Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I must have forgot to go along with saying how wonderfully flair and brilliant this signing is, because of the price tag and nationality - despite never having seen him play.
I should join with those people, because they are GENIUSES of the board.

:rolleyes:

Its 'Genii'

Carry on.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
is he likely to be in their WC squad?

if he is playing in a (currently) struggling league one side, id imagine it to be pretty unlikely UNLESS he does superbly well here, stoke invoke their recall clause after 28 days and he goes back to them and gets a run of games in the premiership

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Noise pollution!!

Peace has returned to Stoke!!

Attachments

• noise.jpg
    noise.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 344

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Navarro should be dropped, however I think Dicker will be despite his wonder goal although I think Dicker is one of if not the best player in this team imho. I don't really see what Navarro or Crofts contribute although Crofts does get on the score sheet at vital times.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Some people should have MORE FAITH.

Before Lua Lua had even kicked a ball for us the following was posted on his welcome thread:

kazenga.jpg

Now BLOW ME if it didn't turn out to be ENTIRELY accurate. ERGO if people say a player is good then he IS good, even if they've never seen him play and know nothing about him.

I confidently predict that Arismendi will be a veritable midfield SUPERHERO for our club. In fact I will stake my reputation on it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Peace has returned to Stoke!!

that should give cox a drinking partner for the broadway then now that dickinson is tearing it up in p-boro :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
if he is playing in a (currently) struggling league one side, id imagine it to be pretty unlikely UNLESS he does superbly well here, stoke invoke their recall clause after 28 days and he goes back to them and gets a run of games in the premiership

AGree its fairly unlikely, BUT, its also possible that this is the very reason he's come here. Remember that the current Uruguay boss is a big Gus fan [and was the one pushing for him to be offered the U-20 job]. Possibly they have engineered this, to get the player under the Gus's tutelage for a while to assess his current form, etc.

Only saying, maybe, and that. Don't want to be accused of HISTRIONICS...

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
I think that's fair enough, but apparently I need to go lick windows with hans kray and the likes, before my opinion is acceptable.

I see you looked up and managed to understand your word of the day at last.

Seriously mate, you really need to calm down and get some perspective or else someone'll be calling for nursey.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having SEEN THEM PLAY you mean?

And another thing - I'm not complaining about a signing - I'm just not getting excited about one until I know what it plays like, to decide if it is in actuality a "flair/quality/exciting/etc" signing..

This STOKE fan, has seen him play;

"I'd just like to say congratulations on your coup in signing Diego Arismendi! I can guarantee he will be the best player in League 1 by a mile! Personally I'm frustrated as to why this guy isn't starting regularly for our first team right now let alone going on loan! He is one of the most promising young midfielders in the prem and already a Uruguayan international. I for one am rather surprised to see him go on loan to a league 1 side but more power to you! You have yourselves a top top quality player!"

Look. HAVE WE SIGNED HIM OR NOT!

All I am reading is Gus is MAKING a sensational move to sign Stoke's £3m midfielder and compatriot Diego Arismendi on loan until the end of the season.

Oh I see we have

Albion have signed £2.5m Stoke midfielder Diego Arismendi on loan until the end of the season.

Arismendi comes from Uruguay, just like Seagulls boss Gus Poyet.

Stoke paid £2.5m to sign the 22-year-old from Uruguay club Nacional in 2009. He has made two League Cup appearances for Stoke but has yet to play in the Premier League.

He also has two international caps.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
*SPLURRRRRRRRT*

It's written, he will arise and bring forth glory, I give you Gus Poyet!!!!!

:bowdown:

This STOKE fan, has seen him play;

"I'd just like to say congratulations on your coup in signing Diego Arismendi! I can guarantee he will be the best player in League 1 by a mile! Personally I'm frustrated as to why this guy isn't starting regularly for our first team right now let alone going on loan! He is one of the most promising young midfielders in the prem and already a Uruguayan international. I for one am rather surprised to see him go on loan to a league 1 side but more power to you! You have yourselves a top top quality player!"

Well that's good to hear. Obviously we have to put our faith in that which you have researched to come up with.

I heard similar about the Scottish keeper was good too, but perhaps we didn't see the best of him?

Like I said - I'd rather wait to see this fellow play before I cream myself over him like you lot.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I'm with NMH on this. I hope he'll be a great player but not getting overly excited until I've seen him play. I don't want us to get too reliant on him either as I guess there is next to no chance of it becoming permanent. If it was a permanent signing then I would be delighted, but it's not so are depandant on him settling and being great instantly which is unlikely IMO.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
On paper he could be an excellent loan signing, yet the fact that he is not getting into Stokes first team suggests he is not showing the form expected,some South Americans do not flourish in this country.

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
I'm calm - it's you little monkeys all cacking over what I've said.
Come on Hiney, ban me for not sharing the same opinions with the gibbering masses, again.

Have you found evidence of my 'backpedalling' yet?

The internet is full of dullards like you who argue black is white and claim intelectual superiority over 'the gibbering masses' when in fact you're just prize tools.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here