Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diego Arismendi on loan

Public Pervert

Rakehell
Feb 19, 2010
Ah, nice bit of back-peddling there, good work.

Please provide the quote where I have said anything which suggests I'm now back pedalling.

Until you can (and you won't be able to of course) please shut up.

Thank you.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I think Scotty Mac has raised interesting and valid points and those that in a semi blinkered fashion think it can only be good are the ones not in the real world.

Hopefully we all want the bloke to be a good addition to the team but it's not that simple. He won't be match fit, doesn't know anything about this league and his arrival may upset one or two players who will be as surprised as we are, particualrly at the timing.

Results and performances have obviously improved and there is the old adage if it ani't broke - don't fix it. I know we are not world beaters but the midfield did seem one area that looked more than solid as a unit. Break up the unit and the effects could easily be negative as positive.

Let's all hope GP knows what he's doing, can sell it to the players and keep getting good results. However SM (and anyone else raising valid issues) doesn't have to be treated quite the way they are.

I think we all know ....Gus knows what he is doing . Why do people here keep questioning him ? He has his ideas..he knows what he wants. Things are changing at this club..The results are changing.. Lets all let it just happen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fear not good man for I Have A Dream that some day little Xbox 3 children will be able to join hands with little PS3 chiildren as brothers and sisters and they will not be judged by the colour of their console but by the content of their online gamer trophy collection

Yeah well...err...however many trophies you've got...I've got TWO more....so there?

Yes, as your mum must have realised

Disappointing comeback, I'd say 5/10. Your mum jokes are very 2000s. :laugh:

Be fair, you did set yourself up for that one.

People are excited, this is probably THE most flair signing in the past 15 years, I think therefore it's justified. So what if people get a bit overexcited? If we can't get overexcited about signing a South American international, when can we?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think for most that are positive about this loan signing, it really comes down to this:

"I trust Gus Poyet."

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Because like every other club, our fanbase includes some utter mongs.

Disappointing comeback, I'd say 5/10. Your mum jokes are very 2000s. :laugh:

Be fair, you did set yourself up for that one.

People are excited, this is probably THE most flair signing in the past 15 years, I think therefore it's justified. So what if people get a bit overexcited? If we can't get overexcited about signing a South American international, when can we?

Erm... whatever. Set myself up? Well, I still don't 'get' that response. British humour must still be in the doldrums if your retort was funny.

About the second part - yes yes, I am also hopeful - but is it a "flair signing" when TO BE FAIR all you know about this player is 'on paper', and sight unseen.
People are creaming on this thread, like is typical of NSC, when nothing has been seen of this guy. Like I said, and will state again - I hope he's not (LIKE SO MANY TIMES BEFORE WITH 'NAME' SIGNINGS) played regardless of the success or failure of his work in the squad - as we saw with Mullery/Maybank and Adams/Savage and etc.
If he proves to be a good signing, then will be a great time to extol his virtues.
Otherwise, it's someone most of you have never heard of, never seen play, and so there's no authority behind any of this "flair signing" stuff.

Again - I'm not saying he is NOT flair or a great player. Got it yet?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I don't see how this is such an unusual move, he's probably desperate to get some competitive games in before the world cup so that he stands a chance of getting on the pitch.

About the second part - yes yes, I am also hopeful - but is it a "flair signing" when TO BE FAIR all you know about this player is 'on paper', and sight unseen.
People are creaming on this thread, like is typical of NSC, when nothing has been seen of this guy. Like I said, and will state again - I hope he's not (LIKE SO MANY TIMES BEFORE WITH 'NAME' SIGNINGS) played regardless of the success or failure of his work in the squad - as we saw with Mullery/Maybank and Adams/Savage and etc.
If he proves to be a good signing, then will be a great time to extol his virtues.
Otherwise, it's someone most of you have never heard of, never seen play, and so there's no authority behind any of this "flair signing" stuff.

Again - I'm not saying he is NOT flair or a great player. Got it yet?

(Almost) genuine question. If we signed Lionel Messi (or C Ronaldo, or anyone else you care to mention), would you get excited, or would you complain that we don't know how he's going to perform and he might be an abject failure?

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Because like every other club, our fanbase includes some utter mongs.

Amazing isnt it ? Two months ago people would have been just jizzing in their pants over signing someone like this .
Now, after a couple of results..Gus's decisions are being questioned .
If HE thinks that the players HE wants to bring in to this club are going to get us to a higher and better level, then that is HIS decision.
Why are WE asking why he is wanting to bring this new guy into the club.?
Think we may be happy with Painter,Lua Lua and Calderon?
Its working .. In Gus we trust !

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Amazing isnt it ? Two months ago people would have been just jizzing in their pants over signing someone like this .
Now, after a couple of results..Gus's decisions are being questioned .
If HE thinks that the players HE wants to bring in to this club are going to get us to a higher and better level, then that is HIS decision.
Why are WE asking why he is wanting to bring this new guy into the club.?
Think we may be happy with Painter,Lua Lua and Calderon?
Its working .. In Gus we trust !

And Hans Kraay Club.....this isnt at you at all !!!

I must have forgot to go along with saying how wonderfully flair and brilliant this signing is, because of the price tag and nationality - despite never having seen him play.
I should join with those people, because they are GENIUSES of the board.

Now I look forward to Hiney banning me for not agreeing with the mass geniuses of NSC, because OBVIOUSLY I'm a troublemaker (and therefore critical of my employers etc).

:rolleyes:

(Almost) genuine question. If we signed Lionel Messi (or C Ronaldo, or anyone else you care to mention), would you get excited, or would you complain that we don't know how he's going to perform and he might be an abject failure?

Having SEEN THEM PLAY you mean?

I mean really sten super - HAVE you seen Diego Arismendi, would you have recognized him in Churchill Square, let alone playing football??
He's a Stoke reserve, remember - not Kaka, Zidane, Messi or Ronaldo!! :laugh:

And another thing - I'm not complaining about a signing - I'm just not getting excited about one until I know what it plays like, to decide if it is in actuality a "flair/quality/exciting/etc" signing.
I think that's fair enough, but apparently I need to go lick windows with hans kray and the likes, before my opinion is acceptable.

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I must have forgot to go along with saying how wonderfully flair and brilliant this signing is, because of the price tag and nationality - despite never having seen him play.
I should join with those people, because they are GENIUSES of the board.

Now I look forward to Hiney banning me for not agreeing with the mass geniuses of NSC, because OBVIOUSLY I'm a troublemaker (and therefore critical of my employers etc).

:rolleyes:

you SHOULD be banned for being a miserable ****, cant you just accept we've signed POTENTIALLY a bloody quality player and that this team is moving FORWARD (at last!)...just BE HAPPY and embrace it instead of going out of your own way & time to argue POINTLESSLY with everyone...yes CAPITALS are used to get the message across!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here