Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand renamed The Marie Celeste

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I do have sympathy with those that need to leave early, but they should face the fact that it will make a difference to the team. I think we all need to hassle to get the transport sorted out. If these people could get away quicker then I expect they'd stay longer, and we'd have fully supported players till the final whistle.. Look at how many games utd win in the last few minutes.. the last few minutes are crucial.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do have sympathy with those that need to leave early, but they should face the fact that it will make a difference to the team. I think we all need to hassle to get the transport sorted out. If these people could get away quicker then I expect they'd stay longer, and we'd have fully supported players till the final whistle.. Look at how many games utd win in the last few minutes.. the last few minutes are crucial.

Hmm, I seem to remember people leaving early last season, when WE were scoring, and winning games, in the last few minutes.

Furthermore, I'm not convinced of what effect it has on the team. Especially when, as some on here are suggesting, there was no atmosphere or noise on Tuesday night. They wouldn't notice the difference...

I take your point about transport, and yes, personally it would make it easier for me if I could walk out at the end and jump on a bus, not wait around in a queue, but such is life.

Can't we just be thankful that we get a near capacity crowd for games, when many other teams are playing in front of half full stadiums the whole match?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Each to their own but I cannot understand the mentality of leaving early - so you shaved off about 40 minutes of your return journey but ran the risk of missing a winning goal.

Does this make you a bad fan ? No
Does this mean you don't care ? Yesish. You'd rather save yourself 40 minutes than care about the outcome.

IMO :thumbsup:

Arguably the most moronic reply to a post I've ever had on here to be honest.

In response to my question "Does this mean I don't care" you replied: yesish.

Not withstanding your appalling use of the English language that view is incorrect in every respect.

Firstly you don't even know me so claiming I don't care does nothing but make you look like a bit of narrow minded tit to be honest.

Secondly due to my location, on average I spend 100GBP per home game and also regularly travel away which incurs similar costs. This I might add isn't factoring in the cost of my season ticket. Another obstacle I have to overcome is attending all these games despite being a shift worker. I use approximately 15 days holiday a year supporting the Albion.

There are thousands of other supporters who go to the same lengths to support the Albion.

With this in mind even your clearly inferior brain capacity can comprehend why I and others get pissed off with the constant ridicule and moaning for leaving three minutes early of a night game.

If it was a play-off semi final I would probably take your point on board but
1-1 at home to Ipswich Town in early October. Let's put it into a bit of context shall we

Arguably the most moronic reply to a post I've ever had on here to be honest.

In response to my question "Does this mean I don't care" you replied: yesish.

Not withstanding your appalling use of the English language that view is incorrect in every respect.

Firstly you don't even know me so claiming I don't care does nothing but make you look like a bit of narrow minded tit to be honest.

Secondly due to my location, on average I spend 100GBP per home game and also regularly travel away which incurs similar costs. This I might add isn't factoring in the cost of my season ticket. Another obstacle I have to overcome is attending all these games despite being a shift worker. I use approximately 15 days holiday a year supporting the Albion.

There are thousands of other supporters who go to the same lengths to support the Albion.

With this in mind even your clearly inferior brain capacity can comprehend why I and others get pissed off with the constant ridicule and moaning for leaving three minutes early of a night game.

If it was a play-off semi final I would probably take your point on board but
1-1 at home to Ipswich Town in early October. Let's put it into a bit of context shall we

Grow up mate - you asked two questions and I bothered to answer. You didn't like the replies - well next time don't ask the fecking questions.

I don't give a flying f**k what you spend getting to the games or your lifestyle - I cannot comprehend someone leaving early just to get home a bit earlier which is what you told us you did. If you had to leave early to ensure you got to work on time that evening then that is different.

PS. - Do you leave away games early ? if not why not ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What avatar is required for our early leavers ?

Oh dear... :ffsparr:

There's been a fair few examples in this thread that may help you...

What about the people that pop out to the concourse during the game? Are they OK because they've stayed until they stay until the end, even though they could have missed a goal? Last season some guys near us would often pop out and miss goals - we ended up encouraging them to go and buy food in the end.

FWIW I can't get into your obsession with attendances, but like you say, each to their own :cheers:

Well? Your thoughts, oh committed and dedicated one? ???

