Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DICK KNIGHT you are slimey for what you've done

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
TCB, we agree. I've thought about it and I'm going to bed a happy man. Micky is back where he belongs. The Falmer Dream is on and Micky will take us to the promised land.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Spot on. And the reason for that? Because he's a PROPER football manager, a professional who takes pride in his work. He won't stand for some of the shit our players have served up in the last few years. I can only imagine him looking at some of the cocky kids like Cox and booting him out of the club within weeks. Welcome home, Micky. You've been missed.

Yeah, Cox is f***ing shit. Bring back Brooker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
TCB, I have it on good authority that the team for Falmer will be:

1. Kuipers
2. Whing
3. Richards
4. Elphick
5. Virgo (Captain)
6. Westlake
7. Cox
8. Carole
9. Forster
10. Murray
11. Zamora

Subs: Cullip, Lynch, Harding, Currie, El-Abd.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. It is the sort of line up that makes Ron Jeremy look like Graham Norton.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wasn't saying Cox is shit, far from it. My point was that Micky WILL NOT tolerate attitude problems like Cox's. I lost respect for Wilkins when he let Cox get away with a disciplinary problem for a second time. Micky won't.
What would you want done? SACK him?

It seems to me Wilkins handled it well, and Cox actually played a lot better since.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I can't help thinking Dean might be quite happy with this move once he's got over the initial shock. There seems to be a question over his man management skills, and if he isn't great at it then a) he almost certainly knows it; and b) he probably doesn't enjoy that side of the job. Now he can get on with his first love which clearly is coaching. If he doesn't jump ship in the next 36 hours then I'm sure he'll see it that way and go back to coaching with renewed enthusiasm, without the burden of the man management side of it. Bingo, we have a winner!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
TCB, I have it on good authority that the team for Falmer will be:

1. Kuipers
2. Whing
3. Richards
4. Elphick
5. Virgo (Captain)
6. Westlake
7. Cox
8. Carole
9. Forster
10. Murray
11. Zamora

Subs: Cullip, Lynch, Harding, Currie, El-Abd.

but you have included oatway, watson, carpenter or brooker?

Skidmarks

Feb 12, 2008
Woolworths
Is this it?, is Dick finnally planning on dipping into that dusty old pocket of his so he can actually spend the MONEY on rebuilding a squad clearly down in both talent and numbers?.

If Dick wants to spend cash he dosen't usually spend, then he'll want it to be spent well. How does he manage that?, stick with a man who's only ever completed one whole season in his short managerial career? or bring in easily the most loved manager this clubs had whilst being at the Withdean?.
Proven to be someone of experience with higher profiled clubs and has League titles to his name, it is obvious we all would give our money to the man with a better CV.

Though the true blessing for the club will be Wilkins signing the assistant manager contract, this will mean the team still get their oppurtunity to suceed with the help and understanding of a man who's not only managed our young team at a League 1 standard, but brought alot of the squad through himself because his great work with the youth development.

If together next summer we will surely still have the young guns of now, we'll see the squad greatly improved through transfers and contracts, but most importantly, we will have a man loved by both fans and the board, running a club who need alot of improvement.
Mickey Adams left a club he built but didn't leave it in ruin, that same team finished in the Championship with or without Peter Taylor, we saw the great players he signed still succed at the club long after he was gone, the only manager to get high quality players in like Zamora, Cullip and Brooker who were all origanally loaned from higher leagued clubs.
All this whilst managing a club only new to the 'worst ground in the world.

I can't wait, I can understand why people will be upset, but when next season comes i'm sure they'll feel alot more positive than how they felt last season when our strikeforce was Revell and Robinson/Savage, when there were boos at games such as Cheltenham at home, the performances against mansfield and Port Vale and the lowest ever attendance at the Withdean.

Good Luck Mickey.

"Keep the faith"-Mickey Adams

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was ok to treat McGhee like shit far worse than Wilkins was it. Why the uproar football managing is a ruthless trade and Wilkins still has an important job offer with a decent salary at the club. He has not been sacked.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I worry about headling threads like this Dick Knight would be fully justified in telling us all to f*** off and where would we be then. Disgraceful behaviour.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Whether this was Dick Knight's decision or members of the board, the fact is they are not there to make popular decisions or be nice to people. If they felt that we would not go up with Dean Wilkins as manager (and I would agree with them up to a point) it is down to the board to make the brave decision and put someone else in charge. It is actually a very brave decision as if we have a bad start next year the flak will be on the board, not the manager. In the past, they have been criticised for keeping people too long but this time they have acted swiftly.

I am excited about who we will sign this summer now as I cannot see Micky returning unless guaranteed a fair amount of money to spend. If we have a good start suddenly all the people complaining now will be Dean who?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well, with the headline on the thread starter, Mr Burns, it seems to say more about you than our Chairman. I take it you're gonna go & say it to his face? :rolleyes:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Of course I will "support" Adams as long as he warrants it, but I definitely do not support his decision and I have grievous doubts about it working out well for this club.

Sums it up for me.

I dont understand how people can say the team are not moving forward under Wilkins?

To me it seems like a stunt to get more season tickets

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here