Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
DK (or perhaps it was MP) said that it would be possible to expand capacity if needed. Can anyone confirm that this has been built into the existing design to keep future costs down? I guess it may be those corners of the ground which at the moment seem to have different representations depending on which picture you look at! Could I be right in thinking that 2000 seats per corner is realistic raising capacity to 30k?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The main stand - the three-tiered one - has always been bigger than the one opposite. See drawings of days gone by, and you'll see that there is one stand bigger than the other.

The drawings are the ones from which all the structural calculations will have been / will be made. So they'll be as near as makes no difference.
What I meant was that the picture in My screensaver (the one that was posted on here with the fixtures on) the main stand has two tiers and the one opposite has one tier. If these newer drawing are more accurate then all the better, if the finised article looks like that I can categorically state that I'll cream my pants. Now we just need to workout if the corners are going to be filled in.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What I meant was that the picture in My screensaver (the one that was posted on here with the fixtures on) the main stand has two tiers and the one opposite has one tier. If these newer drawing are more accurate then all the better, if the finised article looks like that I can categorically state that I'll cream my pants. Now we just need to workout if the corners are going to be filled in.

WARNING: STAND BACK!

Pant-creaming in operation.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
On a loosely related subject, I heard myself on SCR on the way home in the car last night. On my way out of the Falmer Roadshow, a gent thrust a mike under my nose and asked for my thoughts.

"Its a Tellytubby wonderland. It'll never happen" I jokingly blurted out. To my horror, I heard this played back on an SCR trail last night, followed by a slightly miffed sounding Dick Knight saying "its NOT a Tellytubby Wonderland, and it IS going to happen".

:blush:

Sorry Dick. My bad.

It was so good Easy that they used it as a trail for the next mornings breakfast show all day yesterday!!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ban him!

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
God, the players look bored :lolol:

0,,10433~3579195,00.jpg

Sillwood

Save the West Pier
Jul 19, 2007
Lewes District
Not having been there last night, most of this (and plenty of stuff on other threads) has been inspirational, and I've no doubt if I'd been there I'd have been equally impressed. We deserve it, and hopefully when it's built it will be our time again.

I have to say, though, I'm really surprised that not more people are more bothered about the financing of this stadium, and that DK was allowed to get away with saying so little about it, it's a lot more key than the bars.

£50million (or £50m 'plus', as it now is, whatever that means) is a hell of a lot of money for us, and given our history and how important this is to everyone surely it's not too much to ask where it's coming from, and how we're coping and dealing with the (clearly) much increased costs since this project was first on the table.

Personally, I would like to know what the break-even crowd is and the scale of what we need to do on the attendances side, but I would just about accept that might be confidential.

Only now had the chance to plough thro' this thread. I don't think we have to worry too much about the financing at this stage. Cost may have started at £45 million and estimated upwards by £9 million following the delays - but I did have the chance to chat to some one from the club on the financial side and apparently there should be no problem with banks coming forward with the money. And they will need less than 50% of the cost because of the projected money stream from selling various rights and concessions. It would be those loans that would be repayable over 15 - 20 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here