Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We the fans have every right to know why a man who had built a team and nurtured it from the youth team to the first team was sacked. We are the lifeblood of the club. The chairman made a bad situation worse by choosing to hide behind the cloak of confidentiality. He is still making a bad situation worse nearly a year after the event. Because I have a season ticket, I am a Gold Member of the club. But being so, it seems, does not entitle me to know why a progressive and innovative manager was ousted by the chairman. I wouldn't care so much had not Dean Wilkins been doing a superb job and had not his successor made such a horrible mess of a promising situation.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
We the fans have every right to know why a man who had built a team and nurtured it from the youth team to the first team was sacked. We are the lifeblood of the club. The chairman made a bad situation worse by choosing to hide behind the cloak of confidentiality. He is still making a bad situation worse nearly a year after the event. Because I have a season ticket, I am a Gold Member of the club. But being so, it seems, does not entitle me to know why a progressive and innovative manager was ousted by the chairman. I wouldn't care so much had not Dean Wilkins been doing a superb job and had not his successor made such a horrible mess of a promising situation.

blimey that's up there with the media Hype over Jade goody's demise for rewriting of history...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
righhht,, so you're presumably delighted that all those 'wanking' over MA return got put in there place by the fact that we're quite likely going to get relegated.

yes, because i am DELIGHTED that relegation is the result and not at all bothered that hard earned cash is going to be spent going to MORECAMBE next season :jester:

it is more to do with the fact that people took such unbridled joy over the sacking of a manager who lead us to a position that hardly ANYONE at the start of 07-08 thought was atainable, to be replaced by a man who walked out on us first time around and had achieved bugger all since leaving. que comments of adams clearing out the dead wood, getting tough on the players, turning us into a promotion team and leading us into falmer - i just find it hard not to smile at the IRONY that he went onto re-sign mayo and hart, continually picked players who were underperforming, and turned us into a relegation team

the situation isnt funny at all, but the IRONY of some of those comments is. much like "please stay off the pitch so sam and the lads can do a lap of honour after the game"

hindsight - its a wonderful thing

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
yes, because i am DELIGHTED that relegation is the result and not at all bothered that hard earned cash is going to be spent going to MORECAMBE next season :jester:

it is more to do with the fact that people took such unbridled joy over the sacking of a manager who lead us to a position that hardly ANYONE at the start of 07-08 thought was atainable, to be replaced by a man who walked out on us first time around and had achieved bugger all since leaving. que comments of adams clearing out the dead wood, getting tough on the players, turning us into a promotion team and leading us into falmer - i just find it hard not to smile at the IRONY that he went onto re-sign mayo and hart, continually picked players who were underperforming, and turned us into a relegation team

the situation isnt funny at all, but the IRONY of some of those comments is. much like "please stay off the pitch so sam and the lads can do a lap of honour after the game"

hindsight - its a wonderful thing

personally not seeing anything to smile about this season, but c'est la vie.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes and it was all posted before all the events at Lewes FC this season.
If you want to know why Albion have become a pariah in some people's eyes, then ask yourself what a non-partisan bystander would think has been going on to effectively "cap" Lewes this season.
It would serve Dick Knight right if Crawley were to get promoted this season; they might wel take quite a few fans from the Albion hinterland, (and Palace's come to that).

Named Danny Wilson, but crying into his keyboard about Lewes. Bless. back to the County League for you. Lewes were never in a position to make a go of it in the Conference as they are a poor excuse of a semi/professional footballing outfit from a town that makes Norfolk look normal.

At least you shall be able to drink that pig swill on the terraces again.

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Well what I think isn't said in hindsight, I said it before and I'll say it again.

Dean Wilkins (whatever people like to believe about him) brought a young squad of players through from youth to 1st team, and has been working with them, in many cases before their balls dropped!

So a lot of these players would look upto him almost has a father figure. So when Uncle Dick in all his wisdom brought back Micky Adams, it was goin to upset a lot of players at the club. What made it worse, is they way Knight done it. It was a classic back stabbing, with Micky telling people months earlier he had the job, when Dean was none the wiser to the impending sack.

As it turns out Micky was approached in January, just after Dick & Dean had, shall we say, harsh words over transfer policies.

So they were asking a group of young men, to play for a man who had basically just shit on a man they had known and grown up with for as long as they can remember.

Why am I saying this, if anyone sees him around, ask Micky what he thinks of the squad he took over?

"Had no bollocks"
"They didn't want to know half of them"
are just two quotes that have come out of his mouth. People on here want to believe Dean lost the dressing room, but those in the know, know thats not the case. He wasn't popular with a lot of people, that's no secret, but he hadn't lost the dressing room.

Micky on the other hand, never had the dressing room to lose it. Why do you think there were hardly any home grown players compared to last year. Don't say they becasue their crap, becasue they got us to 7th last year.

It's not with hindsight to know that Micky Part II was never going to work, just common sense.

Hopefully the board will get their man at the end of the season, (although I don't think they will now) and we will storm division 2, because the bulk of the sqaud is still there, but where as we should off been looking forward to at least a play off scrap and maybe a trip to St James' Park next season, all we have to look forward to is trips to Morcombe and Burton.

Thanks Dick:thumbsup: And do us one last favour, lose the f***ing ego!:rant:

The only person to say Wilkins had lost the dressing room was Dick Knight - perhaps if he had kept his nose out of the dressing room and in the board room and left Wilkins, Chapman to work and get on with the job - without Dean White and his wooden spoon (which he still seems to be using) stirring things up we might well have been in better place this season.

If DK had done things correctly we might well have been able to have had the best of all worlds. In Adams and Wilkins but no DK could handle it the right way - perhaps because he considers his way is the only way.

This from the man who once told the fans that no one person is greater than the club - shame his memory is so short because he is doing so many things that he condemned other people of.

DK needs to remember without the fans who is treating with contempt by his silence or hiding behind so called confidentiality clauses he will not have a club to take to Falmer.

If you looked in the programm the other week the statistics spoke for themselves regarding what Dean Wilkins achieved. His technical and coaching skills have been sorely missed this season - if you watch the clueless duo of White and Booker you can see the result - Nicky Forster was doing more coaching the other week in the warm up than them - they stood like two stuffed dummies in the middle of the pitch.

We need a wing and a prayer to move forward thanks to DK, MA,DW and BB

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The only person to say Wilkins had lost the dressing room was Dick Knight - perhaps if he had kept his nose out of the dressing room and in the board room and left Wilkins, Chapman to work and get on with the job - without Dean White and his wooden spoon (which he still seems to be using) stirring things up we might well have been in better place this season.

If DK had done things correctly we might well have been able to have had the best of all worlds. In Adams and Wilkins but no DK could handle it the right way - perhaps because he considers his way is the only way.

This from the man who once told the fans that no one person is greater than the club - shame his memory is so short because he is doing so many things that he condemned other people of.

DK needs to remember without the fans who is treating with contempt by his silence or hiding behind so called confidentiality clauses he will not have a club to take to Falmer.

If you looked in the programm the other week the statistics spoke for themselves regarding what Dean Wilkins achieved. His technical and coaching skills have been sorely missed this season - if you watch the clueless duo of White and Booker you can see the result - Nicky Forster was doing more coaching the other week in the warm up than them - they stood like two stuffed dummies in the middle of the pitch.

:thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

Agree completely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here