Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to partner Murray?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
You're very opinionated about everything on this board aren't you LondonBlue.

Maybe NSC is a bit like a club. If you've been a member for some time and have contributed to the history and the fabric of the thing then perhaps people are more tolerant of the occasionally stupid comment or foolish thread. There's also a context within which any comment or thread is made. However, if someone is new to that 'club', they have to expect to be treated slightly differently don't they? Not abused or slagged off (and contrary to what you say, it doens't happen to all newbies, only to those who behave inappropriately) but they are not in the collective memory - so there is bound to be less ability for people to interpret a newbie's comments. You earn respect, you earn your place at the table - it's not a right. NSC is a superb message board and it is moderated to a very high standard. That hands off approach to moderation is what allows threads about poo (and naked ladies, and hard animals, and cricket etc) to co-exist with a lot of chat about football.

You came onto the board (I suspect you're an old hand in actual fact) recently and have managed to position yourself as the 'newbie's champion'. Every post it seems you challenge someone's opinion and then invite what you see as the abuse from other posters. Inevitably you get it because you're so damn chippy. Maybe if you wound your neck in a bit, contributed more and moaned less and maybe took the stick out of your arse, you'd get more out of NSC. It's a very forgiving place. You won't do this - you don't strike me as the kind of person who takes advice - but thought I'd share my thoughts.

Brilliantly posted - sums up what a lot of us have been thinking reading his moaning lately. He must be the most annoying poster right now! :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
o·pin·ion·at·ed/əˈpinyəˌnātid/
Adjective: Conceitedly assertive and dogmatic in one's opinions.

Not the same as simply having an opinion. Mind you, that's just my opinion.

Fair enough, but what do you think about those that over-reacted to the original post / became very abusive? Perhaps they should all be banned for being so opinionated?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
And I'm sorry i'm new you have to start somewhere and I would this would be the right place with inside information on a huge transfer for Brighton.

Brighton Bruv, there is one simple rule on here, you toe the party line. Although this is a country of free speech, you'll find twats like TRHK calling for bans, left right and centre

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Here's a thought how about a ban for all those calling for bans. mmmmm I guess I've just got myself banned then !!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I think people do over-react - you're right BW. I guess it becomes a bit of a pavlovian reaction when they read posts like this. I used to love rumour threads - when they were few and far between and when often they were founded in some actual intel. Sadly, that excitement is tempered now because there seem to be so many threads started that are simply fiction. It's a shame - but there you go. So I can understand the reaction of users to this type of thread. Personally, I'm trying to over-react less...we'll see how that goes. In my opinion, I think you are very quick to lump people in together. Is it possible that sometimes people spontaneously react to a post without first speaking to each other and deciding to hound a poster like some kind of posse? What may look like a clique (and I don't believe there are any - just people with similar views) could in fact simply be people expressing THEIR opinion? You're a smart and experienced user of the site - I think you know this. I think you probably also know that this poster (londonblue) really does enjoy getting a bit of a reaction. The persecution complex ("the sharks are having a feeding frenzy" for example) seems to be about getting attention - no idea why. And why when he posts an opinion is it just that, but when others disagree, he always assumes they are picking on him and not simply expressing an opinion? See my point - you can't have it both ways.

PS As I suspected, LondonBlue has chosen not to actually thinkabout what I said, he's chosen to inerpret it - and other people agreeing with it - as an attack. Shame.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Brighton Bruv, there is one simple rule on here, you toe the party line. Although this is a country of free speech, you'll find twats like TRHK calling for bans, left right and centre

Where did I ask for this poster to be banned? You're a strange one Jimbo.GRFC, you really are.

And to make my point again, it's ok for you and your clone LondonBlue to have an opinion, but when I express mine I'm described as a twat. Don't you see the irony in almost everything you post.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
As usual, somebody posts a speculative post , rightly or wrongly, and in a few pages the original subject is forgotten about, then off on a tangent you all go !

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
On the other hand, if we banned everyone that talked crap on here, we wouldnt have anyone left!

Agree .... maybe we should start banning all the posters who start pathetic posts about any non football related item and stick a f***ing poll on it. At least the rumours are footy related and no people you don't have to read them but they are what they are rumours so you will probably find a 5% success rate meaning 95% are complete shit so what FFS.....

I really have no idea why people continue to take these threads to 6 or 7 pages and it seems to be the same people doing so. If a member has joined in January, 2011 and their first post is a transfer rumour then there is absolutely ZERO chance of it having any sort of validity. Yet people are knowingly bitting.

Why can't we just ignore these threads and let them fade into obscurity? Then we wouldn't have the usual seven pages of on topic devaluing the thread, then the usual SAUCE defense, then everyone going off on a tangent and the usual posters coming on and annoying people. It is incredibly boring!

These threads have become an excuse to moan about NSC members that other posters may have a problem with. Everyday there is a new "Gary Glitter to sign for 1.5 million thread" and they all go to 6-7 pages of utter, utter, utter CACK. Mods, please can we just have these threads removed, or a seperate, transfer rumour thread for the transfer windows so that only "OFFICIAL" or reported on rumours are shown on the main board?

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If a member has joined in January, 2011 and their first post is a transfer rumour then there is absolutely ZERO chance of it having any sort of validity. Yet people are knowingly bitting.

It's low, but I wouldn't say zero. There's always a chance it's a genuine rumour and the person has found this site to share it. For instance maybe Ronaldo has a cousin who lives in brighton, ronaldo asks his cousin if he can kip on their sofa because he's having a trial with brighton and need somewhere to stay, maybe that cousin will want to let brighton fans know and has a friend who mentioned NSC as the top site for albion fans. Said cousin then comes on here and lets us know with his first post.

Granted, the chances of it being ronaldo iare slim, but replace that with mackail-smith, or charlie austin, or anyone you choose, and you have a perfectly realistic scenario.

But, like I say, the chances are very low, just not zero. But how do you tell the difference? What if this is CMS's cousin through that scenario who now tells Craig how awful the fans were... For that reason I agree with this:

Why can't we just ignore these threads and let them fade into obscurity?

It's low, but I wouldn't say zero. There's always a chance it's a genuine rumour and the person has found this site to share it. For instance maybe Ronaldo has a cousin who lives in brighton, ronaldo asks his cousin if he can kip on their sofa because he's having a trial with brighton and need somewhere to stay, maybe that cousin will want to let brighton fans know and has a friend who mentioned NSC as the top site for albion fans. Said cousin then comes on here and lets us know with his first post.

Granted, the chances of it being ronaldo iare slim, but replace that with mackail-smith, or charlie austin, or anyone you choose, and you have a perfectly realistic scenario.

But, like I say, the chances are very low, just not zero. But how do you tell the difference? What if this is CMS's cousin through that scenario who now tells Craig how awful the fans were... For that reason I agree with this:

Fair point, Leon Knight, Hart and Butters coming on here are an example of this in a way. Still, you can tell if they are valid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here