Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
What the club needed was a MANAGER who couild take us onwards and upwards and Wilkins was clearly not that person.

What basis have you got for saying that? Surely getting a team who many thought could go down to finish 7th suggests that he could well have been that person?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
What basis have you got for saying that? Surely getting a team who many thought could go down to finish 7th suggests that he could well have been that person?

He MIGHT have been that person. None of us knows. Clearly the board thought otherwise and regardless of what we think, they are entitled to make such decisions if they see them to be in the best interests of the club...which is, after all, a business.

Only time will tell and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth on here is a waste of time, really.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
You don't know all the facts but you are still prepared to abuse the Chairman - who has a track record that has earned him more respect than you are giving.

When we know what actually happened - then we can take a firm and extreme view.

Dick Knight is not in this for the money. If he wanted money he'd still be in advertising.

There is no call for the level of abuse you have used - it's childish. Go and stand in the naughty corner and calm down.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

I've said it on a different thread but being a good football coach does not mean you are going to be a decent manager. To manage different and difficult personalities is not an easy job. To recognise and to motivate those who need it. To deal with people on and off the pitch. To lead by example. It takes a strong personallity and something the board obviously felt was better suited to MA than to DW at this point in time. I don't believe it was a rash decision by the board.

I know some people have already said it, but for fucks' sake Mr Burns get a grip. You may currently be pissed off with Knight, and you're not the only one, but this thread title is pathetic, as are the level of your personal attacks.

Mods, can someone please edit the thread title?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Where were we in December ? Briefly 7th.
What makes you believe we'd have "finished in the Playoffs at least" ? Yes we were on the fringes of the playoffs at the time, maybe we'd have made it, maybe we wouldn't. The form over the first part of the season had been patchy, we hit a run of results in December that got us into a decent position, but to carry this on to state we'd have "made the playoffs at least" is just a vague assumption, not a guarantee.

And by the way - this thread title is a f***ing disgrace. You should be embarrassed and ashamed at labelling the bloke who brought this club back from oblivion as a "slimey c#unt". Were it not for Dick Knights intervention, you wouldn't even HAVE a club to bitch about.

Yes completely agree, absolutely disgusting.

In my opinion, I don't think Wilkins was a good manager (even if I did, it still doesn't jusitfy that sort of talk). We did finish 7th which is a good achievement but it's not just about that. Tactically he doesn't know what he's doing and never knows the right time to bring on sub. Also Cox has behavd like that before, he didn't learn so he should of gone, Wilkins is too weak.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Micky Adams You Hero!!!

Im So Happy Your Back! Greatest Day Since The Playoff Final Win Imho

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The bottom line is that by doing this Knight has made a rod for his own back. This is a bold move, a risk in my opinion and it has to work. We have to get into The Championship within two seasons.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
The bottom line is that by doing this Knight has made a rod for his own back. This is a bold move, a risk in my opinion and it has to work. We have to get into The Championship within two seasons.

Why is it a risk??

Anybody's better than Wilkins

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth

It is a bold move, but knights move is no different to what he did to Mcghee, we wernt struggling when he was sacked and after the success he brought appointing a youth boss was a risk.

Adams will have targets and with a little money and a good squad of players I dont doubt adams ability

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Don't be such an idiot. Dick Knight is in thsi for the money.

No he is not, by all means question the decision, but you are either totally financially illiterate, or a fantasist to think that anyone (and I include the rest of the board here too) to stick £12million into a project that is never likely to make money, and if it does, it will take at least 15 years from the initial investment.

DK loves the Albion, some of his decisions may be flawed, sometimes he puts his heart (and mouth) before his head, but he is 100% a fan, and without him you would be watching a big fat nothing every Saturday afternoon.

Sums up the situation rather well.

DW was doing a good job and our League position showed the progress we are making under him and this despite a radically changed team over the season.

If MA doesn't achieve at least the same next season and even better the year after then I question how patient some people will be.

My concern is whether MA really wanted to come back or was it his only realistic prospect in view of no other opportunities.

I sincerely hope he does well but equally hope DK had not made a mistake.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
No he is not, by all means question the decision, but you are either totally financially illiterate, or a fantasist to think that anyone (and I include the rest of the board here too) to stick £12million into a project that is never likely to make money, and if it does, it will take at least 15 years from the initial investment.

DK loves the Albion, some of his decisions may be flawed, sometimes he puts his heart (and mouth) before his head, but he is 100% a fan, and without him you would be watching a big fat nothing every Saturday afternoon.
No doubt Dick Knight saved the club. But at the moment there no doubt he's losing money, but when Falmer's up and running, he'll be sitting on a goldmine.

