Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

england my england

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Blimey. You're not very good at these wind-up threads are you? Your spelling was much worse yesterday.

maybe it because i was in a racial frenzy yesrday

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Anyone proud to be a Brightonian

Yes.

When people ask me where I'm from, I'm proud to say that I'm from Brighton/Sussex.

OK, so it's not a perfect place (then again, where is?), but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this country. I was born in Sussex, I am happy to live in Sussex, and when I die, I shall be buried in Sussex.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Yes.

When people ask me where I'm from, I'm proud to say that I'm from Brighton/Sussex.

OK, so it's not a perfect place (then again, where is?), but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in this country. I was born in Sussex, I am happy to live in Sussex, and when I die, I shall be buried in Sussex.

Its strange but i get confused. When people ask me where I am from I instantly say Brighton. When infact I live in Cov :lolol:. I can trace my family back to a small village in Sussex circa 1500. So i am very proud of my Sussex roots. Hopefully if someone can be arsed my ashes will go back.

I admit I have not read the whole of this thread but I see nothing wrong in being proud of your Identity.

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
Its strange but i get confused. When people ask me where I am from I instantly say Brighton. When infact I live in Cov :lolol:. I can trace my family back to a small village in Sussex circa 1500. So i am very proud of my Sussex roots. Hopefully if someone can be arsed my ashes will go back.

I admit I have not read the whole of this thread but I see nothing wrong in being proud of your Identity.

exactly my point. i didnt read the whole thread either but there is nothing wrong with being proud of your country and it doesnt make you a racist!

the enemy were great at Brixton Academy! going to see them supporting oasis at Wembley this year - should be good!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
exactly my point. i didnt read the whole thread either but there is nothing wrong with being proud of your country and it doesnt make you a racist!

the enemy were great at Brixton Academy! going to see them supporting oasis at Wembley this year - should be good!

I am going to see the Enemy support Oasis at the Ricoh. Its going to be one Coventry love in. Should I wear my albion shirt I wonder. :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Absolutely! Pride is something that most Britans lack - because they've been told they are not allowed to be proud of being British - they must be English..

What a load of twaddle...

English/British whatever you are - you are your own worst enemies...

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
being proud is about being confident and contented. nothing racist about that. glad we've got that one clear. and yes, you can be proud of things that are outside your control. I'm sure Darren Ferguson is proud to have a father who has achieved so much in the game, for example.

the people who give 'being proud of your country' a bad name are the ones who are jingoistic about it, such as whoever wrote that 'england my england' ditty. by their quite embarrassing and ill-thought out xenophobia and general paranoia, they are the ones who cause people to hesitate using the word 'proud' when expressing how they feel.

so macky, if you want to challenge anyone for dirtying the word 'proud', it's the English nationalists who you should probably be challenging.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I've got a feeling we still learn about Shakespeare and Milton... since i actually am studying Paradise lost i presume they do.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The free market economy pisses you off... so you move to another country? Riiiiiight.

Nothing to do with the free market. And, as about 400,000 people left the UK last year you will find a number of current NSC posters will have also moved on to foreign parts in a years time. Fact of life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here