Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

well said mr burns - someone else that knows the truth - oh we don't need another keeper michel is fine - i don't rate hammond let him go - that man dick is a c**t - and what is is with some twats on here saying this has been on the cards for months - Dean has been treated like shit and i wouldn't blame him if he told that stupid bastard knight to stick his job right up his arse - we finished 7th not bloody 17th - all he said last season he wanted this season is progress - he got that and more - he would probably have got playoffs if he ever managed to let a mager at this club manage - what does dick knight want - a yes man who does everything he says - he might as well get in the dugout his self with all the decsions he makes at the club!!!

Why don't you just f*** OFF? Your continual bullshit is becoming f***ing TEDIOUS.

You're not an ex-wife of DK's are you? That would make sense. Dried up and embittered.

And seeing as you mentioned it: When are we going to hear 'The Truth' from you? No side-stepping bollocks. Come on-we all want to know. If it's not forthcoming then please just f*** OFF.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I, on the other hand, will support him.

Like it or not, he IS the Albion manager, and I feel it kind of churlish not to support him, really.

Yep as will most but I do feel theres a 70/30 split on here anyway, but I'm sure it will all blow over in a few weeks.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Bollocks. We were going nowhere fast. Now we have a half decent manager.

Simple.

No, actually I disagree there. We improved from 18th in 06/07 to 7th in 07/08. Next year under Wilkins I could definitely see us in the play-offs. He was finding his feet and made a fantastic signing in Forster. If it hadn't been for 2 or 3 dodgy games this season we would already be in the play-offs.

I'll be interested to see Wilkins' reaction to his demotion.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Why don't you just f*** OFF? Your continual bullshit is becoming f***ing TEDIOUS.

You're not an ex-wife of DK's are you? That would make sense. Dried up and embittered.

And seeing as you mentioned it: When are we going to hear 'The Truth' from you? No side-stepping bollocks. Come on-we all want to know. If it's not forthcoming then please just f*** OFF.

Top quality ranting there sir, she does seem to have come from nowhere tonight doesn't she.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
How about trying to support the team? Whatever decisions are made dont dispute them. If there is a better manager out there then employ him simple.

Yeah, like being a patriotic Englishman and supporting Blair over the war.

Nobody is bigger than the club, least of all a chairman who promised total transparency and had become the popular man he was by appearing to actually HAVE morals.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
i dont see the problem, why is everyone feeling so upset for wilkins, he is still employed, has high stauts within the team. Doesnt mean he cant ever be manager again.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I, on the other hand, will support him.

Like it or not, he IS the Albion manager, and I feel it kind of churlish not to support him, really.
Who said I won't support Mickey Adams.

But the fact is, every managers job he's had since he left here he got the sack from. I think most he had before he came he, he got the sack from!

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Yeah, like being a patriotic Englishman and supporting Blair over the war.

Nobody is bigger than the club, least of all a chairman who promised total transparency and had become the popular man he was by appearing to actually HAVE morals.

What so demoting Wilkins to head coach, and employing a well known and respected manager is regarded as having no morals? Don't be ridiculous, you dont know the circumstances on which Wilkins was told this, he may have known for a while, and i dont think its quite on par with going to WAR. This isnt a negative move for the club.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No, actually I disagree there. We improved from 18th in 06/07 to 7th in 07/08. Next year under Wilkins I could definitely see us in the play-offs. He was finding his feet and made a fantastic signing in Forster. If it hadn't been for 2 or 3 dodgy games this season we would already be in the play-offs.

I'll be interested to see Wilkins' reaction to his demotion.

He's also bought through the finest crop of youngsters we've had (over the last few seasons) for a VERY long time. Rather than relying on old friends like Mr Adams. Expect to see the youngsters either shipped out or bullied into submission by a Cullip like croony.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
What so demoting Wilkins to head coach, and employing a well known and respected manager is regarded as having no morals? Don't be ridiculous, you dont know the circumstances on which Wilkins was told this, he may have known for a while, and i dont think its quite on par with going to WAR. This isnt a negative move for the club.

Blinkered nonsense. Imagine is this was happening at another club. Let's say Middlesborough. Southgate is replaced by Bryan Robson (he did get them to a coca-cola cup final after all). Tell me what your reaction to that would be?