And while Dick Knight may have been a reason for the club still being here, if it wan't for the fans, and a few in particullar, Dick Knight would never have had the chance to save the club. Yes, he'll go down in history as a true Albion legend, but this latest trick is the disgrace here.

And as omeone said, he's made a rod for his own back here. Cause if we dont hit th floor running next season, the fans will be on his back, and the age old chants of "What the f*** is going on" and "sack the board" will return sooner rather than later.

This thread may be harsh, but for christ sake people, have your own opinions, because half the threads here are basically, yes agree disgrace, yes agree out of order. Have your own opinions!!

If Wilkins does go, I hope he speaks out and tells what role Dick Knight, and himself, actually played in team affairs. If that happens a few opinions may change on here

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My concern is whether MA really wanted to come back or was it his only realistic prospect in view of no other opportunities.

I heard from somewhere that he was about to be appointed as boss of Walsall, but did a last-minute u-turn for the Albion. However, in the maelstrom of events, I can't for the life of me remember where I heard or read this nugget.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield

How do you base your 15 years prodiction, or is that a number you plucked out of the air.

I am extremely financially clued up, having built a number of business from stratch, so I have a small idea how it works! So I would love to hear how you come to that 15 year figure?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I heard from somewhere that he was about to be appointed as boss of Walsall, but did a last-minute u-turn for the Albion. However, in the maelstrom of events, I can't for the life of me remember where I heard or read this nugget.
Leicester are about the sack their manager. Maybe history will repeat itself:D:D

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No doubt Dick Knight saved the club. But at the moment there no doubt he's losing money, but when Falmer's up and running, he'll be sitting on a goldmine.

Here is my opinion, there is no way that DK or the rest of the board will ever be sitting on a goldmine. How do I reach that opinion, because I can do the maths, if you want me to list my qualifications I am happy to do so, and will ask you to do the same, so I respectfully suggest that you back up your accusations with some hard numbers before coming up with half baked claptrap in respect of the club's financial turnaround.

There are plenty of clubs with new stadia who have ended up in administration, so if you think that Falmer is the pot at the end of the rainbow and DK will make millions you are 100% wrong.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Firstly I know there are a hundred threads like this. Secondly I know I probably get banned for this post. And thirdly at this exact moment I couldn't give a f***.

I have been a Dick Knight Fan since the beginning. I know he interferes to much in team affairs, for example we all remember Fredico Turenizo (one of Uncle Dicks signings), and this season, the first Dean Wilkins knew about Murray arrving is after Dick Knight had signed him. He also told Wayne Henderson he didn't like him, and didn't want him here, and thats half the reason he left as he did.

But what he as done today, proves to me he is a slimly, spineless, back stabbing, nasty, self-important, two-faced piece of work utter c'unt. He refuses to give Wilkins a free run at the job and then sacks him. From today I am firmly anti Dick Knight for the timing of this.

I always thought Falmer would be his crowning moment, even if it has took him more f***ing years then anyone would have dreamt possible to deliver. But after today I hope the c'unt is out of the club before we get there.

What sort of man puts Wilkins in the postion of sacking half his team, then a day later sacks him. Is the c'unt to spineless to do it himself?

Mickey Adams was our god. But this whole things leaves a very bad taste in the mouth, and probably the most under hand spineless things an Albion chairman has done since that other **** Stanley sold the club to Archer for £50.

DICK YOU SHOULD HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME.

IF THIS GOES WRONG NEXT YEAR, THEY'LL BE CALLING FOR YOUR HEAD BEFORE THE YEARS OUT, AND YOU'LL f***ing DESERVE IT YOU C'UNT.

But as you've done it, try and leave the manager to manage the club.

You are chairman, be a f***ing chairman and let the manager manage, and buy his own f***ing players. If you are so desperate to buy and sell who YOU want, make your f***ing self manager.

It you spent more time in the boardroom, and less time interfering with your last few managers, maybe the whole Falmer saga wouldn't of been such a drawn out f*** UP.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Why don't you f*** off. I appreciate what Wilkins has done for us. Espically nearly getting us a Play-Off spot. don't you remember at Xmas time? when we were 17th! He did wonders, espically giving it a right go untill the end. But to get to the Championship before Falmer. We needed a experience man in charge, and that man is Micky Adams. I for one, can't wait for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here