Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Roadshow

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Did anyone ask the question about pay on the day at Falmer ( even if its a set of ticket booths in the ground) because I still maintain that this puts off the spur of the moment fans, no matter how many times the club bangs on about being able to buy a ticket half an hour before KO and picking it up at the stadium...its hassle and to fill the ground it has to be easy!!!

Yes pay on the day was asked. The only answer was from DK 'yes you will be able to buy tickets on the day. No meat was put on the bone.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Yes pay on the day was asked. The only answer was from DK 'yes you will be able to buy tickets on the day. No meat was put on the bone.

What was he banging on about with the last comment? Is there going to be a Butchers at Falmer. Buy a lamb chop get a ticket half price?

I admire the entrepreneurial (easy for me to say) skills of the man!

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

As I understand it, that means you'll be able to code your access card online or over the phone on the day, but you wont be able to just turn up and pay at the gate.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, however

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
What was he banging on about with the last comment? Is there going to be a Butchers at Falmer. Buy a lamb chop get a ticket half price?

I admire the entrepreneurial (easy for me to say) skills of the man!

sorry,

No meat on the bone was MY way of saying the answer wasn't fleshed out. :lol:

Although i'm sure the local farmer could get a nice business going!

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
probably pointless as from the 100's that turned up only about 3 questions were asked. People spouting drivel on here all day long from behind their keyboards, but haven't got the balls to speak out last night. At least Mouth, for all his faults, asked a question

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
As I understand it, that means you'll be able to code your access card online or over the phone on the day, but you wont be able to just turn up and pay at the gate.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, however

Yes, recalling the fans forum back in July/August at Withdean, MP did say that there was going to be this bar code thingy which we could use to gain entry along with normal tickets. Although I also recall he said Falmer was going to be a paperless stadium. With No turnstiles.

Hope paperless doesn't apply to the loos!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think this idea that thousands of fans will be staying behind after the game is abit tenuous to be fair. In the years I have been watching football ( and if you watch Sky when they have been covering a live game) most stadiums empty very quickly and people like to be away - when doing the Phone in, you can see from the press area that within the space of 15 minutes Withdean is clear with only a few people hanging around...you may get 30 odd people in the Sportsman, but that is it.

The seats certainly clear quickly when you see a game on Sky, but thats not to say people arn't in the stands underneath having a swifty. And sure, nobody hangs around at Withdean any longer than absolutely necessary, but then theres nothing there to hang around for. Personally speaking, if theres a nice supporters bar at Falmer, I won't be adverse to having a Pimms & Lemonade or two in there after the game, catch the scores roundup on Sky, then wobble off to get a train.

Did anyone ask the question about pay on the day at Falmer ( even if its a set of ticket booths in the ground) because I still maintain that this puts off the spur of the moment fans, no matter how many times the club bangs on about being able to buy a ticket half an hour before KO and picking it up at the stadium...its hassle and to fill the ground it has to be easy!!!

There was a guy who asked three questions to Dick altogether, one of which was "will we be able go to the stadium on the day and buy a ticket". Dick just answered "yes, yes and yes" to all three questions (I didn't hear the other two though).

ah dick's being a bit clever here.

You will be able to BUY tickets on the day.
But you will have to buy it in advance of going to the stadium. And tickets may not be sold at the stadium?

Which is the same as now at Withdean

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought the guy specifically asked if you could "walk up to the stadium and buy a ticket on the day" - although I was at the back on the 2nd tier and struggling to hear some of it.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think Southern tran carriages have around 48 seats in. I know this from looking longingly at them whilst standing during my journey to work...........

So double that number with folks standing squished together like sardines. 100 per carriage? 1,200 per train? So 10% of a 12k crowd per train. So with the three main trains only being realistic, that's 30% are "shiftable" by train. So the other 70% will need to be serviced by Buses, Coaches, Parking at Sussex Uni (how much parking is possible there? and how will they regulate it?)

I realise these are crazily rough figures, but at least it gives some idea??

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I thought the guy specifically asked if you could "walk up to the stadium and buy a ticket on the day" - although I was at the back on the 2nd tier and struggling to hear some of it.

To quote Lord B

"15. Club shop at the ground? Tickets on the day? Club shop in Brighton? Yes, yes, yes."

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The seats certainly clear quickly when you see a game on Sky, but thats not to say people arn't in the stands underneath having a swifty. And sure, nobody hangs around at Withdean any longer than absolutely necessary, but then theres nothing there to hang around for. Personally speaking, if theres a nice supporters bar at Falmer, I won't be adverse to having a Pimms & Lemonade or two in there after the game, catch the scores roundup on Sky, then wobble off to get a train.

There was a guy who asked three questions to Dick altogether, one of which was "will we be able go to the stadium on the day and buy a ticket". Dick just answered "yes, yes and yes" to all three questions (I didn't hear the other two though).
Apparently at the Emirates, a lot of people hang around boozing in the concourse bars after the game - sound very civilised. And I think the other questions were "will there be a club shop at Falmer" and "will the club shop in town stay open".

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So double that number with folks standing squished together like sardines. 100 per carriage? 1,200 per train? So 10% of a 12k crowd per train. So with the three main trains only being realistic, that's 30% are "shiftable" by train. So the other 70% will need to be serviced by Buses, Coaches, Parking at Sussex Uni (how much parking is possible there? and how will they regulate it?)

I realise these are crazily rough figures, but at least it gives some idea??
I think the trains are only 4 carriages. From Earnest's comments I gather that adding more might not be as easy as we think.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Apparently at the Emirates, a lot of people hang around boozing in the concourse bars after the game - sound very civilised. And I think the other questions were "will there be a club shop at Falmer" and "will the club shop in town stay open".

Think you'll find that more people have the left the Emirates before the end of the game, than hang around after. Getting away from there is a complete mare

We had the Chairman of the club and the Project Manager for Falmer on the stage for a presentation and a Q&A session on the stadium - what would be the point of having anyone else on the stage ?

I agree totally.
Also, last night was just about developments associated with the new stadium. The stadium is not being built, and will not be owned by BHAFC plc - the football club will presumably lease/rent it from the owners. The company that is building the stadium was shown on the 2002 Companies House Certificate of Incorporation that was DK's first slide. The directors of this company (Community Stadium plc orsomething??) are Knight, Perry and one other (Bloom I think). Hence the 2 guys driving the project, and comprising 2/3rds of the directors of the company that's building the stadium, were on the platform. ffs!

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Why not have the SCR phone-in live at one of the Bars afterwards?

Rather than wait for Hilda from Bexhill to ring. Harty would have a captive audience ready to discuss and debate the game and topical issues.

Just a thought.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I think the trains are only 4 carriages. From Earnest's comments I gather that adding more might not be as easy as we think.

I thought that they were extending the Falmer platform?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Why not have the SCR phone-in live at one of the Bars afterwards?

Rather than wait for Hilda from Bexhill to ring. Harty would have a captive audience ready to discuss and debate the game and topical issues.

Just a thought.

Blimey, I like that idea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here