Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You live in Cyprus and admitted somewhere previously on another post you have only been to the Amex once and so how would you know ?.
Zing

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
You live in Cyprus and admitted somewhere previously on another post you have only been to the Amex once and so how would you know ?

It really just can't take other peoples word for it over a forum mate.

I would also add, that so far this season there has not been much excitment in the last 5 minutes of the home matches.I think the ones that stay are getting annoyed because they are getting home late, this then makes them grumpy, so they come on here and moan. I do not always leave early and I can tell you that at the final whistle people are not taking their time to come out of the ground, they are in just as much of a hurry to get to the transport and away.People do not mind queuing, its the thought that someone else is pushing in or getting an unfair advantage by leaving that little bit early

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
You live in Cyprus

Correct

and admitted somewhere previously on another post you have only been to the Amex once

Link? I have been to the Amex several times.

and so how would you know ?

People leaving early and pushing past you to get out is the same in pretty much every stadium.

It really just can't take other peoples word for it over a forum mate.

In English please?

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I got the ground at 6.15 - had 3 pints and a very nice burger, left my seat at the final whistle, had two further pints , walked straight on to the park and ride bus at 10.30
Is anyone remotely interested?

Yes, what car are you driving so that I can stay out of your way after a game :)

Just to easy your fears - I live behind brighton college so i can WALK from the race course to my house.

Are the people who leave in droves at 82 minutes the same people who marched out to the half time "queues" on 33 minutes on Tuesday?
Are they the same people who only saw the second half kicking off on Saturday because the power cut delayed the normal 5 minutes of shuffling about as people remember the match kicks off again just as they get to the front of the pie queue?

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
2634091_39504eaf.jpg

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Dont blame me...blame the shambolic public transport!

I hate having to leave early - but for evening fixtures I do. Why? Because of the totally shambolic public transport - an issue that nobody seems to want to address.

I travel the west coastway route to Brighton. I leave work, hurry home, change and out to the station. Rail company puts on 3 car trains so all crammed in and often supporters at stations east of Worthing cant even get on. Join the queue at Brighton and all crammed in for the journey to Falmer.

Getting home...well....I left on Tuesday around 85 minutes and was crammed into the first train away from Falmer. Arrive Brighton platform 6 and then the idiots at Brighton station make you exit from platform 9, go right around the houses by which time the connecting train has left.

Join another queue but the train only runs to Hove! Why? Over 95% of fellow supporters on Tuesday night wanted to go stations further west. Change platforms at Hove then a further wait before being crammed into yet another train with insufficient capacity. After 11pm before I got home.

The rail companies have our money (via the travel surcharge on tickets) so they have no vested interest in providing a service...so they dont. They continue to show a contemptuous disregard for the comfort and convenience of their Seagull supporting customers.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Tonight looked embarrassing once again even worse when I got back from game and watched it on sky plus it's not just a few it's 80% of the whole F(in) east stand leaving around the 85 minute mark a whole 10 mins left of a game that was hanging in the balance and a classic game , it's a Friday night FFS no work tomorrow , pathetic glad I'm sitting in west upper H block with real Brighton fans that stay till the end to cheer the team on to get a result

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tonight looked embarrassing once again even worse when I got back from game and watched it on sky plus it's not just a few it's 80% of the whole F(in) east stand leaving around the 85 minute mark a whole 10 mins left of a game that was hanging in the balance and a classic game , it's a Friday night FFS no work tomorrow , pathetic glad I'm sitting in west upper H block with real Brighton fans that stay till the end to cheer the team on to get a result
It's been said 1000's of time before so one more won't hurt.

If leaving 5 mins early saves an hour of waiting, you can't be surprised that The Family Stand empties out early, esp on a night game.
That's just the way it is and will be, for the foreseeable future, deal with it.

