Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

Right.
Okay then, tell me about this player - where did you see him play?
What screamed "quality" about him?

I want to know what he did, who were the opposition?
Was it in the league, in the first team?
What are his strengths?

No research required here mate - just get to telling me ALL about what you base your assertions and phrase "players of this quality".

i) He has played for Uruguay. How many players have we had in recent times who have played for a team in the top 25 of the FIFA rankings?

ii) Stoke paid £2.8m for him LESS THAN TWELVE MONTHS AGO. Pulis, who looks like a good judge of a player, paid a large sum of money for him, recently.

THAT screams quality.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Right.

What are his strengths?

No research required here mate - just get to telling me ALL about what you base your assertions and phrase "players of this quality".

He has played international football for Uruguay (ranked 21 in the world) who are in the World Cup this summer, probably some indication that he is a good player. Some people on here just want to be miserable.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Right.

What are his strengths?

You really are a miserable excuse.

The lad is a current FULL International, for a team that are no mugs. He was deemed worthy of £2.5 MILLION pounds transfer value, on the say so, presumably, of people with some degree of knowledge of the game. Stoke don't have that sort of money to throw away.

Our manager, whose signings thus far have proven very succesful. Why should this one, with better pedigree than the the others, not be so?

You are just down on things for the sake of being contrary. I guess you think it makes you look clever, rather than a negative dullard with an empty life. At least WW has the excuse of youth - you don't even have that.

As a final point, is it really a good idea to constantly be critical of your employers on a public forum?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Right.

What are his strengths?

I guess the man who could answer all of these questions best is Gus Poyet.

He'd have assessed all that before he decided to bring him in.

The players he's brought in thus far seem to have helped turn around our fortunes, so I trust in his judgment that this kid can play.

You really are a miserable excuse.

The lad is a current FULL International, for a team that are no mugs. He was deemed worthy of £2.5 MILLION pounds transfer value, on the say so, presumably, of people with some degree of knowledge of the game. Stoke don't have that sort of money to throw away.

Our manager, whose signings thus far have proven very succesful. Why should this one, with better pedigree than the the others, not be so?

You are just down on things for the sake of being contrary. I guess you think it makes you look clever, rather than a negative dullard with an empty life. At least WW has the excuse of youth - you don't even have that.

As a final point, is it really a good idea to constantly be critical of your employers on a public forum?

That's a real reach, to suggest I'm "critical of my employers"!

Yours is a fine example of histrionic bullshit.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Fun innit.

Shame your Xbox360 adventure didn't work out for you otherwise we'd be best friends right now and looking forwards to our two weeks together in the Maldives in May, where a misconstrued gesture of affection would lead to frosty relations in the airport on the way home.

Sorry, I think reading too many Meade's Ball posts can affect you.

Fear not good man for I Have A Dream that some day little Xbox 3 children will be able to join hands with little PS3 chiildren as brothers and sisters and they will not be judged by the colour of their console but by the content of their online gamer trophy collection

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
never mind that - tell us all about this player, get on with it!

Not sure what you're getting at there. I know nothing more than I've read today about this player and have not claimed otherwise. Perhaps you need to calm down and look up the definition of histrionics yourself.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Totally agree. As much as im happy that we signed him, Working out who to drop will be difficult for poyet. (unless as others say , Kazenga is on his way out :cry: )

Why is everyone saying that Lua Lua is on his way out... ? This guy is a central midfielder, and by all accounts a defensive one ,at that.
Forgive me for maybe seeming a little ignorant here ?.. isnt Lua Lua a f***ing quick attacking winger who everyone here says is the quickest thing since,..the quickest thing that ever put on an Albion shirt ?
Why would you replace him with a DEFENSIVE midfielder ....even if he's worth £3 mill?
2 and 2 do make 5 here !!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

maybe i have a bad memory, but i dont remember him EVER being critical of the club to such a degree when dick knight was in charge?

I think Scotty Mac has raised interesting and valid points and those that in a semi blinkered fashion think it can only be good are the ones not in the real world.

Hopefully we all want the bloke to be a good addition to the team but it's not that simple. He won't be match fit, doesn't know anything about this league and his arrival may upset one or two players who will be as surprised as we are, particualrly at the timing.

Results and performances have obviously improved and there is the old adage if it ani't broke - don't fix it. I know we are not world beaters but the midfield did seem one area that looked more than solid as a unit. Break up the unit and the effects could easily be negative as positive.

Let's all hope GP knows what he's doing, can sell it to the players and keep getting good results. However SM (and anyone else raising valid issues) doesn't have to be treated quite the way they are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here