough. Why are you so desperate to discuss face to face? Do the arguments not make sense to you in black and white? If you really wanted to meet me you are welcome. Why don't we do it the same day you pay up on your AFS Wimbledon bet?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Because at the end of the day the club feel that they "owe" you something. But your poem is rubbish. I cant remember who it was but in Gulls Eye/Ear someone did a much better effort. But because of your "profile" they have asked you.

I find Attilla's politics and poems tiresome, but never John as a person.

The club bloody well do 'owe' him something ( quite what I'm not sure ) as well a lot of nameless others.

If certain people hadn't done certain things 15 years ago, I very much doubt the club would be as it is now, if at all.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

This is indeed true. I spend as little time at Withdean as is humanly possible (whilst still seeing the 90 of course), so the pre-match fayre has no impact on me whatsoever.

Even so, the sound is so abysmal over that crackling PA system (half the speakers barely work behind the south stand anyway) that I'd probably struggle to decipher whatever track was being played anyway. I still think the abuse is a little OTT though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here