Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Dick and the board have saved a club in debt without a ground, tried to attract good managers Brady et al and we have never gone into administration.

This shows great intent, if you like me were at the Falmer forum, the applause that Dick recieved was a real show of the wonderful job he has done.

Once Falmer is being built some Dubai/Finnish/American consortuim will take over buy a bunch of mercinary players with no conection to our club and the DK haters will be happy. Until then well done Dick for keeping my club alive and managing it well.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I worry about headling threads like this Dick Knight would be fully justified in telling us all to f*** off and where would we be then. Disgraceful behaviour.

Spot on US. I really would advise the mods to think about allowing these thread titles. There's going to be alot of humble pie eaten by a fair few people over the coming weeks. People need to wind their ill-informed necks in and shut the f*** up until they know the all the facts.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Spot on US. I really would advise the mods to think about allowing these thread titles. There's going to be alot of humble pie eaten by a fair few people over the coming weeks. People need to wind their ill-informed necks in and shut the f*** up until they know the all the facts.

I concur with Tip Top's comment above - please try to keep civil about this - calling people c**ts and similar is not acceptable.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sometimes you have to make tough, very tough decisions in business.

I believe this was one of those.

The club needs to be in the Championship by 2010 when we run out at Falmer. In order to get the investment for the stadium we need to demonstrate that ambition. This is probably the best way to achieve that.

Very tough on Dean ... but these kind of things happen ...

If they felt that we would not go up with Dean Wilkins as manager (and I would agree with them up to a point) it is down to the board to make the brave decision and put someone else in charge.

It's also about keeping us in The Championship IF we were to get promoted-remember, that would be the 1st season at Falmer. Not a very good start to a new stadium if we had just been relegated. All hypothetical but this must have influenced the board's thinking?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Whether this was Dick Knight's decision or members of the board, the fact is they are not there to make popular decisions or be nice to people. If they felt that we would not go up with Dean Wilkins as manager (and I would agree with them up to a point) it is down to the board to make the brave decision and put someone else in charge. It is actually a very brave decision as if we have a bad start next year the flak will be on the board, not the manager. In the past, they have been criticised for keeping people too long but this time they have acted swiftly.

I am excited about who we will sign this summer now as I cannot see Micky returning unless guaranteed a fair amount of money to spend. If we have a good start suddenly all the people complaining now will be Dean who?
But its the boards fault we didn't go up!!! If it wasn't for the Carry On's in Decemeber and January, when the squad was ripped apart, we'd be in the play offs at least.

The only man to blame for that Was Dick Knight. I'm amazed we finished so high as we did after all that went on in the transfer window

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I worry about headling threads like this Dick Knight would be fully justified in telling us all to f*** off and where would we be then. Disgraceful behaviour.
Don't be such an idiot. Dick Knight is in thsi for the money. He's a business man, who happens to support the Albion. He aint going nowhere until Falmer is built and up and running. The only reason he'll go is if he comes under a LOT of presure from the fans, and I don't mean on these forums.

I stand by what said, he's f***ed Wilkins big time, with timing that stinks of Archer era, and for what. A manager who's track record is patchy at best. Sure he got us out of the bottom division, but did so with a huge budget. Maybe he'll have that here, but I doubt it. I like Mickey Adam a lot, but it's just the way it's been done. I think Dick c'unt Knight will live to regret what he's done. I sincerly hope, for the Albion's sake, he doesn't, but I think this may go tits up.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I concur with Tip Top's comment above - please try to keep civil about this - calling people c**ts and similar is not acceptable.

Fair enough, so maybe the thread title could be moderated then?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Sometimes you have to make tough, very tough decisions in business.

I believe this was one of those.

The club needs to be in the Championship by 2010 when we run out at Falmer. In order to get the investment for the stadium we need to demonstrate that ambition. This is probably the best way to achieve that.

Very tough on Dean ... but these kind of things happen ...
WHAT!! We could have been in the championship next year, if Wilkins didn't have to build a new team thoughout January. Just remember Dick Knight conducted all the transfers in Wilkin's regin. Hopefully this will change under Adams.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I stand by what said, he's f***ed Wilkins big time, with timing that stinks of Archer era, and for what.

