Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Grow up mate - you asked two questions and I bothered to answer. You didn't like the replies - well next time don't ask the fecking questions.

I don't give a flying f**k what you spend getting to the games or your lifestyle - I cannot comprehend someone leaving early just to get home a bit earlier which is what you told us you did. If you had to leave early to ensure you got to work on time that evening then that is different.

PS. - Do you leave away games early ? if not why not ?

I didn't for one minute expect you to give a "flying f**k about what I spend getting to games" as you so eloquently put it.

If you read my post properly you'd realise it was simply mentioned to contradict your complete ignorance of stating I and others don't care.

I find it baffling that this matter clearly irritates you so much. Just out of interest where do you have to travel to and from?

It seems a large proportion of people voicing there displeasure on this subject are those that are generally home by 10:30pm. Not exactly the best placed people to pass comment IMO.

All those people that left early on Tuesday night are pumping money into the club and if they wish to leave 2-3 minutes then so be it. They've paid for there ticket and can do as they please in my eyes without having to justify themselves to the likes of you.

In response to your question. I don't leave early for away games neither do I leave early for Saturday afternoon home games.

I hope you will find this more acceptable as your approval means the world to me

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No problems - anything else you want answering ?

Yes please.

Why do you leave a space before a question mark?

Why are you obsessed with Crystal Palace attendance figures?

What do you think the end of season totals (including the difference between us and them) will be?

Yes please.

Why do you leave a space before a question mark? Good manners

Why are you obsessed with Crystal Palace attendance figures? It's fun to see them suffer, and its important

What do you think the end of season totals (including the difference between us and them) will be? 552,000 to 350,000 (work the difference out yourself smartarse)

:thumbsup:

I didn't for one minute expect you to give a "flying f**k about what I spend getting to games" as you so eloquently put it.

If you read my post properly you'd realise it was simply mentioned to contradict your complete ignorance of stating I and others don't care.

I find it baffling that this matter clearly irritates you so much. Just out of interest where do you have to travel to and from?

It seems a large proportion of people voicing there displeasure on this subject are those that are generally home by 10:30pm. Not exactly the best placed people to pass comment IMO.

All those people that left early on Tuesday night are pumping money into the club and if they wish to leave 2-3 minutes then so be it. They've paid for there ticket and can do as they please in my eyes without having to justify themselves to the likes of you.

In response to your question. I don't leave early for away games neither do I leave early for Saturday afternoon home games.

I hope you will find this more acceptable as your approval means the world to me

Why do you think the matter irritates me so much ? You posed the questions and I answered it from my point of view - you didn't like my view - get over it. It's quite surreal that someone who doesn't stay to the end is trying to take the moral high ground over someone who does.

I stated that I cannot understand the mentality of those who leave matches early - I still can't (plus the feckers block the view of others) I didn't say they were bad fans or I wanted them killed. It seems that the general answer is that you want to get home early.

You cannot dispute the logic that by leaving before the match finishes means you don't care about seeing the final minutes - if you did then you would stay. Getting home earlier means more to you than staying to the end - your choice but don't expect people to pat you on the back for it.

Does someone who travels all the way to Hull for a midweek game care more than someone who listens on the radio ? Both care but the guy who travels to Hull obviously cares a bit more - hence my use of the word yesish.

I live in Hove and usually get home at about 11.30 pm - suggest you move back into the area and you might take a calmer view on things and catch those injury time winners you miss. IMO. :thumbsup:

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
OK lets apply some logic shall we.

Think about it... People have to leave early BECAUSE people leave early.. it's a law of diminishing returns.. the more people that leave early.. the earlier people have to leave to beat the rush. If it carries on then people will be having to leave 10mins.. then 15mins, then 20 mins before the end, as they all try to beat each other to the front of the queue. Its bloody ridiculous.. By the end of the season people will have to leave the stadium before they arrive. :p

If everyone stayed in their seats till the end, then those who need to get away first can rush out and still get away first.. but if some people have already jumped the gun and gone, then the whole ridiculous race continues.

I dont like it.. its disrespectful to leave early IMO. We should be there to clap them off at the end..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not surprised that people left early on Tuesday by some of the tweets before the game mentioning heavy traffic congestion on the A27 in both directions , trains being rammed full and lots of buses not turning up. Fans make their own decision on whether or not to leave early and avoid an extra hour of travelling time.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The best thing is to let people live their own lifes and stop trying to run it for them. Some of you are like parents telling the children off for daring to leave early. Why don't you ask the club for a naughty step. do we have to start bringing in notes from our parents asking for premission to leave early?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The guy asked a couple of questions and I answered him with my opinions. If you don't like the answers don't ask the questions.

By the way starting a post calling someone immature and ending it by calling them a knob is somewhat self defeating.

20 years of leaving games early? - you must have missed countless goals and about a season of footie - hardly caring is it ? still your in bed in time to get up tomorrow and thats what matters to you. IMO :thumbsup:

You have just confirmed it, your a knob of the highest order. IMO

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The best thing is to let people live their own lifes and stop trying to run it for them. Some of you are like parents telling the children off for daring to leave early. Why don't you ask the club for a naughty step. do we have to start bringing in notes from our parents asking for premission to leave early?

There are some, perhaps who have not expierenced much in their life or just haven't devloped emotional intelligence, who are too narrow minded to understand and accept perspectives other than their own. This is obvious in racists, sexist etc and here about leaving the game early. Life just isn't as simple as some would like.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
OK lets apply some logic shall we.

Think about it... People have to leave early BECAUSE people leave early.. it's a law of diminishing returns.. the more people that leave early.. the earlier people have to leave to beat the rush. If it carries on then people will be having to leave 10mins.. then 15mins, then 20 mins before the end, as they all try to beat each other to the front of the queue. Its bloody ridiculous.. By the end of the season people will have to leave the stadium before they arrive. :p

If everyone stayed in their seats till the end, then those who need to get away first can rush out and still get away first.. but if some people have already jumped the gun and gone, then the whole ridiculous race continues.

I dont like it.. its disrespectful to leave early IMO. We should be there to clap them off at the end..

this just gave me a vision of someone arriving at the amex on a p + r bus, then staying on said bus to get back to the car before the rush :lolol:

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
There are some, perhaps who have not expierenced much in their life or just haven't devloped emotional intelligence, who are too narrow minded to understand and accept perspectives other than their own. This is obvious in racists, sexist etc and here about leaving the game early. Life just isn't as simple as some would like.
:clap:I can't take much more of this my ribs are hurting so much :O

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Not surprised that people left early on Tuesday by some of the tweets before the game mentioning heavy traffic congestion on the A27 in both directions , trains being rammed full and lots of buses not turning up. Fans make their own decision on whether or not to leave early and avoid an extra hour of travelling time.

I can understand people leaving early when there are transport problems but it happens every game regardless. It does look poor when people are streaming out with 10 minutes left.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Wouldn't work in an all seater stadium.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
I complete agree with you.

I got the ground at 6.15 - had 3 pints and a very nice burger, left my seat at the final whistle, had two further pints , walked straight on to the park and ride bus at 10.30
Is anyone remotely interested?

Let people do what they want they bought a ticket they can leave when they want.

You really shouldn't be driving after 5 pints.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Our players, ever appreciative of walking off in front of half empty stands after giving their all for 90 minutes take in the view of The East Stand:

Ghost+ship.jpg

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It has. Many a time, there's been an exciting last 5 minutes of football ruined by having to keep getting up to let people out.

You live in Cyprus and admitted somewhere previously on another post you have only been to the Amex once and so how would you know ?

It really just can't take other peoples word for it over a forum mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here