For the record my kids can't cope the next day so don't go to evening games.
We leave promptly on the final whistle @ 3pm kick offs.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I spoke to the club earlier and they're thinking about getting some drapes attached to the roof of the east upper that drop to the floor encasing the whole east stand on the 85th minute on these drapes will be painted Albion fans like they had at highbury when the north bank was being built to make it look like the stand is full with some fan chants coming out of the speakers in the east to act as a 12th man right up until the 95th minute
The club must act on this now

D

Deleted User X18H

I hate having to leave early - but for evening fixtures I do. Why? Because of the totally shambolic public transport - an issue that nobody seems to want to address.

I travel the west coastway route to Brighton. I leave work, hurry home, change and out to the station. Rail company puts on 3 car trains so all crammed in and often supporters at stations east of Worthing cant even get on. Join the queue at Brighton and all crammed in for the journey to Falmer.

Getting home...well....I left on Tuesday around 85 minutes and was crammed into the first train away from Falmer. Arrive Brighton platform 6 and then the idiots at Brighton station make you exit from platform 9, go right around the houses by which time the connecting train has left.

Join another queue but the train only runs to Hove! Why? Over 95% of fellow supporters on Tuesday night wanted to go stations further west. Change platforms at Hove then a further wait before being crammed into yet another train with insufficient capacity. After 11pm before I got home.

The rail companies have our money (via the travel surcharge on tickets) so they have no vested interest in providing a service...so they dont. They continue to show a contemptuous disregard for the comfort and convenience of their Seagull supporting customers.

This is impossible

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's not just the East stand its all stands. I am glad some of you are having sleepless nights about this, I am not,maybe it's because I get home at a reasonable time. I pay for my season ticket and its up to me. I have looked at the T&Cs and can not find the bit that says I have to stay to the final whistle or that I have to listen to people who have better to do then watch what time I go home.thank god we do not live in a nanny state.

Own Goals Galore

Sep 28, 2011
I think its a bit of a myth that its this is an East stand problem. I sit in east lower and have never left early and what I do see is people pouring out west lower and even the north before the final whistle.

Guessing the people that keep referring to the east sit in the west where I suppose it is more visible as its directly opposite.

It's a general problem and is linked directly to transport. It needs to be addressed, particularly for midweek games. Less pressure on a Sat when a lot have a beer or 2 after. Transport needs a rethink

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's not just the East stand its all stands. I am glad some of you are having sleepless nights about this, I am not,maybe it's because I get home at a reasonable time. I pay for my season ticket and its up to me. I have looked at the T&Cs and can not find the bit that says I have to stay to the final whistle or that I have to listen to people who have better to do then watch what time I go home.thank god we do not live in a nanny state.

I agree. It doesn't worry me when people go or stay. The ones that annoy me are the ones who go to the toilet every 10 minutes. Can I request that they move to an aisle seat next season?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I think its a bit of a myth that its this is an East stand problem. I sit in east lower and have never left early and what I do see is people pouring out west lower and even the north before the final whistle.

Guessing the people that keep referring to the east sit in the west where I suppose it is more visible as its directly opposite.

It's a general problem and is linked directly to transport. It needs to be addressed, particularly for midweek games. Less pressure on a Sat when a lot have a beer or 2 after. Transport needs a rethink

I was just about to post the same thing. I think the east gets labeled simply as there are so many looking on from the West. Every stand i can see has the same 'problem'. I don't understand why there are so many new threads each game about it. It's not going to change so what's the point in complaining?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

I sit in the West stand and I understand that people leave early from the East for a variety of reasons, particularly if they have kids with them. I always stay to the end and, often as not, hear you furiously wanking over the fact that you and the rest of the stand are still there.

Titus

Come on!
Feb 21, 2010
Up here on the left.

Does bouncing your long forgotten thread make you feel important?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I was just about to post the same thing. I think the east gets labeled simply as there are so many looking on from the West. Every stand i can see has the same 'problem'. I don't understand why there are so many new threads each game about it. It's not going to change so what's the point in complaining?

Well said that man!
Looking across from the East Upper after 80 mins, the West Lower had a lot of empty seats as well. Every stand will have fans leaving early, as every stand will have supporters who want to leave early to beat the queues.

Lets face it - if you left before the final whistle last night you are never going to stay until the end.

Cracking game, cracking atmosphere, piss poor ref.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here