YEAH. your RIGHT.

Giving a new manager the WHOLE summer to sort his new team is AWFUL AWFUL TIMING.

blimey...

you would rather wilkins got half way througth the summer, building a team to actually challenge and THEN get sacked?

again....BLIMEY

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
I can't help thinking Dean might be quite happy with this move once he's got over the initial shock. There seems to be a question over his man management skills, and if he isn't great at it then a) he almost certainly knows it; and b) he probably doesn't enjoy that side of the job. Now he can get on with his first love which clearly is coaching. If he doesn't jump ship in the next 36 hours then I'm sure he'll see it that way and go back to coaching with renewed enthusiasm, without the burden of the man management side of it. Bingo, we have a winner!

My sentiments, too!

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
YEAH. your RIGHT.

Giving a new manager the WHOLE summer to sort his new team is AWFUL AWFUL TIMING.

blimey...

you would rather wilkins got half way througth the summer, building a team to actually challenge and THEN get sacked?

again....BLIMEY
:ohmy::thud::thud::thud:

Can anyone really be that thick?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Don't be such an idiot. Dick Knight is in thsi for the money. He's a business man, who happens to support the Albion. He aint going nowhere until Falmer is built and up and running. The only reason he'll go is if he comes under a LOT of presure from the fans, and I don't mean on these forums.

I stand by what said, he's f***ed Wilkins big time, with timing that stinks of Archer era, and for what. A manager who's track record is patchy at best. Sure he got us out of the bottom division, but did so with a huge budget. Maybe he'll have that here, but I doubt it. I like Mickey Adam a lot, but it's just the way it's been done. I think Dick c'unt Knight will live to regret what he's done. I sincerly hope, for the Albion's sake, he doesn't, but I think this may go tits up.

Dick Knight is in this for the money? How much do you think he has made out of the club so far, then?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Don't be such an idiot. Dick Knight is in thsi for the money. He's a business man, who happens to support the Albion.

:D

What money exactly? DK is a successful businessman, if he was in football for the money then I think he had chosen the wrong club wouldn't you?

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
WHAT!! We could have been in the championship next year, if Wilkins didn't have to build a new team thoughout January. Just remember Dick Knight conducted all the transfers in Wilkin's regin. Hopefully this will change under Adams.

His credentials as a coach were not an issue, that's why he's still at the club if he decides to stay. He's hardly been sacked, he's still employed.

What the club needed was a MANAGER who couild take us onwards and upwards and Wilkins was clearly not that person.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. But I wonder whether perhaps an exception should be made in your case.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But its the boards fault we didn't go up!!! If it wasn't for the Carry On's in Decemeber and January, when the squad was ripped apart, we'd be in the play offs at least.

The only man to blame for that Was Dick Knight. I'm amazed we finished so high as we did after all that went on in the transfer window

Where were we in December ? Briefly 7th.
What makes you believe we'd have "finished in the Playoffs at least" ? Yes we were on the fringes of the playoffs at the time, maybe we'd have made it, maybe we wouldn't. The form over the first part of the season had been patchy, we hit a run of results in December that got us into a decent position, but to carry this on to state we'd have "made the playoffs at least" is just a vague assumption, not a guarantee.

And by the way - this thread title is a f***ing disgrace. You should be embarrassed and ashamed at labelling the bloke who brought this club back from oblivion as a "slimey c#unt". Were it not for Dick Knights intervention, you wouldn't even HAVE a club to bitch about.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Where were we in December ? Briefly 7th.
What makes you believe we'd have "finished in the Playoffs at least" ? Yes we were on the fringes of the playoffs at the time, maybe we'd have made it, maybe we wouldn't. The form over the first part of the season had been patchy, we hit a run of results in December that got us into a decent position, but to carry this on to state we'd have "made the playoffs at least" is just a vague assumption, not a guarantee.

And by the way - this thread title is a f***ing disgrace - you should be embarrassed and ashamed at labelling the bloke who brought this club back from oblivion as a "slimey c#unt". Were it not for Dick Knight, you wouldn't even HAVE a club to bitch about.

Completely agree with all of that - especially the last paragraph.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here