Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer: Supporters' bar/beer/music/PA update

Feb 14, 2010
I've got to post 107 on this thread and have FINALLY got so pissed off with this ranting from TMLS that I've broken.

Attila (who can at least spell the Hun's name correctly) came on this thread not to boost his own ego, but to inform us of positive developments in connection with the Supporters' Bar.

Not a lot of people know how much this project owes to Attila's personal determination to make it happen. There was real opposition to the concept in certain quarters in the Club - and at one point there were some of the FFA team, including myself, who were being "sounded out" (behind Attila's back) about how disappointed he might be if he was told that there wouldn't be a supporters' bar.

He fought the cause. He won. He deserves MASSIVE congratulations. And the beer decisions he's achieved are TOP NOTCH.

Thanks, John.

A great post Lord B. I am not in the know but I did go to BISA meetings at the concorde and other places. Those were very dark days. Days when the club was being asset stripped and I truly thought we would do a Newport County. Some maybe have short memories or are too young to remember. Also a big well done to Tony Bloom for listening to its fans and customers. Perhaps its TB's way of recognizing all that Attila has done. Attila if you read this you might recognize me if you knew who I was, but as I dont really know you properly I will have to do the shake of the hand over the internet. Attila, you have respect from all that were there when Brighton fans got top respect from the rest of the country. I also remember when you go the violin out in the west stand now that was unique. and class. It makes me proud to say that I was there when BHA fans did not lie down and fought for the club.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think the Withdean music has been quite apt for the stadium. A bit rough. Everyone wanting an atmosphere for the kids will get that at the Amex but Withdean was never going to be rocking no matter what tunes were played, especially when you are either deafened by the cheap tinny speakers, or couldn't hear a sodding thing.

Top beer choices. So pleased we're not having that cheap nasty Fosters or Carling shite. Just the prices left to be confirmed before I get too excited

Oh and thank you attila, all the best

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Good man Attila. I have no idea why you generate the reaction you do on here. Completely out of order.

Atilla used to be really annoying back in the olden days of NSC. He also used to take himself very seriously, and was continually self publicising. big hypocrite but hey, I can hardly talk.

FYI it was bonus announcement day at a lot of banks today so perhaps that's why lokki and co are stroppy !

Sep 1, 2010
I think the Withdean music has been quite apt for the stadium. A bit rough. Everyone wanting an atmosphere for the kids will get that at the Amex but Withdean was never going to be rocking no matter what tunes were played, especially when you are either deafened by the cheap tinny speakers, or couldn't hear a sodding thing.

Top beer choices. So pleased we're not having that cheap nasty Fosters or Carling shite. Just the prices left to be confirmed before I get too excited

Oh and thank you attila, all the best

Agreed on the Beer choice, Top supping indeed

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Atilla used to be really annoying back in the olden days of NSC. He also used to take himself very seriously, and was continually self publicising. big hypocrite but hey, I can hardly talk.

FYI it was bonus announcement day at a lot of banks today so perhaps that's why lokki and co are stroppy !

I was there back in the olden days as well. I can remember when you were black.

But I don't remember that about Attila.

Bonus day ? Must have been more than a two pint lunchtime shirley.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Right lets put this to bed.

I seem to have ruffled some feathers here.

Lets start with the obvious: in no way am I questioning his Albion credentials. You could argue that during the dark days Attila (happy Lord B :) ) was almost a figurhead in bringing our plight to national attention, along with the "backroom", the Samrahs etc. It certainly heaped pressure on Archer to open dialogue with DK.

Apologies if it got personal that truly wasnt the intention - however Im sure Attila in many of his gigs has taken the piss out of many a celebrity, politician whatever, so yes I took the opportunity to have a go at (for example) his fashion, poetry and music tastes...

...the music tastes that we have had at Withdean.

Like Buzzer I only ever had a problem with the music and the fact it would never fit in at Falmer and it did seem rather self indulgent - a fact that Im sure Attila and others agree with privately if not publicly. As Attila himself said he just wants to be a normal fan again.

Im also glad that Attila has successfully got the club bar and the right beers for all, Im sure he will also now help raising the awareness of the disability section (or lack of) at Falmer to those concerned.

Also Im sorry to hear about your mum.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Lets start with the obvious: in no way am I questioning his Albion credentials. You could argue that during the dark days Attila (happy Lord B :) ) was almost a figurhead in bringing our plight to national attention, along with the "backroom", the Samrahs etc. It certainly heaped pressure on Archer to open dialogue with DK.

Apologies if it got personal that truly wasnt the intention - however Im sure Attila in many of his gigs has taken the piss out of many a celebrity, politician whatever, so yes I took the opportunity to have a go at (for example) his fashion, poetry and music tastes...

Like Buzzer I only ever had a problem with the music and the fact it would never fit in at Falmer and it did seem rather self indulgent - a fact that Im sure Attila and others agree with privately if not publicly. As Attila himself said he just wants to be a normal fan again.

Im also glad that Attila has successfully got the club bar and the right beers for all, Im sure he will also now help raising the awareness of the disability section (or lack of) at Falmer to those concerned.

Six hours later he sobers up and comes across all contrite! Bless!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Why don't you just post "I acted like a dick. I'm sorry."

You would get so much more respect and forgiveness.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

To be fair to the boy, he has at least attempted some sort of an apology.

Tho his assertion that 'I only ever had a problem with the music' is pure self-serving bullshit.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Just want to add a note of thanks to Attila

8d3960426bed18755b4864baa46d597a.jpg

I will raise a glass to his victory over the supporters bar beer and look forward to sampling some magic potions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Not after respect or forgiveness. All that needs to be said has so im dropping it.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here