Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes and it was all posted before all the events at Lewes FC this season.
If you want to know why Albion have become a pariah in some people's eyes, then ask yourself what a non-partisan bystander would think has been going on to effectively "cap" Lewes this season.
Lewes "capped" themselves by overspending on players CONSTANTLY under Steve King in order to get promoted to a level for which they had neither the fanbase or the finances to compete at, and for which they didn't even have a ground to meet the league's requirements.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I still think he's a total and utter do da(was going to get a life ban if I used the "c" word again) for what he done yesterday, and hope it doesn't come back to haunt. But I if I had to lay money on it, I would say he'll be regretting it come this time next year, but I'll support Mickey and hope he proves me wrong.

I wish I'd put money on it, because Mr Knight must be regretting it one year on. I appears MR B was right again (although I'd love to have been wrong on this one!), and it has come back to haunt him!

WHAT A ABSOLUTE PRATT!!:tosser::jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is my biggest worry. I fear this is a big backwards step. What actually do people think Adams offers that Wilkins doesn't I'd like to know? He was hardly a tactical mastermind. He just put together a good team over a season and a bit which paid dividends in the next couple of seasons. Which seemed to be what Wilkins was doing. Only without quite as much serendipity as Adams had, what with the Fulham thing, Pinamonte/Zamora.... Also his record of failure everywhere but here...

This seems a bad decision on two fronts, one because Wilkins was making progress and looking like a very promising young manager. I just don't know why he's going. And secondly, the man coming in is being appointed on SENTIMENT. Not a great idea.

Of course I will "support" Adams as long as he warrants it, but I definitely do not support his decision and I have grievous doubts about it working out well for this club.

Silent Bob was bang on the money.

I was unhappy at the treatment of Wilkins, but was delighted at Adams coming back. Unfortunately, the 2008/09 version in the brochure was NOTHING LIKE the 1999 one.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
But the signs were there of decay so why was Adams given the job ? A question only Dick Tight and the board can answer and the silence is deafening

Go and buy some ear-plugs then, because this is going to be deafening for quite some time to come. They clearly don't agree that the signs of decay were there, which makes it just a matter of opinion.

And they are going to have to justify the last 11 years to you just because your opinions disagree? No - of course not. Yes this season has been a disaster, yes it's turned out that it wasn't the right move to make. But hauling the chairman and the board over the coals continuously is not going to do anybody any good, and may jeapordise any confidentiality agreements in place. So please - cry into your beer if you need to, kick the cat because you are angry with the board, but move on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But the signs were there of decay so why was Adams given the job ? A question only Dick Tight and the board can answer and the silence is deafening

Adams had a proven track record of success at this level with Albion and Fulham. He built the foundations of a team here that took us into the Championship, and (contrary to a common denouncement of his achievements) actually signed a hell of a lot of good players OTHER than Zamora that stood this club in good stead for a number of seasons. The board were no doubt hoping that was the Adams they were hiring again.

In hindsight, it was naiive to hope he could work that magic again, although the concerns of some have clearly been borne out in full.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
In hindsight, it was naiive to hope he could work that magic again, although the concerns of some have clearly been borne out in full.
Well what I think isn't said in hindsight, I said it before and I'll say it again.

Dean Wilkins (whatever people like to believe about him) brought a young squad of players through from youth to 1st team, and has been working with them, in many cases before their balls dropped!

So a lot of these players would look upto him almost has a father figure. So when Uncle Dick in all his wisdom brought back Micky Adams, it was goin to upset a lot of players at the club. What made it worse, is they way Knight done it. It was a classic back stabbing, with Micky telling people months earlier he had the job, when Dean was none the wiser to the impending sack.

As it turns out Micky was approached in January, just after Dick & Dean had, shall we say, harsh words over transfer policies.

So they were asking a group of young men, to play for a man who had basically just shit on a man they had known and grown up with for as long as they can remember.

Why am I saying this, if anyone sees him around, ask Micky what he thinks of the squad he took over?

