Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Tonight looked embarrassing once again even worse when I got back from game and watched it on sky plus it's not just a few it's 80% of the whole F(in) east stand leaving around the 85 minute mark a whole 10 mins left of a game that was hanging in the balance and a classic game , it's a Friday night FFS no work tomorrow , pathetic glad I'm sitting in west upper H block with real Brighton fans that stay till the end to cheer the team on to get a result

Strange that, cos I am in the upper East, didnt leave till the final whistle, btw, and the mass exodus of the upper West is quite noticable too.
I was in the upper West last year, but its only when you see a stand opposite you, that you really notice it.
Try getting a ticket for a game in the East upper, just to be surprised.
You might even stop moaning about it after every evening game.

D

Deleted member 22389

This is why I cycle. I know it impossible for some people due to distance which I appreciate, but at least with the bike your not all running for the bus or train at the end of the match, and can stay until the final whistle.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
This is why I cycle. I know it impossible for some people due to distance which I appreciate, but at least with the bike your not all running for the bus or train at the end of the match, and can stay until the final whistle.

Out of interest how far do you cycle? I'm thinking of getting the wheels out myself.

chiefkickass

Jan 19, 2012
Would never leave early! Stayed for a pint after the game, strolled down to the station and got straight on to the 22:17. That's the way to do it

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I do wish everyone would f***ing leave the East Stand alone. It was always sold as the family friendly/quiet stand.
It has a load of old people and kids in. Yes I leave early sometimes, when I have my kids with me, as traveling on the
train can be a bit of a nightmare when everyone is pushing and shoving, and the kids hate it.
The only shame in my opinion is that the tv cameras aren't on the East Stand, therefore showing the big West Stand

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Tonight looked embarrassing once again even worse when I got back from game and watched it on sky plus it's not just a few it's 80% of the whole F(in) east stand leaving around the 85 minute mark a whole 10 mins left of a game that was hanging in the balance and a classic game , it's a Friday night FFS no work tomorrow , pathetic glad I'm sitting in west upper H block with real Brighton fans that stay till the end to cheer the team on to get a result

First time your see me swear on here but please do... f*** off

Ps i stayed to the end not that its any of your business

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
Originally Posted by T soprano
I spoke to the club earlier and they're thinking about getting some drapes attached to the roof of the east upper that drop to the floor encasing the whole east stand on the 85th minute on these drapes will be painted Albion fans like they had at highbury when the north bank was being built to make it look like the stand is full with some fan chants coming out of the speakers in the east to act as a 12th man right up until the 95th minute

-------

I guess they can just photocopy the pics used for upper west, still waiting to hear the mythical wall of noise from the upper pretentious tier. That's my silly response to the silly comments.

In all honesty if you look around you will see people leaving from all the stands at the Amex. If you watch tele you will also see it at every game, even from grounds with general good transport arrangements. Some hate crushes, some are in a hurry, don't like it, then tough shit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Strange that, cos I am in the upper East, didnt leave till the final whistle, btw, and the mass exodus of the upper West is quite noticable too.
I was in the upper West last year, but its only when you see a stand opposite you, that you really notice it.
Try getting a ticket for a game in the East upper, just to be surprised.
You might even stop moaning about it after every evening game.

sums it up from me..from a fellow east upper stand

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Our band of six stay right to the end in E/U - But its embarrassing when Macca's clapping each stand - 'There's no one there' - 'There's no one there' (sung):(

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
If you had foreplay with a beautiful women for 80 mins would you pull your trousers up just before you climax and her as well and say sorry love you'll have to play on your own for the last 10 mins if I stay any longer I might miss the early bus or train and I don't wanna stand queuing for the later one

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
If you had foreplay with a beautiful women for 80 mins would you pull your trousers up just before you climax and her as well and say sorry love you'll have to play on your own for the last 10 mins if I stay any longer I might miss the early bus or train and I don't wanna stand queuing for the later one

:blush:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Some of the stock views and opinions in this thread are quite wonderful. You don't know people's circumstances and you certainly can't say "there's no work tomorrow", of course there are people working on a saturday how else do you think that shops get opened? The world doesn't stop on a friday night and start again on a monday morning like some people seem to think and considering the difficulties that there are getting away from the ground after an evening game I don't blame people wanting to get themselves off home. I don't leave early personally, I'm in no rush and will happily let the crowds die down before making my move but I don't have any form of resentment for those who do need/want to get away a bit earlier to beat the rush. It's such a non-issue I can't believe so many people get so worked up about it.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

80 Mins? 80 seconds surely. ???
Clearly you are not married.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
To ninja elephant the funny thing is the people who are defending themselves about leaving early & others are getting more worked up over this than the people moaning about them leaving early

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings

You need to get help,you have to stop worrying about what other people do. I leave my wife at home to go for the football. So i am actually in a hurry to get home,which means instead of queuing for the later train, I am on the first one and while you are queuing for the train I am at home with my trousers down. So at least I score on match days even if Brighton do not.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd never leave before the final whistle unless it's a dire emergency but if others want to, so what? I just have a bit of a laugh when there's a late goal and enjoy the smug sense of satisfaction :thumbsup:

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
To ninja elephant the funny thing is the people who are defending themselves about leaving early & others are getting more worked up over this than the people moaning about them leaving early

The really funny thing is how you don't seem to be posting that in an ironic way.
How many "I leave early because .......", threads are started by early leavers, and not by the worked up "righteous gangsters"

JCL

Better, Stronger, Faster
Jul 2, 2011
East of Eastbourne
Judging by the quality of your previous posts, she'll only start to enjoy herself in the 81st minute...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here