Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Roadshow

Is it possible to name some of the fine gentlemen in those pics? I assume many of those are NSCers? Seems to be an option to add a captions on Roz's site.
These are all NSCers.

p277483213

And much OLDER than most people imagine.

Jan 30, 2008
My thoughts;

1. DK and MP presented it extremely well, informative and thorough.
2. The new stadium is going to be fantastic.
3. There will be a supporters bar :yahoo:
4. Lush fixed the raffle (what's new?)
5. The questions were awful, real bad.
6. Oh, BTW, the stadium is going to be FANTASTIC.

If fair bought a tear to the corner of my eye when they showed the artist impression of the ground full of fans
:falmer::falmer::falmer:

This club is in safe hands, and we are going to have the best club stadium in the country.
:falmer::falmer::falmerspi:falmerspi:ascarf:

get a life mate, is football that important to you

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Oh the irony of you telling me to get a life :tosser:

Can we not all enjoy the moment here? This is something that a lot of us have been looking forward to for a long long time. Football and the Albion is important to me. Not as important as my family, my friends, and a lot of other things, but nevertheless it is important. What we saw yesterday was impressive, and after a lot of effort by a lot of people we feel suitably excited. If you don't then sorry, but it isn't going to change my feelings right now, nor will it for a lot of people. BTW, aren't you the person who was promoting some march on here, is that so important to you? Then go and do it on a message board that cares about it.

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
All this talk of railway bridges has just reminded me of something. A while back British Bulldog was saying that due to the old signaling equipment between Lewis and Brighton the line would only allow one train on the track between Falmer and Brighton at any given time. There's going to be a large number of people using the trains so if this is the case I can see it being a bit of a nightmare after matches.
Does anyone know: a) if this is definitely correct, b) are the club aware of it and c) can anything be done about it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
All this talk of railway bridges has just reminded me of something. A while back British Bulldog was saying that due to the old signaling equipment between Lewis and Brighton the line would only allow one train on the track between Falmer and Brighton at any given time. There's going to be a large number of people using the trains so if this is the case I can see it being a bit of a nightmare after matches.
Does anyone know: a) if this is definitely correct, b) are the club aware of it and c) can anything be done about it.

I think it is correct, and pretty sure the club are aware of it. I remember this being mentioned a while back, and the club's solution would be to encourage fans to stay behind after the game to stagger people using the trains - hence the supporters bar?

:shrug:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Correct, once a train has left Falmer then another can't leave until the first one has reached Brighton. At present there are 4 trains an hour from Falmer to Brighton plus the Ashford which passes thru and very difficult to schedule any more with the present capacity of lines and platforms.
AFAIK there are no plans at present to upgrade the signalling on this line.

Jan 30, 2008
Oh the irony of you telling me to get a life :tosser:

Can we not all enjoy the moment here? This is something that a lot of us have been looking forward to for a long long time. Football and the Albion is important to me. Not as important as my family, my friends, and a lot of other things, but nevertheless it is important. What we saw yesterday was impressive, and after a lot of effort by a lot of people we feel suitably excited. If you don't then sorry, but it isn't going to change my feelings right now, nor will it for a lot of people. BTW, aren't you the person who was promoting some march on here, is that so important to you? Then go and do it on a message board that cares about it.
ime all up for the stadium and looking forward to the opening of it, just thought you were a little bit OTT no offence intended

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
ime all up for the stadium and looking forward to the opening of it, just thought you were a little bit OTT no offence intended

I think that's just you then mate. I felt he summed it up pretty well, and any true Albion fan who has supported them over the last 10 years especially will feel the same.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Correct, once a train has left Falmer then another can't leave until the first one has reached Brighton. At present there are 4 trains an hour from Falmer to Brighton plus the Ashford which passes thru and very difficult to schedule any more with the present capacity of lines and platforms.

I think it is correct, and pretty sure the club are aware of it. I remember this being mentioned a while back, and the club's solution would be to encourage fans to stay behind after the game to stagger people using the trains - hence the supporters bar?.
Cheers guys. I'm guessing the trains are only going to be 4 carriages, I can see this being a bone of contention once the novelty has worn off, especially for evening games. It would be good to know how much of the crowd the club anticipate will use the train, if the actual number is much higher than they think then people could be waiting round for ages.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
if only you knew how long ive supported them ????

Well assuming you've supported the Albion for at least 10 years, you can understand why superphil was getting a bit excited about the prospect of having our first permanent home in over 10 years.:bigwave:

Didn't BB also say the number of coaches is limited (4?) by the current platform design/orientation at Lewes station?
One for Paul on 'Ask the Club' I suggest.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not having been there last night, most of this (and plenty of stuff on other threads) has been inspirational, and I've no doubt if I'd been there I'd have been equally impressed. We deserve it, and hopefully when it's built it will be our time again.

I have to say, though, I'm really surprised that not more people are more bothered about the financing of this stadium, and that DK was allowed to get away with saying so little about it, it's a lot more key than the bars.

£50million (or £50m 'plus', as it now is, whatever that means) is a hell of a lot of money for us, and given our history and how important this is to everyone surely it's not too much to ask where it's coming from, and how we're coping and dealing with the (clearly) much increased costs since this project was first on the table.

Personally, I would like to know what the break-even crowd is and the scale of what we need to do on the attendances side, but I would just about accept that might be confidential.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Didn't BB also say the number of coaches is limited (4?) by the current platform design/orientation at Lewes station?
One for Paul on 'Ask the Club' I suggest.

I'm pretty sure I heard (maybe not last night?) that Network Rail plan to lengthen the platforms at Falmer.

Anyway, even if not they can still run longer trains if needed, as the new(ish) sliding doors can be selectively opened by the driver/guard at short platform stations.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
If I was in charge, I'm not sure I would publish a definitive breakeven number, as it would be a case of making a rod for your own back.

Once in the public domain, everyone would know the figure, and everyone will focus on that figure. The first time attendances start to stray below that for a few games, everyone will start to get on the chairman's back.

Maybe the talk of the mortgage being anywhere between 15 and 25 years allows for flexibility in that respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here