Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennett SIGNS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could this mean that McLeod is on his way to Port Vale or is our luck not that good as I do think he is now superfluous to our needs as I believe that Wright, Cox and Bennett gives us ample options out wide.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Could this mean that McLeod is on his way to Port Vale or is our luck not that good as I do think he is now superfluous to our needs as I believe that Wright, Cox and Bennett gives us ample options out wide.

Cox is more likely to go than mcleod

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Let's give him a chance before we destroy him eh?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why do we need another winger? Surely our main priorities are a creative midfielder and striker. ... ?
Because, as has been pointed out several times on this thread, the wingers/wide men we have at the moment are rubbish. Prior to Bennett's arrival the squad was no stronger now than it was at the end of last season, merely different - or maybe even weaker.

We do maybe need another striker and a creative midfielder but they don't grow on trees, so when the chance came to strengthen the squad Slade wisely took it. And Bennett CANNOT be worse than any current Albion midfielder; I'm basing that assumption on the fact that whilst he may be a 'reject' he's a Premiership reject and not someome deemed surplus to requirements at somewhere like Gillingham or MK Dons.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
brilliant player, i think Brighton fans will love him just as much as the Bury fans did last season when he won their Young Player of the year award.

really good, positive signing for Brighton

(from a wolves fan)
all you whingeing poms out there (and as a born and bred Englishman it takes a lot for me to use that phrase, especially at the moment) read this Wolves fan's post, absorb it, do some more research yourself and then shut the f*** up and be happy - a flair signing, a young man who an EPL side wanted to keep as a squad member but who'd rather play regularly for an ambitious side two leagues lower.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
mate, by the end of the season, everyone in Brighton will know who Elliott Bennett is. He has a great injury record as well... and the night clubbing bit..... you can tell you've not done your homework, he's a nice, quiet, down to earth guy who wont go getting into trouble and getting drunk every week.

i seriously suggest some of you doubters reserve your judgements and do your homework. this kid is awesome, seriously... Bognor Reserves, dont make me laugh!!! :lolol:
cheers mate, to say they can be a bit embarrassing (i.e. SOME of the posters, but frustratingly enough to pollute the board on a daily basis) is un understatement to put it mildly...:thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
:lol: Does anyone else think that this could mean that Coxy is off to Southampton?

Or has somebody already mentioned that?

Oh,I never thought of that,you could be right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are definitely getting a little blase/underwhelmed by new signings these days. This guy sounds like he could be the real thing, if a team that got promoted to the top flight's fans are sorry to see him go. His lack of injuries is worrying though, will he make it through a game for us before the inevitable happens and we lose him for 6 weeks?

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
If this was pre-season people would be very excited by this signing. He has genuine pace ,and he can cross the ball, two attributes we lack. I for one think this guy could make a real difference.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Chum from the Midlands (West brom fan mind you) is a jouranlist up there and when asked who Elliot Bennet is he said "Who?"

Not a good sign - but not to say he's the wrong man for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here