Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Attila is a BHA legend and his music taste is also quality. Thanks mate for all your efforts for the Albion over the years - you're appreciated :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can't speak for programme sellers, but litter patrollers do NOT get any reduction on season tickets. They have had occasional priority for away tickets and one invitation to the boardroom for hospitality. Because of sponsorship of the equipment and the provision of bins at Withdean by McDonalds, they also get a voucher for McDonalds if they want it, but they are essentially volunteers, helping the club fulfill the commitment it made when planning permission was granted for the use of Withdean Stadium.

Thanks for putting me straight. I was misinformed as to the 'benefits' of being on the litter patrol.

Much of the litter around the area comes from the shoddy recycling pick ups. Frequently they leave bits scattered all over the place in my folks' road and beyond. Not forgetting to mention the flytippers along Tongdean Lane.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If I had £500 then I would but I dont i'm afraid. Nice try tho!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wow! I have just waded through 12 pages of bitch slapping and whilst it is mildly amusing in some parts I have to say as an outsider who never has and never will meet any of those involved, one or two of you gentlemen have made considerable fools of yourselves.

Some people have naturally big personalities. It can be irritating but inherently it is neither good nor bad. For sure, to make a real difference in many situations a presence helps and if like any one of us they seek to garner some small reward or feelgood from their contribution, why not? It certainly doesn't merit the venom expressed by those few who, frankly, come across as envious rather than having any element of right on their side.

Music not to your taste? Put your headphones on.
Pictures and Poems on a wall? You can walk past.
Choice of beers? Drink it or not.
You choose.

But they will all be there because when others did nothing, someone took some initiative. And guys..........it wasn't you

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Can't speak for programme sellers, but litter patrollers do NOT get any reduction on season tickets. They have had occasional priority for away tickets and one invitation to the boardroom for hospitality. Because of sponsorship of the equipment and the provision of bins at Withdean by McDonalds, they also get a voucher for McDonalds if they want it, but they are essentially volunteers, helping the club fulfill the commitment it made when planning permission was granted for the use of Withdean Stadium.

Programme Sellers also on the same deal, do NOT get any reduction on season tickets. Also have had occasional priority for away tickets.
But....... we don't get an invitation to the boardroom for hospitality !!!!:tantrum::tantrum:

I want, i want :US:

Never missed a game at Withdean selling programmes( well a few :wink:)
and this is how I'm treated ........................:jester:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Can't say I agree with Atilla that Heineken is a good lager - when I worked behind the bar at Gatwick I always felt slightly embarrased offering it ( although it's not as bad as the Skol we served ) but I always went for the Lowenbrau when I got the chance.

So if no Lowenbrau or Kronenberg 1664 I'll stick with what's in the bottles I think.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I refer the right honorable left wing activist to my post regarding alternative drinks to that served in the supporters bar as discussed above.

Could you answer this please.

moochas grassyarse

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I refer the right honorable left wing activist to my post regarding alternative drinks to that served in the supporters bar as discussed above.

moochas grassyarse

Dave, I'm not wading through all of this any more, I want to put it to bed, I can't find your suggestion, sorry. What we need to do is prove to the club and the catering people that we can fill the bar and sell the beer they are providing to begin with (I don't think that will be a problem!) and then we will be in a good position to make requests for more varieties of all drinks provided....

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
250 doesn't strike me as very big - any idea what the capacity of Boots 'n' Laces at Torquay is since, for quite a few years, that was the place we always said "it would be fab if we had something like this" about.

That said, of course, we'll have super duper concourse areas which Torquay do not. And our ground holds 3 or 4 times as many as theirs.

Spot on - that's the best supporters bar I have come across.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

moochas grassyarse

Sorry Dave, no poofs drinks - we have our reputation to think of:wink:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dave, I'm not wading through all of this any more, I want to put it to bed, I can't find your suggestion, sorry. What we need to do is prove to the club and the catering people that we can fill the bar and sell the beer they are providing to begin with (I don't think that will be a problem!) and then we will be in a good position to make requests for more varieties of all drinks provided....

No problem John...cheers mate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here