Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Why don't you f*** off. I appreciate what Wilkins has done for us. Espically nearly getting us a Play-Off spot. don't you remember at Xmas time? when we were 17th! He did wonders, espically giving it a right go untill the end. But to get to the Championship before Falmer. We needed a experience man in charge, and that man is Micky Adams. I for one, can't wait for next season.

I thought we were told to mind our language today.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Top idea...

Attachments

• sad.jpg
    sad.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 194

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Why don't you f*** off. I appreciate what Wilkins has done for us. Espically nearly getting us a Play-Off spot. don't you remember at Xmas time? when we were 17th! He did wonders, espically giving it a right go untill the end. But to get to the Championship before Falmer. We needed a experience man in charge, and that man is Micky Adams. I for one, can't wait for next season.
:yawn::bla:
It's all sound bites. We need an experienced man in charge? ANy more Dick Knight quotes forthcoming....... Great opening line by the way. You got any of your own thought you wnt to share:bigwave:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
No doubt Dick Knight saved the club. But at the moment there no doubt he's losing money, but when Falmer's up and running, he'll be sitting on a goldmine.
You've posted some pretty obnoxious crap on this thread but this comment really takes the biscuit. Very, very few professional football clubs make money and most of those that do only do so off the back of obscene amounts of TV money and global shirt sales. No-one takes on the running of a club like ours in the belief that they will ever make money, unless they want to do so by selling off the assets and closing it down (sound familiar?)

Our club will NEVER be profitable. It will ALWAYS need someone to bankroll it one way or another, otherwise we'll be off down to the conference. If you think that a club with no assets playing in a stadium owned by a separate company (which will only be partly owned by the club anyway) is a goldmine then you are either dreaming or on drugs.

Dick Knight saved this club in many ways and his actions - particularly by not allowing us to be conned into paying over-the-top salaries by greedy agents - continue to ensure that not only do we have a club to support but our children do too. The guy is merely a fan with a bit more money than the rest of us. He has always said he will step aside if the right people came along to take the club forward in the right way.

No-one likes to see a decent guy like Wilkins moved aside, but this is football and it's not like any other business. What I particularly hate to see is someone like Dick Knight given the shit he has by people like you just for making a tough decision in the wider interest of the club and the fans. You and this thread in particular are totally out of order.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You've posted some pretty obnoxious crap on this thread but this comment really takes the biscuit. Very, very few professional football clubs make money and most of those that do only do so off the back of obscene amounts of TV money and global shirt sales. No-one takes on the running of a club like ours in the belief that they will ever make money, unless they want to do so by selling off the assets and closing it down (sound familiar?)

Our club will NEVER be profitable. It will ALWAYS need someone to bankroll it one way or another, otherwise we'll be off down to the conference. If you think that a club with no assets playing in a stadium owned by a separate company (which will only be partly owned by the club anyway) is a goldmine then you are either dreaming or on drugs.

Dick Knight saved this club in many ways and his actions - particularly by not allowing us to be conned into paying over-the-top salaries by greedy agents - continue to ensure that not only do we have a club to support but our children do too. The guy is merely a fan with a bit more money than the rest of us. He has always said he will step aside if the right people came along to take the club forward in the right way.

No-one likes to see a decent guy like Wilkins moved aside, but this is football and it's not like any other business. What I particularly hate to see is someone like Dick Knight given the shit he has by people like you just for making a tough decision in the wider interest of the club and the fans. You and this thread in particular are totally out of order.
Well I disagree. While no doubt the first post was harsh, it was written just after I found out, and its pain to see I was shocked. I know that Dick Knight inferers with the team, particually transfers, so fail to understand why he did what he did. I fail to understand how you can release half your squad, and then remove the man who you got to do it.

No one, apart from the clowns on here, will disagree that we finished far higher than anyone thought we would. So I see no need for a change, unles theres other reasons behind it. For Dick to say he wants an experienced man, means either

a) he got it wrong appointing Wilkins

b) he had no ambition to get promoted this year

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well I disagree. While no doubt the first post was harsh, it was written just after I found out, and its pain to see I was shocked. I know that Dick Knight inferers with the team, particually transfers, so fail to understand why he did what he did. I fail to understand how you can release half your squad, and then remove the man who you got to do it.

