Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to partner Murray?

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
My wife's uncles Bolivian great-aunts nieces brother's love child's surrogate son's grandad who used to be his granny is driving his taxi to a landing strip somewhere in Sussex as we speak
:ascarf:

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
My wife's uncles Bolivian great-aunts nieces brother's love child's surrogate son's grandad who used to be his granny is driving his taxi to a landing strip somewhere in Sussex as we speak
:ascarf:

i think he is actually driving your wifes landing strip right now

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
So spoof threads from 'newbies' are tedious, spoof threads from seasoned posters are 'banter' ... :facepalm:

I personally think a fair few people need to chill out on this message board. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's embarrassing to watch, this thread being a prime example. Wind your necks in and remember this is a message board, no more and no less.

Awaits abuse from the 'bantering regs'.

Couldn't agree with you more. A few weeks ago a regular started a thread about the amount of sh.t he had around his toilet bowl and loads of people on here thought it was really funny. Start a footy thread and get flamed.
The mods should look at some of the regs and not just newbies.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Joking aside I do feel that some people have made the right suggestion in having a rumour of player signing sub section on the board. Then when it actually happens you can have the ***official*** xxxxx signs thread...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is this really so unrealistic? May I point out that we are top of league 1, with a chairman who has financial clout, brilliant manager, excellent squad, and new stadium on the horizon...

The over-reaction to this rumour, whether it turns out to be true or not, is what really p1sses me off...

This is a fcuking message board...

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Hang on though Brettles, with all those forwards, the goals are going to have to be divvied out. Therefore we STILL haven't got our 20 goal striker.

f***ing shambles...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So spoof threads from 'newbies' are tedious, spoof threads from seasoned posters are 'banter' ... :facepalm:

I personally think a fair few people need to chill out on this message board. When it's good it's good, when it's bad it's embarrassing to watch, this thread being a prime example. Wind your necks in and remember this is a message board, no more and no less.

Awaits abuse from the 'bantering regs'.

You're very opinionated about everything on this board aren't you LondonBlue.

Maybe NSC is a bit like a club. If you've been a member for some time and have contributed to the history and the fabric of the thing then perhaps people are more tolerant of the occasionally stupid comment or foolish thread. There's also a context within which any comment or thread is made. However, if someone is new to that 'club', they have to expect to be treated slightly differently don't they? Not abused or slagged off (and contrary to what you say, it doens't happen to all newbies, only to those who behave inappropriately) but they are not in the collective memory - so there is bound to be less ability for people to interpret a newbie's comments. You earn respect, you earn your place at the table - it's not a right. NSC is a superb message board and it is moderated to a very high standard. That hands off approach to moderation is what allows threads about poo (and naked ladies, and hard animals, and cricket etc) to co-exist with a lot of chat about football.

You came onto the board (I suspect you're an old hand in actual fact) recently and have managed to position yourself as the 'newbie's champion'. Every post it seems you challenge someone's opinion and then invite what you see as the abuse from other posters. Inevitably you get it because you're so damn chippy. Maybe if you wound your neck in a bit, contributed more and moaned less and maybe took the stick out of your arse, you'd get more out of NSC. It's a very forgiving place. You won't do this - you don't strike me as the kind of person who takes advice - but thought I'd share my thoughts.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
If the deal falls through then yes but there is defiantly a chance of the deal. So ban me if you wish but I just though the fans might want to know about a possible deal for one of the best strikers in the league.

The fans?? What the f**k do you sound like, you ARSE

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK

Maybe NSC is a bit like a club. If you've been a member for some time and have contributed to the history and the fabric of the thing then perhaps people are more tolerant of the occasionally stupid comment or foolish thread. There's also a context within which any comment or thread is made. However, if someone is new to that 'club', they have to expect to be treated slightly differently don't they? Not abused or slagged off (and contrary to what you say, it doens't happen to all newbies, only to those who behave inappropriately) but they are not in the collective memory - so there is bound to be less ability for people to interpret a newbie's comments. You earn respect, you earn your place at the table - it's not a right. NSC is a superb message board and it is moderated to a very high standard. That hands off approach to moderation is what allows threads about poo (and naked ladies, and hard animals, and cricket etc) to co-exist with a lot of chat about football.

You came onto the board (I suspect you're an old hand in actual fact) recently and have managed to position yourself as the 'newbie's champion'. Every post it seems you challenge someone's opinion and then invite what you see as the abuse from other posters. Inevitably you get it because you're so damn chippy. Maybe if you wound your neck in a bit, contributed more and moaned less and maybe took the stick out of your arse, you'd get more out of NSC. It's a very forgiving place. You won't do this - you don't strike me as the kind of person who takes advice - but thought I'd share my thoughts.

Brilliant post TRHK :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Also Mr Blue may I suggest that some people on here actually know each other in real life, some of us knew each other before NSC and I have met some people from NSC as well.

Thats why sometimes you may think its longstanding posters "bantering", yes sometimes it is because we actually KNOW them and not just by their internet "persona".

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

ok. here we go then................................

THIS

:lolol:

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So giving opinions on a message board is now a bad thing?

The clique rears its very ugly head again...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
You're very opinionated about everything on this board aren't you LondonBlue. (errrrr yes it is a board of opinions?)

Confirmed, thank you kind sir. :cool:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here