Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Roadshow

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think this bloke was in the year above me at school and frequented the County Ground (cricket) during those years.

Is he a wanker?

That's not very nice

:p

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I'm pretty sure I heard (maybe not last night?) that Network Rail plan to lengthen the platforms at Falmer.

Anyway, even if not they can still run longer trains if needed, as the new(ish) sliding doors can be selectively opened by the driver/guard at short platform stations.

Unfortunately it is not possible to whistle up extra coaches out of thin air or even configurate Brighton station to accept any more trains especially longer ones.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
The audio of the Q&A session is now up on the official site but I cant get it to work, anyone else?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Unfortunately it is not possible to whistle up extra coaches out of thin air or even configurate Brighton station to accept any more trains especially longer ones.

Not even a couple of 8 carriage trains?

Anyway, what's the capacity of a 4 coach train these days, including standing?

If Southern Trains are not going to be up to the task, then let's hope B&H Buses are.

:)

Not even a couple of 8 carriage trains?

Anyway, what's the capacity of a 4 coach train these days, including standing?

If Southern Trains are not going to be up to the task, then let's hope B&H Buses are.

:)

I've posted a question on the Brighton/Falmer/Lewes trains to Insider on 'Ask the Club'.
Should have remembered all this stuff from BB et al and asked MP last night.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I've posted a question on the Brighton/Falmer/Lewes trains to Insider on 'Ask the Club'.
Should have remembered all this stuff from BB et al and asked MP last night.
Nice one, when you look at the numbers it is a bit worrying, it would be good to know the definite capacity of a train carriage. Looking at the timetable there are four trains in the hour after the game finishes.
16:49 17:04 17:19 17:34 17:49
I've thrown in an earlier one as well, just for bad fans. Ideally you'd want to get the majority on the 04 and the 19 minutes past, with stragglers getting the last two. I wonder how feasible this is. As has been said, hopefully the buses will be on the money.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
I think this bloke was in the year above me at school and frequented the County Ground (cricket) during those years.

Is he a poster?

Mouth is nearing his 50's, possibly 47, similar age to Beaky but better looking,and is a big Sussex fan. Definitely not a poster, crap drinker, crap punter and with a dodgy taste in females. Used to travel extensively with the PPT, been known to frequent the Blind Busker, The Albion (when not barred for upsetting Geoff), Seafield and Cricketers.

Mouth would like to know why on such a big night for the club, only Knight, and Perry who he acknowledges spoke very well, were the only directors on stage? And if the cost is in excess of £50m, is the figure now £60M,£70M or more or finger in the sky??

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Mouth is nearing his 50's, possibly 47, similar age to Beaky but better looking,and is a big Sussex fan. Definitely not a poster, crap drinker, crap punter and with a dodgy taste in females. Used to travel extensively with the PPT, been known to frequent the Blind Busker, The Albion (when not barred for upsetting Geoff), Seafield and Cricketers.

Mouth would like to know why on such a big night for the club, only Knight, and Perry who he acknowledges spoke very well, were the only directors on stage? And if the cost is in excess of £50m, is the figure now £60M,£70M or more or finger in the sky??

Tis the same bloke. Had a brother in my year. Name rhymes with a thing you shoot large missiles out of. Always arrives late and leaves early for H/t, then arrives late back to his seat.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Duplicate post...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nice one, when you look at the numbers it is a bit worrying, it would be good to know the definite capacity of a train carriage. Looking at the timetable there are four trains in the hour after the game finishes.
16:49 17:04 17:19 17:34 17:49
I've thrown in an earlier one as well, just for bad fans. Ideally you'd want to get the majority on the 04 and the 19 minutes past, with stragglers getting the last two. I wonder how feasible this is. As has been said, hopefully the buses will be on the money.

I think this idea that thousands of fans will be staying behind after the game is abit tenuous to be fair. In the years I have been watching football ( and if you watch Sky when they have been covering a live game) most stadiums empty very quickly and people like to be away - when doing the Phone in, you can see from the press area that within the space of 15 minutes Withdean is clear with only a few people hanging around...you may get 30 odd people in the Sportsman, but that is it.

Did anyone ask the question about pay on the day at Falmer ( even if its a set of ticket booths in the ground) because I still maintain that this puts off the spur of the moment fans, no matter how many times the club bangs on about being able to buy a ticket half an hour before KO and picking it up at the stadium...its hassle and to fill the ground it has to be easy!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We had the Chairman of the club and the Project Manager for Falmer on the stage for a presentation and a Q&A session on the stadium - what would be the point of having anyone else on the stage ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here