Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england my england

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Why is it that the people with extreme views can never spell?

as i have said before english is not my strong point
and if you go and read myearlier post you might see im newcomer to your wonderful country where so much is free
even if i have'nt paid my dues
also if you were as clever or as intelligent as you are professing to be
you would see that paticular one as the typo it was

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
There ain't no black in the Union Jack.

Since when have the colours of a flag ever been indicative of the colours welcome in a country? Are you implying only people whose skin colours are snow-white, red and royal blue are welcome in Great Britain?

Your cheap sloganeering is shot with holes

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This would be the same Brits who watch imported TV on Japanese flat screens sitting on Swedish furniture then drive in their foreign cars to fill up with grub flown in from the four corners of the world. Most Brits sold out a long time ago.

I moved to the States a year ago - best f****** thing I ever did.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
This would be the same Brits who watch imported TV on Japanese flat screens sitting on Swedish furniture then drive in their foreign cars to fill up with grub flown in from the four corners of the world. Most Brits sold out a long time ago.

Not me, I still watch telly on my Rediffusion TV set

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
thing is as a under educated man
i feel that i cannot be english anymore
i cant or shouldnt be proud of my race
and surely thats wrong ???

I've never quite got this proud to be English thing. How can I be proud of something that is completely out of my control. That like saying I'm proud to have a heart or a name or a face.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I've never quite got this proud to be English thing. How can I be proud of something that is completely out of my control. That like saying I'm proud to have a heart or a name or a face.

Maybe yoe are not a proud person?

seriously guys, what is wrong with someone having a bit of passion and pride in his country?

everytime we have a similar thread its almost like it is the norm for everyone to abuse the poster. perhaps the people that almost seem to detest anything to do with being proud are not happy in their own lifes?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

The free market economy pisses you off... so you move to another country? Riiiiiight.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Maybe yoe are not a proud person?

seriously guys, what is wrong with someone having a bit of passion and pride in his country?

everytime we have a similar thread its almost like it is the norm for everyone to abuse the poster. perhaps the people that almost seem to detest anything to do with being proud are not happy in their own lifes?

that is what i set out to see
i put it here really just to see how much abuse i would get
looks like i have been proved right
people on here just wanted to havea go at me
about my sexual habits about my education
say something about being english /british
and you are jumped on
my education levels might not be all that
but im not as thick as 80%
of people on here

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
that is what i set out to see
i put it here really just to see how much abuse i would get
looks like i have been proved right
people on here just wanted to havea go at me
about my sexual habits about my education
say something about being english /british
and you are jumped on
my education levels might not be all that
but im not as thick as 80%
of people on here

Blimey. You're not very good at these wind-up threads are you? Your spelling was much worse yesterday.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
westsussexseagulls,
Macky doesn't even like the country as it is at the moment...

i take you are happy with the country the way it is at the moment then

He doesn't have much appreciation of the language....

why retard because my english aint all that
i think you are showing eactly what kind of bigot you are

And does not feel he can be English publicly....
thing is as a under educated man
i feel that i cannot be english anymore
i cant or shouldnt be proud of my race
and surely thats wrong ???

These are not the words of a proud man, but a man who is hugely underconfident about his personal identity. That's why he's clutching at anything (a flag, a poem, a conspiracy that lefties and the EU are out to get 'his' group) that will solidify any sense of certainty about it. He's clutching at straws.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Me! I'm proud to be a Brightonian. For me, being proud doesn't mean I think Brighton is the 'best' place in the whole world and all other places are rubbish. It means I'm happy and satisfied to know that this is the place I was born and that this is my home. Obviously, if I was born in Coventry, I'd probably be proud of being from Coventry too.

This would be my favourite goal of all-time

[yt]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wjq2xT-tx38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Wjq2xT-tx38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/yt]

And I'd happily wear one of the greatest football shirts of all time
Coventry-81-Home-USE.jpg

And the brown one too!

And I would probably be indifferent to Brighton & Hove Albion

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Me! I'm proud to be a Brightonian. For me, being proud doesn't mean I think Brighton is the 'best' place in the whole world and all other places are rubbish. It means I'm happy and satisfied to know that this is the place I was born and that this is my home. Obviously, if I was born in Coventry, I'd probably be proud of being from Coventry too.

When I say I am proud to be English/Brightonian. It means exactly what you have written. I have lived in Coventry for over 20 years. Still can't relate to the place.Brighton till i die

I love The Enemy though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here