Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennett SIGNS

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Wolves fans on 606 are sad to see him go they seem to rate him highly. Also the people saying could have done better, another reject, why anther winger? f*** off and support someone else. Idiots.

do you think that they really support us at all
dont tyhink they understand football at all

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
i like the fact he played all 48 league games last season for Bury i.e no injury prone... (i know saying this will now make him snap a leg)

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
Don't understand why everyone keeps thinking this is the end of Cox ?.
Cox plays mainly on the left wing or sometimes behind the front man, Bennett and Wright are right wingers, surely they will battle it out between them. Don't forget Wright can play on the left if Cox is playing in the hole !!!.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Don't understand why everyone keeps thinking this is the end of Cox ?.
Cox plays mainly on the left wing or sometimes behind the front man, Bennett and Wright are right wingers, surely they will battle it out between them. Don't forget Wright can play on the left if Cox is playing in the hole !!!.

Cox in the hole :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
Albion boss Russell Slade has completed the signing of Wolverhampton Wanderers exciting young winger Elliott Bennett.

The 20-year-old right-sided midfielder joins Albion for an undisclosed fee, signing a three-year deal, and goes into the squad for Saturday's game against Stockport County.

He said, "Elliott is someone we have been after for a while, and he is certainly one for the future; he is a lively wide player, with good pace and is an exciting young prospect.

"Mick McCarthy and Wolves were reluctant to let him go - but Elliott spent last season at Bury, and got the taste for playing each week, and he was keen to come to Brighton, where he'll get more opportunities to do that.

"With that in mind, the chairman and I have perserved throughout the close season, to the point where Wolves were probably getting fed up with us, but I am delighted that perserverence has now paid off."

Bennett spent a season and a half on loan with Bury, where he made over 65 appearances for the Shakers. After impressing during a three-month spell at the end of 2007/08, the winger spent last season on loan at Gigg Lane.

He made two senior appearances for Wolves, both in the League Cup at the start of 2007/08; he's also spent time on loan with Crewe Alexandra in League One.

Telford-born Bennett will wear squad number 26 at Albion, and will link up with his new team-mates today for training at Withdean, ahead of Saturday's match.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
This could be ok. Need wingers despite what previous posters say.

Now for the loan left back please Slade

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I normally moan about signings but i think this lad has very good potential:whisky:
Its when we sign league 1 rejects who are on a downward spiral that pisses me off:angry:

Hope cox goes as he is far to inconsistant???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who ?.

SNOOPY

Feb 25, 2009
lol davies and bennett are mates lets see how that goes down with the moaning arses on this site

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
clearly slade has signed a quality player and a player who will bollster thesquad. stop moaning for the sake of it. Bloody hell one bad defeat and your all moaning like old women...:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here