Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

Can we have giant sumo wrestlers at half-time? That would be WICKRED, fun the whole family can enjoy.

And these things behing each goal:

3793225498_ba2a192596.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I have played that House of Pain track off the CD you gave me at least 4 times Buzzer

I'm sorry, but 4 times? I only gave you that last season and that was what I chose. Tell you what, next home game, pop over to the family stand at half time and ask some kiddies personally. Just avoid my 11 year old. He'll have you playing dubstep or Gil Scott Heron all afternoon.

By the way, you do NOT want to meet Marcus personally on one of his rants. Trust me on this. I've been there too many times and got the scars.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You refer me to this post although it is aimed at TMLS so ok I'll respond. You were asked because you have tirelessly promoted yourself within the club and amongst it's supporters for a very long time. Like TMLS I would never criticise your love of the Albion, it just seems to me that it has become about what the Albion can do for you, and not what you can do for the Albion over the last 10yrs. Your time has come and gone, go gracefully. Just admit you have done this for the love of yourself and enjoyed every second. Fair enough. Why are you so desperate to discuss face to face? Do the arguments not make sense to you in black and white? If you really wanted to meet me you are welcome. Why don't we do it the same day you pay up on your AFS Wimbledon bet?

What a load of rubbish. To suggest that John has got involved with the Albion just to massage his own ego is f***ing nonsense. I'm all for people have a pop at his musical choices, we all have different tastes, but these sort of comments are just uncalled for. What exactly have the Albion done for Atilla, other than be quite good at football over the last 10years or so, I really am at a loss.

And in case you have noticed he is bowing out gracefully, shame some of his critics can't act in a similar fashion.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
You refer me to this post although it is aimed at TMLS so ok I'll respond. You were asked because you have tirelessly promoted yourself within the club and amongst it's supporters for a very long time. Like TMLS I would never criticise your love of the Albion, it just seems to me that it has become about what the Albion can do for you, and not what you can do for the Albion over the last 10yrs. Your time has come and gone, go gracefully. Just admit you have done this for the love of yourself and enjoyed every second. Fair enough. Why are you so desperate to discuss face to face? Do the arguments not make sense to you in black and white? If you really wanted to meet me you are welcome. Why don't we do it the same day you pay up on your AFS Wimbledon bet?

I shall deal with this once and for all. In my life as a poet/musician the fact I support the Albion matters not one jot, it doesn't improve my standing in my chosen field, and in fact by going on about football at my gigs I mildly piss off a large section of my audience who aren't interested in it! (In the same way that by doing football poetry I piss off some Albion fans: ever heard 'Shot By Both Sides' by Magazine?) Dick Knight asked me to take over the PA at Gillingham and since then whatever Paul and I have done has been at the behest of the club. I really think some people are being a bit silly but hell, i stick my neck out, I can take it. And re the bet: £500 goes behind the bar from me at the first game at Falmer. See yoiu there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What a load of rubbish. To suggest that John has got involved with the Albion just to massage his own ego is f***ing nonsense. I'm all for people have a pop at his musical choices, we all have different tastes, but these sort of comments are just uncalled for. What exactly have the Albion done for Atilla, other than be quite good at football over the last 10years or so, I really am at a loss.

And in case you have noticed he is bowing out gracefully, shame some of his critics can't act in a similar fashion.

If he was bowing out gracefully he wouldnt come on an internet message board and announce it...he would just disappear into the background.

But he wanted EVERYONE to know...well those of us on NSC anyway...

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Heineken are a distributor as well as a brewer in the UK (its the old Scottish & Newcastle business) they also produce Fosters so that might be on offer (hope not) but it means the cider could be one of:

Strongbow
Bulmers
Woodpecker
Scrumpy Jack
Symonds

yes they own the lot! it will probably be bow, but lets hope for Symonds as its bloody lovely.

I will ask the Regional Director what the final choice is closer to opening.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Must of missed all this anti PA announcer stuff, surely a NSC thing.

