Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Roadshow

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I thought that they were extending the Falmer platform?
Yeah , I think it has been mentioned somewhere that the platform would be lengthened to accomodate 8 carriage trains , which might be irrelevant if there are no spare carriages. We've come back from Rotherham to Donny on a 2 carriage service after t'match and managed to cram in about 300 Albion fans but it was a bit of a crush. There was about 50 shoppers from Sheffield already on board.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think this idea that thousands of fans will be staying behind after the game is a bit tenuous to be fair. In the years I have been watching football ( and if you watch Sky when they have been covering a live game) most stadiums empty very quickly and people like to be away

Probably true generally, but I had a very enjoyable couple of pints after the Torquay FA Cup game in their supporters bar under one of the stands and it was heaving. Mainly Torquay fans, but some Brighton.

Big screen TV showing the Prem game from 5pm (or may have been European - don't recall), good bar and a lot of chat. I agree that you don't see this often, but it maybe because the facilities exist in only a few grounds? Chicken and Egg?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
At Reading, the locals/yokels all go into that hotel bar at the ground post-match to drink cider and talk funny. I know this because I went in there after the game when Kitson scored the winner for us to pick up a suitcase and one of them said "you ain't comin' in 'ere you benderrrr", at least I think that's what he said.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That bloke Steve, who was banging on about the rest of the directors being stage (utterly pointless argument, I thought, the key personnel here are Knight and Perry, who were both there- why would I feel the need to hear a speech from Derek Chapman, FFS?)- does he sit roughly near the halfway line in the South Stand, probably E or D block?

It's just he looked rather like the bloke who, every time the Albion aren't reaching quite the standards he evidently expects (ie every game), starts shouting abuse at Wilkins and/or individual players.

Anyone confirm/deny this is him?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No need, Adrie was tucked up with his crack whore in 'Yam Yam' land tonight.
FFS , Adrie appears to be relatively normal in real life , its only on NSC that he comes over as a right pill. If he is "dipping his wick" with a druggie slapper then he's getting more action than 50% of NSCers will ever get this decade.:laugh:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
If he is "dipping his wick" with a druggie slapper then he's getting more action than 50% of NSCers will ever get this decade.:laugh:

Maybe, but what else is he getting? STD-wise.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe, but what else is he getting? STD-wise.
I think he knows about using a condom. Just worried that he might end up with a giant herpes sore on his lips :eek::eek:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Why not have the SCR phone-in live at one of the Bars afterwards?

Rather than wait for Hilda from Bexhill to ring. Harty would have a captive audience ready to discuss and debate the game and topical issues.

Just a thought.
That's a great idea. If there's a 5:15 game to be shown I will certainly stay afterwards, as long as the bar isn't a complete dive.

P.S That Steve bloke sounds like a complete prick.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
had the best footie chat with a really interesting bunch of lads at Torquay in the bar. Restored my faith in football a bit.

Also, although small, it made me realise what a cohesive, well planned ground can do for the atmosphere. We will look back on Withdean and think "wtf!" in years to come.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That bloke Steve, who was banging on about the rest of the directors being stage (utterly pointless argument, I thought, the key personnel here are Knight and Perry, who were both there- why would I feel the need to hear a speech from Derek Chapman, FFS?)- does he sit roughly near the halfway line in the South Stand, probably E or D block?

It's just he looked rather like the bloke who, every time the Albion aren't reaching quite the standards he evidently expects (ie every game), starts shouting abuse at Wilkins and/or individual players.

Anyone confirm/deny this is him?

As I mentioned earlier.....

He sits in D Block Row K wears a blue baseball cap.

Your ID of him is spot on. I'm two rows back from him.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Isn't the East Stand the bigger, three tierd stand?

No, the east stand is the one opposite the main stand, the main stand being on the west side of the development. i.e. top left on this image.

falmeroct28jpeg.jpg

As I mentioned earlier.....

He sits in D Block Row K wears a blue baseball cap.

Your ID of him is spot on. I'm two rows back from him.

If you hear someone from behind you shout 'duck' on Saturday then get down smartish OK? It'll probably be during the second half though 'cos if TLO's new mate from the Oldham game is back on Saturday there may be some fun and games 'upstairs' in rows S/T during the the first 45 minutes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you hear someone from behind you shout 'duck' on Saturday then get down smartish OK? It'll probably be during the second half though 'cos if TLO's new mate from the Oldham game is back on Saturday there may be some fun and games 'upstairs' in rows S/T during the the first 45 minutes.

Thanks for the tip off! :bigwave:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
STILL no one has answered if we have THOUGHT of the CHILDREN? :angry:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I'm hoping that, whoever he was, that he was so disgusted with our performance that he won't actually come back.

Whereabouts are you in comparison to me?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
At Reading, the locals/yokels all go into that hotel bar at the ground post-match to drink cider and talk funny. I know this because I went in there after the game when Kitson scored the winner for us to pick up a suitcase and one of them said "you ain't comin' in 'ere you benderrrr", at least I think that's what he said.

As i do after the London Irish games......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here