Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennett SIGNS

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Chum from the Midlands (West brom fan mind you) is a jouranlist up there and when asked who Elliot Bennet is he said "Who?"

Not a good sign - but not to say he's the wrong man for us.
An ill informed journalist from the midlands? Was it Naylor?

:jester:

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Chum from the Midlands (West brom fan mind you) is a jouranlist up there and when asked who Elliot Bennet is he said "Who?"

Not a good sign - but not to say he's the wrong man for us.

Par for the course for regional hacks it seems-knowing sod all.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Why do we need another winger? Surely our main priorities are a creative midfielder and striker. Does this mean Coxy is going to Southampton?

We need any players that we can get who are better than those we have. That is how things progress within football teams. It is tough on players at the Club, they can respond by upping there game to compete for the shirt, or move on.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He covers sport generally in the Midlands but is football mad. All I am saying is that if Bennett had a profile of any kind, he would have known about him. So whilst he is from Wolves, he clearly hasn't made much of an impression in the region. Added tot hat he's been on loan a lot.

I thought it was a useful (non) insight into the player. Evidently you don't agree.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
He covers sport generally in the Midlands but is football mad. All I am saying is that if Bennett had a profile of any kind, he would have known about him. So whilst he is from Wolves, he clearly hasn't made much of an impression in the region. Added tot hat he's been on loan a lot.

I thought it was a useful (non) insight into the player. Evidently you don't agree.

Or you could read more into the fact that Wolves weren't convinced they should sell him.

http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s115.htm?115,9288227
elliott bennett
Posted by: shakers08 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2008 22:36

alright lads, bury fan here, we have just had your right sided winger elliott bennett on loan with us since february and he has been class, great pace and scored 1 goal but got around 8 assists, do you lads think your gonna need him next season or will there be a chance of a season long loan next year? mick macarthy and our gaffer are good friends so i could see it happening hopefully

Re: elliott bennett
Posted by: Southbank Matt (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2008 22:40

Yes. Kightly will be 100% guarenteed on the starting line up if he stays, if not we will sign someone. I doubt Bennet wants to be a fringe player and may want to move on.

Clueless Mick couldnt see talent if it slapped him round the face.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: E_Cartman (IP Logged)
Date: 04 May, 2008 23:01

I see him being loaned out for most of next season, he may stay until we're out of the league cup, which will most likely mean after round 1.

------------------------------------------------
Posted by: Boston Wolf (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2008 09:36

I saw the highlights of a bury home game and Bennet ran the distance of the pitch, he held off atleast three or four tackles but then with one to go to be one on one with the keeper he was hacked down, the defender was sent off. I like the look of this player, he looks very direct and I would like to think he could have a say in games.
----------------------------------------------------

Posted by: michael oakes' length (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2008 09:46

According to rumour on the mean streets of telford (ie my brother who is good friends with some of the youth team) elliot was only signed to ensure that we could get hold of younger brother kyle - an outstanding prospect, wanted by clubs across europe. Or maybe it's the other way around - the younger bennett is the better bennett.

Interesting.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
So whilst he is from Wolves, he clearly hasn't made much of an impression in the region. Added to that he's been on loan a lot.

Sit for a few minutes and read that again.

I think it answers your own question.:thumbsup:

DezzieG

Aug 20, 2009
http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/boards/read/s115.htm?115,9288227

Posted by: michael oakes' length (IP Logged)
Date: 05 May, 2008 09:46

According to rumour on the mean streets of telford (ie my brother who is good friends with some of the youth team) elliot was only signed to ensure that we could get hold of younger brother kyle - an outstanding prospect, wanted by clubs across europe. Or maybe it's the other way around - the younger bennett is the better bennett.

Interesting.

sounds like a certain member of the Molmix site where im a member as well... the only thing wrong with this of course, is that Elliott signed his new contract AFTER Kyle signed his Pro terms, so there is of course no truth in that rumour whatsoever.
they are also different players, so its difficult to gauge which of the brothers has more potential, and which is going to fulfil said potential. the only thing that can be said is that both brothers are bloody good footballers. :rant:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. the only thing that can be said is that both brothers are bloody good footballers. :rant:

You'd think we'd be happy to go on the recommendation of a fan of the selling club wouldn't you? No, some of us would rather decide Bennett is surplus to requirements, plays in the wrong position, or is only being brought in so we can get rid of Cox, then again, he's quite possibly shit of course. The faith of many of our fans in the quality of our players and signings is at it's lowest ebb for years, and yet we have potentially our best team for years :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, I am excited about this signing, and can't wait to see this lad play for us tomorrow... welcome!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here