Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I sit in the East, in the middle of a row and have never left early but only twice have I not got straight on a bus. I don't understand what the rush is.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I know I'm a bit late to this thread but I sit in the East, in the middle of a row and have never left early but only twice have I not got straight on a bus. I don't understand what the rush is.

I am lucky, I live less than fifteen minutes from the Amex by foot if I hurry and possibly give myself a heart attack! If I take a chance on the 25/23 buses and miss them, it can take forty minutes before I get my first pint of 'Harveys' in Dicks FFS! I can understand parents/kids wanting to get back before the rush but the mass exodus at 85mins is mad. I understand people are going to work the next day but it reminds me of the 'Lemmings' game from many years ago. How much sleep do you want for fecks sake! :yawn:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
i watched the whole match and never left my sofa once

Lamie, I believe you sit near my band of six 'brothers' in the East Upper. Honestly, what do you think of the people around you? We stay to the end whatever the result. I have no problem if other fans leave early but wonder what they are going home to. Will their dinner be burnt? Are some on a promise? Will they miss Simon Cowells 'I am a useless waste of space and cant sing'/'Dancing on land/sea/air/ice? MOTD or the football league show? I am a family man (four kids from 12 to 29) and my football takes up a small amount of my time but it is more important than getting 'Home' early!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
i watched the whole match and never left my sofa once

Lamie, I believe you sit near my band of six 'brothers' in the East Upper. Honestly, what do you think of the people around you? We stay to the end whatever the result. I have no problem if other fans leave early but wonder what they are going home to. Will their dinner be burnt? Are some on a promise? Will they miss Simon Cowells 'I am a useless waste of space and cant sing'/'Dancing on land/sea/air/ice? MOTD or the football league show? I am a family man (four kids from 12 to 29) and my football takes up a small amount of my time but it is more important than getting 'Home' early!:thumbsup:

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Then go and watch Liverpool or Newcastle !

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
actually that was the only thing Mrs gaffer mentioned after watching the last 10 minutes.

" ....by the end of the game, the stand was almost empty...."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
actually that was the only thing Mrs gaffer mentioned after watching the last 10 minutes.

" ....by the end of the game, the stand was almost empty...."

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
lovely story this, the same half a dozen after every fuckin game, well here's some apples for you, i'd bet 95% of early leavers don't even read NSC and the other 5% couldn't give two knobs of goat shit what other people think about them

They must waste the last 10 minutes counting how many people are leaving, so that must mean like the early leavers they miss the last ten mins.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
Always leave bang on final whistle - car parked in Uni - home to Shoreham within 30 minutes. Never look to see how many have left early as this means missing the game, which defeats the point of going to watch the game. WHAT DO THE PLAYERS THINK WHEN THEY SEE ALL OF THEIR SUPPORTERS BUGGERING OFF EARLY!!??

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hate having to leave early - but for evening fixtures I do. Why? Because of the totally shambolic public transport - an issue that nobody seems to want to address.

I travel the west coastway route to Brighton. I leave work, hurry home, change and out to the station. Rail company puts on 3 car trains so all crammed in and often supporters at stations east of Worthing cant even get on. Join the queue at Brighton and all crammed in for the journey to Falmer.

Getting home...well....I left on Tuesday around 85 minutes and was crammed into the first train away from Falmer. Arrive Brighton platform 6 and then the idiots at Brighton station make you exit from platform 9, go right around the houses by which time the connecting train has left.

Join another queue but the train only runs to Hove! Why? Over 95% of fellow supporters on Tuesday night wanted to go stations further west. Change platforms at Hove then a further wait before being crammed into yet another train with insufficient capacity. After 11pm before I got home.

The rail companies have our money (via the travel surcharge on tickets) so they have no vested interest in providing a service...so they dont. They continue to show a contemptuous disregard for the comfort and convenience of their Seagull supporting customers.

I also use the westbound trains. For an evening game that probably finished at around 9.45 (or 9.35 for you if you left early), is getting home around 11pm really THAT bad ? There are about 26,000 people all trying to get home too, the vast majority on public transport. Yes it'd be nice to have more trains with more carriages, but thats not really something thats in the clubs control is it.

As long as the trains are running properly (which they do MOST of the time), then getting home about an hour / hour and a half after the final whistle is hardly a disaster is it ? Friday I left at the final whistle, got the train and was back to Portslade at 10.40. Saturdays I usually hang back for a beer, get the 5.37, then the 5.53 from Brighton and I'm home by 6.10.

The people who expect to be home and hosed and in front of the telly within 45 minutes of the end of the game are living in cloud cuckoo. We're not at Withdean any more. Our crowds are maHOOsive now. Accept its going to take longer to disperse for christs sake, as it does at most other clubs. Ever tried getting away from Reading or West Ham after a game there ? You need a calander not a clock.

Always leave bang on final whistle - car parked in Uni - home to Shoreham within 30 minutes. Never look to see how many have left early as this means missing the game, which defeats the point of going to watch the game. WHAT DO THE PLAYERS THINK WHEN THEY SEE ALL OF THEIR SUPPORTERS BUGGERING OFF EARLY!!??

Well they probably think at least they turned up unlike some of the team???

I also use the westbound trains. For an evening game that probably finished at around 9.45 (or 9.35 for you if you left early), is getting home around 11pm really THAT bad ? There are about 26,000 people all trying to get home too, the vast majority on public transport. Yes it'd be nice to have more trains with more carriages, but thats not really something thats in the clubs control is it.

As long as the trains are running properly (which they do MOST of the time), then getting home about an hour / hour and a half after the final whistle is hardly a disaster is it ? Friday I left at the final whistle, got the train and was back to Portslade at 10.40. Saturdays I usually hang back for a beer, get the 5.37, then the 5.53 from Brighton and I'm home by 6.10.

The people who expect to be home and hosed and in front of the telly within 45 minutes of the end of the game are living in cloud cuckoo. We're not at Withdean any more. Our crowds are maHOOsive now. Accept its going to take longer to disperse for christs sake, as it does at most other clubs. Ever tried getting away from Reading or West Ham after a game there ? You need a calander not a clock.

leave on 85 min and home in hove around 6pm:thumbsup:

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
Never really understood what it's got to do with anyone else what time you leave. If leaving 5 or 10 mins early is the difference of getting home in 20 mins or getting home in 2 hours, i know what my choice would be.

Can't see why people get so uptight about it, it's sod all to do with anyone else.

Here here!!! Well said... :thumbsup:

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Here here!!! Well said... :thumbsup:

What has is got to do with me.......
-They have usually arrived late, go to the concourse at 40 mins to get a pie, come back from half time late and then leave early resulting in me having to get up out my seat to let people in & out and miss some of the game, only seconds granted but it's usually when things are really hotting up.
-They clog up the isles and stand in the way of those still seated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here