Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At least next season we won't have to put up with your TEDIOUS RANTS now that Attila has hung up his headphones. Thank f*** for that!

If it means we can do away with the DEAD WOOD then Im happy to retire myself.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No. He's come on here to promote his shit poetry once AGAIN which for some reason will adorn our new beautiful stadium for all eternity. AND, to bow out gracefully from being the worst and least popular PA in the football league's long and illustrious history.

Can I write a poem for the supports bar entry wall? If NSC vote that it is better can I have mine immortalised there instead?

This.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I suggest a music thread in his honour. Anyone else up for this? Just a few rules

1. The Clash must be played every 4th tune
2. The Killers - I predict a riot will feature on every page at least twice.
3. Music created after 1993 is allowed but only the first minute and then must not be dance music.
4. Music that kids actually like must be eschewed in favour of stuff they ought to like. Such as ska. And not new ska. Old ska. Old crap ska.
5. Try and be topical with your suggestions.
6. Rule 5 is not a licence to play up-to-date music. (See rules 1 to 4).
7. If people don't like your music choice then manufacture a problem that doesn't exist in order to rail against modern football. Such as music after goals.
8. For the first 11 years of posting try to play Teenage Kicks as often as possible, Goddammit
9. See rule 1

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But why all the FAWNING?

All the Archer stuff was FIFTEEN YEARS ago. f*** sake. Time to MOVE ON.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
A bit unnecessary.
He's come on here to bring confirmation of some news that most would be interested in, certainly I was anyway. Why the spite ?
Some people do seem to have taken it very personally that he played music they didn't like don't they? :shrug:

Presumably the usual stuff you get everywhere else at Falmer. That's fine, it's not a big deal really. Hopefully it's not so loud you can barely hold a conversation as it is at a lot of new grounds.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Goldstone Ghosts is a SHIT poem as well like most of your CRAP.

It should be removed.

The club have asked for it.
And I have asked some of our mutual friends, who think you are being rather tiresome on this issue: since you obviously hate me so much, why don't you do what a normal person would do and address the issue face to face with me instead of whining on an internet message board? They don't seem to have an answer fior that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I told my sons about this and both of them had the same answer why Heineken it is rubbish. Surely the most popular is Carling or Fosters and the myth that it can be watered down is just that a myth any beer that is watered down is so obvious to spot that nobody would bother doing it nowadays. The easiest if that is your way of working is Real Ale as it slightly less distinctive but still reasonably obvious to spot.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I suggest a music thread in his honour. Anyone else up for this? Just a few rules

1. The Clash must be played every 4th tune
2. The Killers - I predict a riot will feature on every page at least twice.
3. Music created after 1993 is allowed but only the first minute and then must not be dance music.
4. Music that kids actually like must be eschewed in favour of stuff they ought to like. Such as ska. And not new ska. Old ska. Old crap ska.
5. Try and be topical with your suggestions.
6. Rule 5 is not a licence to play up-to-date music. (See rules 1 to 4).
7. If people don't like your music choice then manufacture a problem that doesn't exist in order to rail against modern football. Such as music after goals.
8. For the first 11 years of posting try to play Teenage Kicks as often as possible, Goddammit
9. See rule 1

You forgot BLAMING Thatcher at EVERY public forum/gathering/broadcast.

Oh and I Predict a Riot was Kaiser Chiefs. It was popular FIVE years ago. Keep with "it" Buzzer.
While Im on the subject life imitates art. He actually has started growing a Saxondale beard.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I read somewhere that after the game all concourses open doors so in theory a West stander can wander round to the East for a beer.

Is this still the case ? If so, could be good for a after game beer

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The club have asked for it.
And I have asked some of our mutual friends, who think you are being rather tiresome on this issue: since you obviously hate me so much, why don't you do what a normal person would do and address the issue face to face with me instead of whining on an internet message board? They don't seem to have an answer fior that.

Because at the end of the day the club feel that they "owe" you something. But your poem is rubbish. I cant remember who it was but in Gulls Eye/Ear someone did a much better effort. But because of your "profile" they have asked you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And I know the people you are referring to and I may be tiresome but not as tiresome as your clapped out rubbish ideals and music tastes.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
No. He's come on here to promote his shit poetry once AGAIN which for some reason will adorn our new beautiful stadium for all eternity. AND, to bow out gracefully from being the worst and least popular PA in the football league's long and illustrious history.

Can I write a poem for the supports bar entry wall? If NSC vote that it is better can I have mine immortalised there instead?

See post above.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I told my sons about this and both of them had the same answer why Heineken it is rubbish. Surely the most popular is Carling or Fosters and the myth that it can be watered down is just that a myth any beer that is watered down is so obvious to spot that nobody would bother doing it nowadays. The easiest if that is your way of working is Real Ale as it slightly less distinctive but still reasonably obvious to spot.

Carling and Fosters is both 4% i think hence why tastes like flavoured water. Heineken is a good 5% beer. Most lager drinkers will accept this even if not their favourite.

Good choice really and I'm a lager head

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Some people do seem to have taken it very personally that he played music they didn't like don't they? :shrug:

Presumably the usual stuff you get everywhere else at Falmer. That's fine, it's not a big deal really. Hopefully it's not so loud you can barely hold a conversation as it is at a lot of new grounds.

In a list of matchday priorities, the pre-match music over the tannoy is probably around the same level of importance to me as what colour pants Martin Perry has on. I don't go to football to listen to music, in fact other than the team lineups and the half time scores, I pretty much "zone out" of whatever blurb is coming out over the speakers (added to the fact I generally arrive about 90 seconds before kickoff anyway).

As for the poetry, I can take it or leave it. Doesn't affect me in the slightest one way or the other.
I genuinely find it very difficult to get wound up about this kind of thing.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And its not hating YOU per se. No one can question your Albion supporting credentials at all. I would dare not. Its your music tastes that you have HAMMERED us with for the last 13years.

But its the fact that YOU love the attention. It seems that you are somehow royalty and how dare people question or query the might Atilla.

Well I can. You like free speech. Well this is mine.

The "king" is dead. Long live the king.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here