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Im in the Family stand and it is a bit of let down to see the seats emptying before the end, my two and I walk to the front and clap the players off the pitch,some people might have miles to get home like @Piody but he is one person it doesnt explain the few hundred others!! IMHO I dont get leaving early at all, I would prefer to show my appreciation to the players and get home a bit later.

I wouldnt watch 90% of a play or film in the cinema and miss the ending to get home earlier

Im in the Family stand and it is a bit of let down to see the seats emptying before the end, my two and I walk to the front and clap the players off the pitch,some people might have miles to get home like @Piody but he is one person it doesnt explain the few hundred others!! IMHO I dont get leaving early at all, I would prefer to show my appreciation to the players and get home a bit later.

I wouldnt watch 90% of a play or film in the cinema and miss the ending to get home earlier

Watch out SA - don't you dare criticise the early leavers - it's not their fault you know !

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
@themayor Like I said I can understand to a point with some (however I never left early all the time we were playing at Gillingham) people that HAVE to leave early if they live along way away im not local but not miles away Im in Horley and like I said I dont , but one or two living miles and miles away still doesnt account for the hundreds of others, Im with you on this one Mayor.

Remember queueing up is a British past time try and enjoy it and stay to the end

@themayor Like I said I can understand to a point with some (however I never left early all the time we were playing at Gillingham) people that HAVE to leave early if they live along way away im not local but not miles away Im in Horley and like I said I dont , but one or two living miles and miles away still doesnt account for the hundreds of others, Im with you on this one Mayor.

Remember queueing up is a British past time try and enjoy it and stay to the end

The problem is that you have a lot of people on here trying to justify leaving early. People leave early because they choose to - the guy that is getting irate leaves early to shave 40 minutes off his journey home. I should imagine that 99% of the early leavers do that for the very same reason - they are not rushing home to get to a job , they just can't be bothered with a bit of a wait/queue.

When someone poses the question - because I leave early does it mean I don't care ? then the obvious answer is - you care more than someone who doesn't turn up but you care less than someone who bothers to stay until final whistle. Which in answer to the question is a sort of yesish. IMO :thumbsup:

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I once left the Goldstone 5 minutes early after a dull game with Wigan. The score was 0-0 and neither club looked likely to score if the match went on for another 2 hours. However, by the time I got to the car and switched on the radio, the match had just finished with Albion winning 2-0. I never left early again!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What avatar is required for our early leavers ?

There's been a fair few examples in this thread that may help you...

What about the people that pop out to the concourse during the game? Are they OK because they've stayed until they stay until the end, even though they could have missed a goal? Last season some guys near us would often pop out and miss goals - we ended up encouraging them to go and buy food in the end.

FWIW I can't get into your obsession with attendances, but like you say, each to their own :cheers:

The problem is that you have a lot of people on here trying to justify leaving early. People leave early because they choose to - the guy that is getting irate leaves early to shave 40 minutes off his journey home. I should imagine that 99% of the early leavers do that for the very same reason - they are not rushing home to get to a job , they just can't be bothered with a bit of a wait/queue.

When someone poses the question - because I leave early does it mean I don't care ? then the obvious answer is - you care more than someone who doesn't turn up but you care less than someone who bothers to stay until final whistle. Which in answer to the question is a sort of yesish. IMO :thumbsup:

As opposed to when I ask you a question (or two), you don't say anything... :rolleyes:

As opposed to when I ask you a question (or two), you don't say anything... :rolleyes:

Sorry I missed your question as it was hidden in a load of poorly worded gobbledygook.

Should people pop out to the concourse for a drink/slash and miss part of the game ? No of course they shouldn't - that's what half time is for. IMO :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Midweeks are a bit of a mission travelwise, so I can fully understand people leaving a few minutes early on a school night to catch the first wave of trains / buses out of Dodge.

But I can't help rolling my eyes at the people who cop-off before the game ends on a Saturday. Maybe a small proportion of them have some kind of work commitment they have to get to, but if you've got nothing urgently pressing to do with your Saturday evening, as would be the case with the vast majority, then why the FRIG are you pissing your kecks to get out of the ground to get the first bus or train back ? It must save you all of about 20-30 minutes tops, and I'm A Celeb doesn't even kick off till next month anyway.

Odd.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry I missed your question as it was hidden in a load of poorly worded gobbledygook.

Should people pop out to the concourse for a drink/slash and miss part of the game ? No of course they shouldn't - that's what half time is for. IMO :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here