Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems like a top signing to me. A sign of things to come I think. Expect even bigger and better next season.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
excellent move by Gus. its not just about a class player ( hopefully) its about strengthening the squad - we have been lucky with injuries lately. We need to get to safety as soon as possible and be able to experiment at end of season not get involved in a relegation dogfight . And yes i am excited about seeing a South American international in a brighton shirt!

MozzaaSCFC

The Stokie
Mar 2, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
Good to hear, but having seen his interview, he can barely communicate, and obviously has a long way to go until he can be considered fluent

A mate of mine spoke to him up the City Centre and he could hardly speak just said Hello and then just kept shaking his head or shrugging to my mate's other questions that was just a couple of months back.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Good to hear, but having seen his interview, he can barely communicate, and obviously has a long way to go until he can be considered fluent

That's a pretty harsh assessment, if he could "barely communicate" do you really think they would've put the interview on the web. His english is obviously patchy but I could understand what he was saying perfectly well.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
A mate of mine spoke to him up the City Centre and he could hardly speak just said Hello and then just kept shaking his head or shrugging to my mate's other questions that was just a couple of months back.

We'll he has definately made an effort, seems to understand well enough and can get his point across, but stumbles over the words. As i say though from what i got he seems to have a very good attitude.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's a pretty harsh assessment, if he could "barely communicate" do you really think they would've put the interview on the web. His english is obviously patchy but I could understand what he was saying perfectly well.

Well as I say, he gets the point across but thats more to do with expression than use of language, so yes he can communicate a point but not really via words, just how he says them.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Im just worried that it will be a negative effect on the midfield. We have been playing so well and look solid. Unless Gus is hoping he will be able to show the lads something or two in the flair dept.

We are staying up and that is all I care about!

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
who really gives a monkeys toss if he can speak english well or not, as long as his feet speak football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gus, Tanno, Caulderon, and I think El Abd, all speak Spanish so he can learn from them as well as his footballing skills. The Albion is the ideal place for him to acclimatise to English football. I'm sure this was in Pulis mind when he let Arismendi go out on loan.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
0,,10433~8649020,00.jpg

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Having read all the way through this post, have to add the following.

-this guy is a FULL international for a better than average international side, my thoughts are that he will be awesome in league one.

-He will start against col u

The end

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Im just worried that it will be a negative effect on the midfield. We have been playing so well and look solid. Unless Gus is hoping he will be able to show the lads something or two in the flair dept.

We are staying up and that is all I care about!

What d'you know :thumbsup:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
totally feel for him.

im in spain and stuggle with the lingo but am spending an hour a day on it.

for some, a new language is tough.....and im included. until u can think in another language ur f00ked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here