No one, apart from the clowns on here, will disagree that we finished far higher than anyone thought we would. So I see no need for a change, unles theres other reasons behind it. For Dick to say he wants an experienced man, means either

a) he got it wrong appointing Wilkins

b) he had no ambition to get promoted this year

You still have not backed up your allegation that DK is

(a) In it for the money
(b) Sitting on a 'goldmine'

Please could you supply some figures to support these opinions, or withdraw them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You still have not backed up your allegation that DK is

(a) In it for the money
(b) Sitting on a 'goldmine'

Please could you supply some figures to support these opinions, or withdraw them.
I wont do neither. Mainly cause it would take ages, and I aint got time. Can you supply figures to show he's not?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

here here

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I dont understand how people can say the team are not moving forward under Wilkins?

To me it seems like a stunt to get more season tickets

Was thinking exactly the same.

If I'm honest, I'm chuffed to bits that Micky's back. But I must admit that happiness is tempered by a few things:

1. Mullery failed during his second time in charge here, and I worry that MA will do likewise. Very few managers do well during their second stint in charge of a club.
2. Our expectations will now be unreasonably high and I think DK may have made a rod for MA's back. We shouldn't expect MA to walk this division next season.
3. The alleged way in which Wendy was told about his demotion, if the Argus is to be believed.

Still, I AM hoping for a full house at Withdean next season, and Micky Adams' blue and white army storming to two consecutive league titles!!! - eek, that means promotion to the Premier League :clap2:

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Mr Burns - pleased to see that you've moderated your tone a bit, so I'll put it down to the shock. I actually thought appointing Wilkins was a good move and he has done better than I expected. My initial reaction was one of shock as well.

However Wilkins looks like he may have been feeling the strain (if Guy is to be believed) so it may just be that he's being replaced at the right time. As far as interference is concerned, I would expect the chairman of a club as small as ours to interfere anyway, after all he's responsible for providing the money - why shouldn't he have a say in how its being spent? And when it comes to releasing the squad, its no secret that we needed a clear-out - that's why Barry Lloyd is on his scandinavian tour. If its obvious who needs to go then why not just get on and do it, regardless of who's in charge at the time? Also no-one is doubting Wilkins judge of a player - least of all Adams or Knight.

The ambition for promotion was shown by signing Forster and then Murray. I almost wonder whether Wilkins did better than the board expected - so much so that they think the difference could have been made just by having a more experienced manager with the same players?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. Mullery failed during his second time in charge here, and I worry that MA will do likewise. Very few managers do well during their second stint in charge of a club.
Apart from Premiership-promoted Tony Pulis at Stoke, that is. Or FA Cup finalist Harry Redknapp.

I'm not saying this is an inevitable ticket into the Champions League, or even for promotion next season - it may all go horribly wrong. But if it does, personally I just doubt that that'll be because he happens to have been here before. We'll see.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Apart from Premiership-promoted Tony Pulis at Stoke, that is. Or FA Cup finalist Harry Redknapp.

I'm not saying this is an inevitable ticket into the Champions League, or even for promotion next season - it may all go horribly wrong. But if it does, personally I just doubt that that'll be because he happens to have been here before. We'll see.

Apart from those two :blush:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I wont do neither. Mainly cause it would take ages, and I aint got time. Can you supply figures to show he's not?

Yes, the cumulative losses of the club since DK has taken over are in the region of £15million in ten years. The estimated breakeven for Falmer at 2003 prices was 12,000, and that was before an estimated 60% rise in raw material costs, and changes in building regulations that will further increase construction costs.

The Albion have not averaged 12,000 attendances since the 1980's, going to watch the club in an alien activity for a whole generation, who have become armchair fans of plastic Premiership brands. So realistically breakeven would now be in the region of attendances of 15,000 , two and a half times our present level.

All of this is ignoring the higher interest costs that will be imposed as a result of the credit crunch.

I have backed up my response to your allegation.

You have stated that you cannot find the time to put together the numbers, so how did you reach your initial conclusion that he was sitting on a goldmine, unless of course you were spouting ignorant, clueless rubbish?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Yes, the cumulative losses of the club since DK has taken over are in the region of £15million in ten years. The estimated breakeven for Falmer at 2003 prices was 12,000, and that was before an estimated 60% rise in raw material costs, and changes in building regulations that will further increase construction costs.

The Albion have not averaged 12,000 attendances since the 1980's, going to watch the club in an alien activity for a whole generation, who have become armchair fans of plastic Premiership brands. So realistically breakeven would now be in the region of attendances of 15,000 , two and a half times our present level.

All of this is ignoring the higher interest costs that will be imposed as a result of the credit crunch.

I have backed up my response to your allegation.

You have stated that you cannot find the time to put together the numbers, so how did you reach your initial conclusion that he was sitting on a goldmine, unless of course you were spouting ignorant, clueless rubbish?

Well done :clap:

(Just like my math skills......???:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here