Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to partner Murray?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I really have no idea why people continue to take these threads to 6 or 7 pages and it seems to be the same people doing so. If a member has joined in January, 2011 and their first post is a transfer rumour then there is absolutely ZERO chance of it having any sort of validity. Yet people are knowingly bitting.

Why can't we just ignore these threads and let them fade into obscurity? Then we wouldn't have the usual seven pages of on topic devaluing the thread, then the usual SAUCE defense, then everyone going off on a tangent and the usual posters coming on and annoying people. It is incredibly boring!

These threads have become an excuse to moan about NSC members that other posters may have a problem with. Everyday there is a new "Gary Glitter to sign for 1.5 million thread" and they all go to 6-7 pages of utter, utter, utter CACK. Mods, please can we just have these threads removed, or a seperate, transfer rumour thread for the transfer windows so that only "OFFICIAL" or reported on rumours are shown on the main board?

GARY GLITTER?! ? Bloody hell has Gus got himself a De Lorean to go and get him?

Sep 1, 2010
I really have no idea why people continue to take these threads to 6 or 7 pages and it seems to be the same people doing so. If a member has joined in January, 2011 and their first post is a transfer rumour then there is absolutely ZERO chance of it having any sort of validity. Yet people are knowingly bitting.

Why can't we just ignore these threads and let them fade into obscurity? Then we wouldn't have the usual seven pages of on topic devaluing the thread, then the usual SAUCE defense, then everyone going off on a tangent and the usual posters coming on and annoying people. It is incredibly boring!

These threads have become an excuse to moan about NSC members that other posters may have a problem with. Everyday there is a new "Gary Glitter to sign for 1.5 million thread" and they all go to 6-7 pages of utter, utter, utter CACK. Mods, please can we just have these threads removed, or a seperate, transfer rumour thread for the transfer windows so that only "OFFICIAL" or reported on rumours are shown on the main board?

Can you lend me a fiver?

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
It just bugs me how a lot of the group of people on here who can post stupid non football related comments can say anything whilst a new person comes on and says about a possible transfer maybe he wants that who knows they then told about being possibly banned.
Also like someone said some of north stand chat know eachother outside of interner forum, so if you know eachother why talk about things so childish as some comments see on here, why dont you just talk about it together, i dont call that Banter.
What disappoints me is it seems some of the mods actually take these people's sides before looking at the info to hand, eg oh no a regular poster has reported someone oh gee better ban them.
Its a bit sad.
Forums are supposed to be random and have a mix of things come up for discussion, also like said before people can choose to read thread if want or not, and just because the header is Mackell smith to brighton they dont have to read it, as if was true we would see it on our team website or a site like team talk.
I swear some of you old handers would love to have Falmer with just you supposed regular fans eg just a quarter full stadium, i know the club wouldnt agree with you on this, they said they need new fans so WAKE UP and get your heads out of your A....

Sep 1, 2010
teen_wolf_1.jpg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It just bugs me how a lot of the group of people on here who can post stupid non football related comments can say anything whilst a new person comes on and says about a possible transfer maybe he wants that who knows they then told about being possibly banned.
Also like someone said some of north stand chat know eachother outside of interner forum, so if you know eachother why talk about things so childish as some comments see on here, why dont you just talk about it together, i dont call that Banter.
What disappoints me is it seems some of the mods actually take these people's sides before looking at the info to hand, eg oh no a regular poster has reported someone oh gee better ban them.
Its a bit sad.
Forums are supposed to be random and have a mix of things come up for discussion, also like said before people can choose to read thread if want or not, and just because the header is Mackell smith to brighton they dont have to read it, as if was true we would see it on our team website or a site like team talk.
I swear some of you old handers would love to have Falmer with just you supposed regular fans eg just a quarter full stadium, i know the club wouldnt agree with you on this, they said they need new fans so WAKE UP and get your heads out of your A....

How can it possibly be a good thing for people to keep posting lies. If you don't shout these dickheads down it just encourages other dickheads to post their own lies

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

What are you rabbling on about? How do you get from people getting somewhat fed up of obvious and boring wind-up "rumours" to this shite? I do think people are getting more than a little precious about it and should just ignore these types of thread mind.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Its a bit sad.

i'm with you on this. regardless of whether it's bullshit (and isn't gossip etc why these forums exist? mindless or not), people asking for immediate gestapo style interrogation of source with immediate bans are dicks.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Its a bit sad.

I know exactly what you mean redarding the non football stuff, i actually stopped reading and posting on here, under an old account, because of the amount of shite about favorite sandwiches, favorite buscuits, favorite cereal, oh the list goes on. Then i looked at a Glasgow Rangers message board that had all non-football stuff banned and you know what? It was sooooo booorrriiinnngggg ZZzzz.

So totally agree, if you dont like the subject, just dont open it!

As for this thread, i dont think its so much what the OP posted as his timing, fresh off the back of Davesviews and all the other idiots that have come along recently which i think we can all agree were utter tripe.

I would love to hear that CMS has signed for the Albion, i dont think its very likely, but then when you start reading between the lines of that statement from Peterboro last night, Gary Johnson has left Peterboro because he couldnt see eye to eye with the chairman, could be he didnt like the fact that Aaron Maclean has been sold and has maybe been told that CMS has to go too? What to a league one rival? Is it possible?

Am i reading to much into that statement? Yeah probably, but it is a probably not a definately!

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I was going on about some people on here moaning heh that we getting Falmer and will get a bunch of new members because more fans consistently watching Brighton (hmm that happens when get a bigger ground means not happy with amount of fans get at withdean) i just find it unbelieveable, also if you guys find the threads boring its EASY dont open it and read it, plenty of other threads to read.
If you see it was started by someone you dont know dont read it, easy and then wont wind you up and if is rubbish and no one reacts they wont post anymore will they, not rocket science.
But asking for them to be banned when the rumour could still be true is sad.
Also anyone hear transfers normally start out to be a rumour eg Noone and the biggest one of recent years was Tevez and Mascareno to west ham, i was like oh no way but it happened.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Where is ronnie o'sullivan the poster these days?

His source is spot on and is the only person you can really trust on here.

I know he's recently had a bubba mate

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
[Comment From Driver8 Driver8: ]
Do you think the names appearing on NSC as possibe striker targets, Austin/Mackail-Smith etc are realistic or should we be lowering our expectations a bit.
Tuesday January 11, 2011 1:30 Driver8

1:34
A lot of what you read on NSC is tosh. You do wonder sometimes what planet people are on when you see some of the names mentioned and people claiming to be 'in the know'. NSC has its place as good knockabout fun for fans but, if you want authentic info, I think The Argus is your best bet.

I don't think this answered the question?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[Comment From Driver8 Driver8: ]
Do you think the names appearing on NSC as possibe striker targets, Austin/Mackail-Smith etc are realistic or should we be lowering our expectations a bit.
Tuesday January 11, 2011 1:30 Driver8

1:34
A lot of what you read on NSC is tosh. You do wonder sometimes what planet people are on when you see some of the names mentioned and people claiming to be 'in the know'. NSC has its place as good knockabout fun for fans but, if you want authentic info, I think The Argus is your best bet.

Kinda funny comment given the number of albion stories in the argus that were seemingly born on here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here