Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennett SIGNS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm not getting angry, just amused at a)b) the childish shit stiring that goes on from certain people yourself included.

Example?

Oh no hang on, don't tell me, you can't be arsed to go find an example.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If this is a replacement to cox... Could have done btter IMO, come on TB for f*** sake pull out the cheque book and sign us a 30 goals a season striker, if you honestly think we are going to finish in the top 2 with this team you are off your rocker

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
sounds like a good signing, i guess we'll see how good he is against stockport.

but i dont see why this means the end of cox?! Cox can play on the left or right, or as an attacking midfielder in the centre. Slade is probably just going for 'strength in depth' with this signing to give us some options.

the only reason it seems a little wierd is because we already have a decent right winger in mark wright, why havent we signed a left winger instead??

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If this is a replacement to cox... Could have done btter IMO, come on TB for f*** sake pull out the cheque book and sign us a 30 goals a season striker, if you honestly think we are going to finish in the top 2 with this team you are off your rocker

We have already spent about 3 quarters of a million for f*** sake.:wanker:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Firstly, unless I'm blind it WASN'T The Large One who posted this. You're probably just mistaking it for some other bit of info he's given us in recent days. The correct post is number 40 in this thread:

New Striker - Page 2 - North Stand Chat

Secondly, to all those saying "Why ANOTHER winger?" - are you mental? Who do we currently have? Cox, McLeod and Wright. That doesn't sound good enough on either quantity or quality for a whole season to me. I'd have actually said a winger was a priority. The only thing I'm a bit dubious about is that I would perhaps have gone for a left-winger rather than a right. Anyway, he sounds good, so no need to moan at this one. I'll moan at Gillingham rejects, but not Wolves ones.

TLO raised it on 15/08 at 15.11 thread titled simply Bennett

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
We have already spent about 3 quarters of a million for f*** sake.:wanker:

agreed, everyone seems to be forgetting that we have spent a fair bit of money already.... £300,000 for dickinson? £150,000 for Dicker and Tunnicliffe? and then a number of undisclosed fees... it probably is close to £750,000 we have spent so far...

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

Ha Ha.....could have done better...In your vast managerial and scouting exp who should we get mr mouth???

Are you deluded or what...who do you think Brighton are....what are you expecting??

We do need a striker I agree, But again...if you think a million pound will be spent...then you will be very upset!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
agreed, every seems to be forgetting that we have spent a fair bit of money already.... £300,000 for dickinson? £150,000 for Dicker and Tunnicliffe? and then a number of undisclosed fees... it probably is close to £750,000 we have spent so far...

£125,000 on Jake Wright too. Add that too Glenn Murray for £300,000. Jim McNulty for £150,000 and Craig Davies for £50,000. We have a lot of money invested in the team to the tune of over £1 MILLION

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Example?

Oh no hang on, don't tell me, you can't be arsed to go find an example.

Not that hard when it's on the same thread...

He will be accepting your kudos?

"Oooooh look Arthur doesn't realise the bloke who tipped it up is the bloke he had a disagreement with a while back lets post some shit trying to try and stir it up again"

Is your life that dull?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
would have preferred a left winger.... but maybe Slade will be using cox as a left winger mostly this season. McLeod and Cox on the left and Wright and Bennett on the right does give us good options....

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Wolves fans on 606 are sad to see him go they seem to rate him highly. Also the people saying could have done better, another reject, why anther winger? f*** off and support someone else. Idiots.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not that hard when it's on the same thread...

"Oooooh look Arthur doesn't realise the bloke who tipped it up is the bloke he had a disagreement with a while back lets post some shit trying to try and stir it up again"

Is your life that dull?

No, not dull enough to continue this if that's your definition of childish shit stirring following on from your (equally childish?) "and" post.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As NSC's resident Wolve's erm, resident...

I would like to say I am whelmed by this, not overwhelmed and not underwhelmed. Just whelmed. Good player, but never really looked like he was going to stay once Wolves went up. Probably could find another championship club if he wanted. He'll do well for us.

What do the good people of the Tap & Spile think of him??

Never really got much of a look in at Wolves did he, so hardly a Premier League player as such but one that will only improve hopefully and has played well at a similar level before so smart business if not the most exciting of signings, well done to Russell, the coaching staff and the board for getting him in.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
and i guess this puts an end to the rumours of slade being sacked, i doubt mr bloom would be allowing him to spend more money if he was close to the exit...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here