Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to partner Murray?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Maybe there should be a rule that stops you from posting until you gave been registered for one month as a new member. It would stop alot of the newbie wind up wankers from coming on as they please

Nice idea, not sure how easy it would be to implement though!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Maybe there should be a rule that stops you from posting until you gave been registered for one month as a new member. It would stop alot of the newbie wind up wankers from coming on as they please

In all honesty it is just as easy to deal with them as they come on, with the real idiots they make themselves known very quickly, and in all fairness to the genuine members they report these straight away, to start immplementing certain crteria would be unfair to the large majority of genuine people.
I do honestly beleive that we as mods act pretty quickly when it comes to things like this. but we do rely on the genuine members to report issues and thanks to those that do :thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Sounds good to me, if they had to wait a month the transfer window would be shut and so not much point in registering!
If on the other hand you are a genuine fan who has been watching for a while and decided to join in, well whats anothyer month?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is something we are well aware of, I am in fact checking out all new members as they join, and erasing any spam in the signiture area and if there is a connection with the IP addresses to known idiots, they are banned before they start!
You are right in what you say, we will get a few more, but dealt with correctly they wil go as quick as they come.

How much will it cost? BBS has a huge amount of members and I think it is the same host as NSC. I guess you will be needing some more mods eventually.

you are all gonna look silly in the morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I always look silly in the mornings. Besides, I am not discounting this rumour.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You can produce random ip addresses but i wouldn't know myself.

There are at least two ways that i know of which you can use, one very easy, the other a bit more complicated, but most windup merchants probably wouldn't know either option.

Now having a cookie comparison and password checker would help! That is what they use with the Tribalwars.co.uk game

Sep 1, 2010
But it's too easy. At least if you do not get your confirmation e mail for a month any genuine fan wanting to join would be happy to wait. I know wind up ppl could wait but most of them want to wind ppl up there and then

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
how about having a Rumour Mill subsection for transfer speculation?

it would remove the attention-seeking incentive if it was off the main board. once a transfer has been confirmed, the thread can get promoted to the Big Board and the OP can bask in the glory of sourciness.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Sounds good to me, if they had to wait a month the transfer window would be shut and so not much point in registering!
If on the other hand you are a genuine fan who has been watching for a while and decided to join in, well whats anothyer month?

We both posted above at the same time, but another month to a genuine member is unfair in my opinion, all boards have there share of idiots, if they are dealt with straight away, they soon go away, it is something you will never really stop.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
There are at least two ways that i know of which you can use, one very easy, the other a bit more complicated, but most windup merchants probably wouldn't know either option.

Now having a cookie comparison and password checker would help! That is what they use with the Tribalwars.co.uk game

I'm not too up on the IP side of things, but with so many dynamic ips around ( as opposed to static ), wouldn't that make it difficult to trace?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
you are all gonna look silly in the morning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not you.Infact i bet you are the same poster using a different pc.

Your history of rumours are shit.
I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
On the other hand, if we banned everyone that talked crap on here, we wouldnt have anyone left!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

think that is taking it too far really. The idiots stand out and can quickly be identified and banned if necessary but now (as seems likely) they are generating new IP addresses no ban will be effective 100%. They will just keep coming back under another guise.

Best thing to do is report it when you see it and post a troll alert on the thread - then hopefully people will stop biting and the idiots will eventually drift on to annoy someone else.................back to oatcake maybe

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not too up on the IP side of things, but with so many dynamic ips around ( as opposed to static ), wouldn't that make it difficult to trace?

indeed but they would likely come from the same range of Ip, so it would be an indication that it is the same poster, if not definitive. You can, very easily, get a completely different ip which would make detection much harder

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here