This is only acceptable because its Adams and that is EXACTLY why it's wrong.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He's also bought through the finest crop of youngsters we've had (over the last few seasons) for a VERY long time. Rather than relying on old friends like Mr Adams. Expect to see the youngsters either shipped out or bullied into submission by a Cullip like croony.

No because simply from Adams era we didn't have the base of youth players who were capable of making the step into professional football, check the facts who since that time has done anything in the pro game, we have nobby Horton to thank for the benefits of a decent youth setup that is reaping rewards now.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
No because simply from Adams era we didn't have the base of youth players who were capable of making the step into professional football, check the facts who since that time has done anything in the pro game, we have nobby Horton to thank for the benefits of a decent youth setup that is reaping rewards now.

Yes. It was Horton who bought on the likes of Hinsh, Harding, Virgo, Hammond, Lynch, Elphick, Fraser, Cox, Robinson etc.

My mistake.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is my biggest worry. I fear this is a big backwards step. What actually do people think Adams offers that Wilkins doesn't I'd like to know? He was hardly a tactical mastermind. He just put together a good team over a season and a bit which paid dividends in the next couple of seasons. Which seemed to be what Wilkins was doing. Only without quite as much serendipity as Adams had, what with the Fulham thing, Pinamonte/Zamora.... Also his record of failure everywhere but here...

This seems a bad decision on two fronts, one because Wilkins was making progress and looking like a very promising young manager. I just don't know why he's going. And secondly, the man coming in is being appointed on SENTIMENT. Not a great idea.

Of course I will "support" Adams as long as he warrants it, but I definitely do not support his decision and I have grievous doubts about it working out well for this club.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Blinkered nonsense. Imagine is this was happening at another club. Let's say Middlesborough. Southgate is replaced by Bryan Robson (he did get them to a coca-cola cup final after all). Tell me what your reaction to that would be?

No its not because its Adams, in the slightest. i wouldnt care who was installed as manager if it were Wilkins or Mcghee, if he has been eomplyed as manager he has been employed. These decisions arent made over night, i think Dick and the board etc. Know what they are doing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

Exactly. This guy gets it.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
This is my biggest worry. I fear this is a big backwards step. What actually do people think Adams offers that Wilkins doesn't I'd like to know? He was hardly a tactical mastermind. He just put together a good team over a season and a bit which paid dividends in the next couple of seasons. Which seemed to be what Wilkins was doing. Only without quite as much serendipity as Adams had, what with the Fulham thing, Pinamonte/Zamora.... Also his record of failure everywhere but here...

This seems a bad decision on two fronts, one because Wilkins was making progress and looking like a very promising young manager. I just don't know why he's going. And secondly, the man coming in is being appointed on SENTIMENT. Not a great idea.

Of course I will "support" Adams as long as he warrants it, but I definitely do not support his decision and I have grievous doubts about it working out well for this club.

Without starting a love-in, that is EXACTLY how i feel. I'll support the club to end but it's still a very disappointing move.

This one kind of feels like it was.

Lifted from the Arsegas:

The rest of Albion's backroom staff remains unchanged under Adams' command. Knight said: "We are expanding the managerial team with a very experienced person at the top of it.
"The fact is we are not firing Dean - we are asking him to stay. This is a very considered decision and unanimous decision by the Board.

Seems to me that this decision has been coming for a while-the announcement took us all by surprise but clubs don't all of a sudden change managers at 9 o/c at night or whenever it was. Contracts don't get agreed in a pub and written on a fag packet (unless you're Archer or Bellotti). This has clearly been going on for a while and maybe Wilkins has been privy to it all?

For all of the morons having a disgraceful pop at Dick Knight-maybe they'd like to read the above. It's not very difficult: "A very considered decision and unanimous decision by the board". Is there any part of that statement too difficult for you? IT WAS A UNANIMOUS DECISION BY THE BOARD.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maybe things might have changed, but the Micky Adams I remember would NEVER have let the Port Vale disaster of a few weeks ago happen, nor would he have tolerated the situation with Hammond, O'Callaghan and Savage at Christmas that, ultimately in my opinion, did for us this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here