"Had no bollocks"
"They didn't want to know half of them"
are just two quotes that have come out of his mouth. People on here want to believe Dean lost the dressing room, but those in the know, know thats not the case. He wasn't popular with a lot of people, that's no secret, but he hadn't lost the dressing room.

Micky on the other hand, never had the dressing room to lose it. Why do you think there were hardly any home grown players compared to last year. Don't say they becasue their crap, becasue they got us to 7th last year.

It's not with hindsight to know that Micky Part II was never going to work, just common sense.

Hopefully the board will get their man at the end of the season, (although I don't think they will now) and we will storm division 2, because the bulk of the sqaud is still there, but where as we should off been looking forward to at least a play off scrap and maybe a trip to St James' Park next season, all we have to look forward to is trips to Morcombe and Burton.

Thanks Dick:thumbsup: And do us one last favour, lose the f***ing ego!:rant:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We WILL be going to St James Park next season *

* unless they go up :down:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Go and buy some ear-plugs then, because this is going to be deafening for quite some time to come. They clearly don't agree that the signs of decay were there, which makes it just a matter of opinion.

And they are going to have to justify the last 11 years to you just because your opinions disagree? No - of course not. Yes this season has been a disaster, yes it's turned out that it wasn't the right move to make. But hauling the chairman and the board over the coals continuously is not going to do anybody any good, and may jeapordise any confidentiality agreements in place. So please - cry into your beer if you need to, kick the cat because you are angry with the board, but move on.

Blimey, normal service.

The board made the decisions that have cost us this season, so they should be open to scrutiny.

If you do not like that, then maybe you should buy the ear plugs.

Awaits usual overly agressive response and poor attempt at put down....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of why Wilkins was sacked I'm amazed he's still out of a job. Either his agent is total shit or he did some unspeakable act whilst he was our manager, or both.

Danny Wilson

Mar 12, 2009
Lewes "capped" themselves by overspending on players CONSTANTLY under Steve King in order to get promoted to a level for which they had neither the fanbase or the finances to compete at, and for which they didn't even have a ground to meet the league's requirements.

That may be true but unfortunately that might not be how the rest of the football world perceives it. All they will see is that Albion effectively tried (and succeeded) to "Tranmere" Lewes into being a satellite club. They would not be able to do the same to Crawley.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of why Wilkins was sacked I'm amazed he's still out of a job. Either his agent is total shit or he did some unspeakable act whilst he was our manager, or both.

He isn't listed as an available manager on the LMA website.

A third option, is he is seeing out his contract. That he is collecting a paycheck to not work (nice job if you can get it), and when the contract is up he will start working.

A fourth option is he did nothing wrong, his agent is good at his job, but due either to the experience of the job in general, or the treatment he received from the board he has become disillusioned with football management and doesn't want the job. Perhaps he has decided that developing young players is more his thing.

A fifth option is his heart is with the albion and if he can't do it here, he doesn't want to do it elsewhere.

A sixth option is he is simply choosing to take time off from football, since it has been such a big part of his life for so long.

A seventh option is the comment put forward by bhadeb (take it for what you will) that he is working as a scout for another club, and he's happy with that for now.

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
He isn't listed as an available manager on the LMA website.

A third option, is he is seeing out his contract. That he is collecting a paycheck to not work (nice job if you can get it), and when the contract is up he will start working.

A fourth option is he did nothing wrong, his agent is good at his job, but due either to the experience of the job in general, or the treatment he received from the board he has become disillusioned with football management and doesn't want the job. Perhaps he has decided that developing young players is more his thing.

A fifth option is his heart is with the albion and if he can't do it here, he doesn't want to do it elsewhere.

A sixth option is he is simply choosing to take time off from football, since it has been such a big part of his life for so long.

A seventh option is the comment put forward by bhadeb (take it for what you will) that he is working as a scout for another club, and he's happy with that for now.

what about the 8th option is that no-one in the game rates him as a manager.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
brilliant thread

looking back, some of the posts WANKING over adams return are extremely amusing

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
righhht,, so you're presumably delighted that all those 'wanking' over MA return got put in there place by the fact that we're quite likely going to get relegated.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here