For what its worth, I'll be glad to see a new announcer as all the Falmer bound shouts and the way the players names are shouted all sounds well a bit small time.

As for the music, from what I can hear of it , sounds good to me so hope doesnt change to much.

Regarding the personal pops at this geezer, I'm not really in the know but surely this bloke did an absolute shit load for us to get where we are now in relation to Falmer. That alone surely deserves a bit of respect

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
in a list of matchday priorities, the pre-match music over the tannoy is probably around the same level of importance to me as what colour pants martin perry has on. I don't go to football to listen to music, in fact other than the team lineups and the half time scores, i pretty much "zone out" of whatever blurb is coming out over the speakers (added to the fact i generally arrive about 90 seconds before kickoff anyway).

As for the poetry, i can take it or leave it. Doesn't affect me in the slightest one way or the other.
I genuinely find it very difficult to get wound up about this kind of thing.

this

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its allowed him to be part of the DK cottage industry. How some are more equal than others. Having the ear of DK etc.

OK then, this point first. Attila by his own admission hasn't worked a day in what, 30yrs? So his only income is what he gets from punters turning up at his gigs. How do they hear about these gigs? Does having a captive Albion audience affect this attendance in any way? Does the media exposure he gets from being the 'fans mouthpiece' effect this at all? No, of course not, how dare me for suggesting this of someone who makes his living from public performance. I clearly stated that he loves the Albion, that is not the point at all.

If he wasn't pushed, he wouldn't bow out. Again, you have missed the point.

f***ing newbies.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If he was bowing out gracefully he wouldnt come on an internet message board and announce it...he would just disappear into the background.

But he wanted EVERYONE to know...well those of us on NSC anyway...[/QUOTE

Attila was announcing the latest developments with the supporters bar and giving info on what would be happening with the PA next season. What is wrong with that? he will not be doing the PA next season, big deal, we now know who will be responsible next season. I cannot see why you have chosen this to launch into yet another boring but pretty offensive identikit rant. I suggest you take some of the advice you have given Attila and put ANOTHER record on.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
OK then, this point first. Attila by his own admission hasn't worked a day in what, 30yrs? So his only income is what he gets from punters turning up at his gigs. How do they hear about these gigs? Does having a captive Albion audience affect this attendance in any way? Does the media exposure he gets from being the 'fans mouthpiece' effect this at all? No, of course not, how dare me for suggesting this of someone who makes his living from public performance. I clearly stated that he loves the Albion, that is not the point at all.

If he wasn't pushed, he wouldn't bow out. Again, you have missed the point.

f***ing newbies.

If you think making a living from performing is not working then I suggest you try it sometime. An utterly pitiful comment.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I hate the vast majority of the music that John has played at matches over the years.

Does that mean it has spoiled my matchday experience? Not at all.

Does that mean he deserves the unbelievable and completely OTT criticism he's getting on this thread? Certainly not.

Ignore them John!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You'd think the four or five people who have some kind of vendetta against the bloke would be pleased he's not going to be doing it any more, rather than using it to have another massive whine. :shrug:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

But he wanted EVERYONE to know...well those of us on NSC anyway...[/QUOTE

Attila was announcing the latest developments with the supporters bar and giving info on what would be happening with the PA next season. What is wrong with that? he will not be doing the PA next season, big deal, we now know who will be responsible next season. I cannot see why you have chosen this to launch into yet another boring but pretty offensive identikit rant. I suggest you take some of the advice you have given Attila and put ANOTHER record on.

Dont worry I wont have to BANG ON now that he has done what he should have done ages ago.

I just dont see what all this FAWNING is about. Oh Atilla has spoken so we must listen.

The Clawwwwwwwwwwww

If you think making a living from performing is not working then I suggest you try it sometime. An utterly pitiful comment.

We are not talking ballet at Covent Garden here. You obviously havent heard any of his poems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here