Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
and butter !

I thought Lydon's huge wealth was primarily from marrying into that German publishing dynasty. The rest is just pocket money.

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Thank god we will have some decent beers at Falmer. Fosters and John Smiths should banned, as they are shite products. Thatchers is a good middle of the road real cider. It's important we support the club and our local breweries, but the prices should also be reasonable.
Keep on the case John.
Wonderful Stadium, Wonderful Beer.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Well pleased with Heineken on tap, pretty good beer. I cannot believe some are saying Fosters or f***ing Carling would be better, purrlease. Well done the club - Heineken, Dark Star and Harveys on tap makes us unique and stops us from following the identikit, mass produced stadium selling the same beers n pasties. I cannot wait for our new home to open :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thanks mate, enjoy your retirement as we will :thumbsup::lolol:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
If he was bowing out gracefully he wouldnt come on an internet message board and announce it...he would just disappear into the background.

But he wanted EVERYONE to know...well those of us on NSC anyway...

FFS, what IS your problem?
What Attila has one, has worked both ways. Yeah, promotion for him, but also huge promotion for the club, when we needed it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Heineken are a distributor as well as a brewer in the UK (its the old Scottish & Newcastle business) they also produce Fosters so that might be on offer (hope not) but it means the cider could be one of:

Strongbow
Bulmers
Woodpecker
Scrumpy Jack
Symonds

yes they own the lot! it will probably be bow, but lets hope for Symonds as its bloody lovely.

I will ask the Regional Director what the final choice is closer to opening.

Wrong Heineken do NOT brew in the UK. Their brewed products are Heineken and Amstel, all brewed in Europe but not in the UK according to their website. They only supply Fosters as a distributor as indeed do Coors Beers (Carling) Fosters is still brewed in the UK by what was Scottish Newcastle/ Courage and is brewed at the old Courage brewery at Reading. Upon the merger of Scottish Nerwcastle and Courage they became known as Scottish Courage to simply brew beer as the monopolies commission would not allow brewers to own more than 1200 pubs so the company broke up and Scottish Courage became the brewers and Intrepeneur later to become Enterprise Inns became the pub owners.

This break up in pub ownership and brewing resulted in the demise of Whitbreads, Courage and Charringtons, Ind Coope as the big names in brewing.

The History Man

Aug 16, 2003
Brighton
Does a PA man get a free/reduced season ticket a la litter patrol and programme sellers?

Can't speak for programme sellers, but litter patrollers do NOT get any reduction on season tickets. They have had occasional priority for away tickets and one invitation to the boardroom for hospitality. Because of sponsorship of the equipment and the provision of bins at Withdean by McDonalds, they also get a voucher for McDonalds if they want it, but they are essentially volunteers, helping the club fulfill the commitment it made when planning permission was granted for the use of Withdean Stadium.

Can't speak for programme sellers, but litter patrollers do NOT get any reduction on season tickets. They have had occasional priority for away tickets and one invitation to the boardroom for hospitality. Because of sponsorship of the equipment and the provision of bins at Withdean by McDonalds, they also get a voucher for McDonalds if they want it, but they are essentially volunteers, helping the club fulfill the commitment it made when planning permission was granted for the use of Withdean Stadium.

WHAT? Litter patrollers get McDonald's vouchers?

WHY HAVE I NEVER KNOWN THIS?

Wrong Heineken do NOT brew in the UK. Their brewed products are Heineken and Amstel, all brewed in Europe but not in the UK according to their website. They only supply Fosters as a distributor as indeed do Coors Beers (Carling) Fosters is still brewed in the UK by what was Scottish Newcastle/ Courage and is brewed at the old Courage brewery at Reading. Upon the merger of Scottish Nerwcastle and Courage they became known as Scottish Courage to simply brew beer as the monopolies commission would not allow brewers to own more than 1200 pubs so the company broke up and Scottish Courage became the brewers and Intrepeneur later to become Enterprise Inns became the pub owners.

This break up in pub ownership and brewing resulted in the demise of Whitbreads, Courage and Charringtons, Ind Coope as the big names in brewing.

And the most boring post of the day award goes to...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And the most boring post of the day award goes to...

Just correcting an earlier posting which was incorrect.

Heineken are a distributor as well as a brewer in the UK (its the old Scottish & Newcastle business) they also produce Fosters so that might be on offer (hope not) but it means the cider could be one of:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Thanks for a sterling effort Attila, your music selections were never to my own tastes but it all added to the Withdean experience.

Im sure you won't but don't listen to the likes of Tony Meola's Loan Spell, obviously a knob.

:drink:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Some of them Brighton players could get an evening job as well.
Lazy bastards.

The only reason Buzzer is pissed off on this thread about Attilla is because he brings good news on the real ale front and Buzzer hates real ale and real ale blow offs.

I suspect the other two chipping in might be Port and Lemon drinkers.

:thumbsup: To be frank, it was the music and only ever the music with me. The rest I don't care about one iota. That's between TMLS, Lokki 7 and Attila.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here