Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england my england

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Does **** mean successful grown up?

Are you an actor? You seem to have emerged straight from central casting as retard of the week.

why retard because my english aint all that
i think you are showing eactly what kind of bigot you are

Dandyman

In London village.
My local councils interpreters cost our local junior school £160 per hour each, with a good number being in attendance at any parents evening and are at the school almost daily. Not a bad service to the parents who have decided to move to the UK solely to improve their economic situation.

Learning English is of course imperative to getting on in this society, and many of course want to. There is a valid argument that this service is vital and an unarguable necessity in practice. There is also the argument that some councils are squandering large amounts of money on having to deal with the problems of having large numbers of people living in their borough who have entered the country with no English language skills, in part due to the apathy or active encouragement towards the mass migration into inner London and other parts of the UK especially in the last decade by those less directly affected.

I live in N8 and work in SE1, so I'd say I was affected by any large migration into the capital. I don't disagree that there is a cost to migration or that it often falls on working-class areas. However, I would argue that the overall balance sheet suggests that migration to the UK has been more of a benefit than loss to the country (and that does not mean that I am blind to the small minority of migrants who are criminal or anti-social).

Dandyman

In London village.
why retard because my english aint all that
i think you are showing eactly what kind of bigot you are

As Lokki says good wind-up but getting a bit obvious now.

And yes, I am biased against the cliche ridden, racist and stupid among us which has nothing to do with social class btw.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Macky, I am proud to be English, and I can hold my head up with dignity when I think or say it. But in reading your well-intentioned, but mis-guided 'poem', I, for one, will not be told to or lectured on HOW I should be proud to be English, and the things you take appear to take pride in leave a lot to be desired.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Macky, I am proud to be English, and I can hold my head up with dignity when I think or say it. But in reading your well-intentioned, but mis-guided 'poem', I, for one, will not be told to or lectured on HOW I should be proud to be English, and the things you take appear to take pride in leave a lot to be desired.

Just for a start, tolerance, for instance, is one of the cornerstones of the English character. It's a lesson you could do well to learn before you start your crusade.
you can only tolerate so much ,everyones got their own breaking point, so let him have his say :bigwave:

Dandyman

In London village.

Jan 30, 2008
He has, but there's more to being English than just being born in England. His pride in England is not based on traditional, considered values of Englishness, and his knowledge of English history leaves a lot to be desired.
i can't seem to recall those questions asked of him? ok he's copied a poem, but from what i can see there's nothing wrong in what it implies

Okey dokey - what has stopped you celebrating your Englishness or even your Uckfieldness recently?

Indeed. Anyone who feels unable to express their Englishness (whatever that may mean to them personally), or is intimidated to do so needs to look inside themselves at their own insecurities and lack of self confidence rather than blame the lefties, PC brigade, pakis, darkies, jews, chinks, poles or whoever it is currently fashionable to blame for your problems.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
As Lokki says good wind-up but getting a bit obvious now.

And yes, I am biased against the cliche ridden, racist and stupid among us which has nothing to do with social class btw.

what makes you call me a racist
cost in excess of 3000 for visa for my wife and son
you were saying ?

macky

Dec 28, 2004

am i missing something tel lme what exactly id wrong with it
other then the union jack isnt the english flag ?
please enlightem me

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Indeed. Anyone who feels unable to express their Englishness (whatever that may mean to them personally), or is intimidated to do so needs to look inside themselves at their own insecurities and lack of self confidence rather than blame the lefties, PC brigade, pakis, darkies, jews, chinks, poles or whoever it is currently fashionable to blame for your problems.

why are you calling our asian brother m=names like that
not nice callling people pakis and chinks is it

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
am i missing something tel lme what exactly id wrong with it
other then the union jack isnt the english flag ?
please enlightem me

That poem that started the thread off, for one. Its sentiment about the English is so full of holes, I could drive a bus through it.

It's probably fair to say that the St George flag has now be rightfully re-claimed by the English (the far right can have the Union Flag - how many do you see at England games nowadays - for all I care), and since then I have never had a problem proclaiming my pride in England. And this from a 'lefty'.

So why are you advocating that you or anyone should have a problem? I see none.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
That poem that started the thread off, for one. Its sentiment about the English is so full of holes, I could drive a bus through it.

It's probably fair to say that the St George flag has now be rightfully re-claimed by the English (the far right can have the Union Flag - how many do you see at England games nowadays - for all I care), and since then I have never had a problem proclaiming my pride in England. And this from a 'lefty'.

So why are you advocating that you or anyone should have a problem? I see none.

the union flag yes it only a jack if it s on a boat
the poem i dont know who it was written by
butr i see nothing racist in it

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
This country has produced Churchill, Lennon, Brunel, Shakespeare, Moore and Nelson so doesn't need a GCSE standard poem to sell itself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here