Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I want the middle tier, I do I do I do, around the halfway line

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Does anyone know how accurate these pictures are. I'm getting the feeling that they are like a concept car at the moment and the end product will be 'along the lines of' what we've seen already. Every bloody picture is different, the one above shows a 3 tier stand and a 2 tier stand opposite, that has never been mentioned before.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Does anyone know how accurate these pictures are. I'm getting the feeling that they are like a concept car at the moment and the end product will be 'along the lines of' what we've seen already. Every bloody picture is different, the one above shows a 3 tier stand and a 2 tier stand opposite, that has never been mentioned before.

These are supposed to be the drawings that have been submitted to the three companies who we have tendered to as "this is what we want"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I want the middle tier, I do I do I do, around the halfway line

The middle tier has no exit points leading to the concourse, which may suggest the middle tier is for the boxes only perhaps.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The middle tier has no exit points leading to the concourse, which may suggest the middle tier is for the boxes only perhaps.

Good point. I'll buy myself a box then, you're invited !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
0,,10433%7E3579195,00.jpg

Is that Craig Stadler the Walruss bottom right?

How many of the players do you recon are muttering...."for f*** sake make him stop"

Is that Tommy Elphick looking suitably rivetted?:lol:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
These are supposed to be the drawings that have been submitted to the three companies who we have tendered to as "this is what we want"
So have the architects who drew these plans thought about them in a practical sense, i.e are they structurally sound and are they practical from a building point of view, or is that up to the three companies who we have tendered to?

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question, I just want to know how close to the final product these pictures will be, that way I won't be disappointed if it isn't quite as good as the pictures.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
So have the architects who drew these plans thought about them in a practical sense, i.e are they structurally sound and are they practical from a building point of view, or is that up to the three companies who we have tendered to?

Apologies if this is a ridiculous question, I just want to know how close to the final product these pictures will be, that way I won't be disappointed if it isn't quite as good as the pictures.

Not sure, but I reckon its part of an architects remit to make sure the thing can actually be built. Otherwise I'd have done some WICKED drawings for them.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

The main stand - the three-tiered one - has always been bigger than the one opposite. See drawings of days gone by, and you'll see that there is one stand bigger than the other.

The drawings are the ones from which all the structural calculations will have been / will be made. So they'll be as near as makes no difference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On a loosely related subject, I heard myself on SCR on the way home in the car last night. On my way out of the Falmer Roadshow, a gent thrust a mike under my nose and asked for my thoughts.

"Its a Tellytubby wonderland. It'll never happen" I jokingly blurted out. To my horror, I heard this played back on an SCR trail last night, followed by a slightly miffed sounding Dick Knight saying "its NOT a Tellytubby Wonderland, and it IS going to happen".

:blush:

Sorry Dick. My bad.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
On a loosely related subject, I heard myself on SCR on the way home in the car last night. On my way out of the Falmer Roadshow, a gent thrust a mike under my nose and asked for my thoughts.

"Its a Tellytubby wonderland. It'll never happen" I jokingly blurted out. To my horror, I heard this played back on an SCR trail last night, followed by a slightly miffed sounding Dick Knight saying "its NOT a Tellytubby Wonderland, and it IS going to happen".

:blush:

Sorry Dick. My bad.
Did Levo broadcast my drunken ramblings...? I fucken' hope not. :ohmy:

Oh, cheers for beer. :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did Levo broadcast my drunken ramblings...? I fucken' hope not. :ohmy:

Oh, cheers for beer. :thumbsup:

Most welcome sir.

I think that last Guiness was a bad idea though. On top of the Beaters, I was a little bit pickled by the end of the evening (hence my poorly thought-out remark for Levo's interview that came back to haunt me yesterday).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Most welcome sir.

I think that last Guiness was a bad idea though. On top of the Beaters, I was a little bit pickled by the end of the evening (hence my poorly thought-out remark for Levo's interview that came back to haunt me yesterday).

I thought it was a superb response - wonderfully and carefully considered, and expertly delivered. Better than my incoherent drivel, anyhoo.

Pint of Tinky-Winky and a Dipsy chaser, please Landlord. :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Most welcome sir.

I hope you had a LIFT and were not DRIVING!"!!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hope you had a LIFT and were not DRIVING!"!!!!

Absolutely.
I had a very pleasant pint or three in the Albion along with Lush and KSA, before moving on to make a complete oaf of myself at the Town Hall (inlcuding several extensive hikes from the upper reaches of the auditorium down to the mens toilets, which were somewhere just adjacent to the Earths crust).

I got a lift home from an off-duty cabbie (via the Cricketers of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here