Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith to partner Murray?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
[Comment From Driver8 Driver8: ]
Do you think the names appearing on NSC as possibe striker targets, Austin/Mackail-Smith etc are realistic or should we be lowering our expectations a bit.
Tuesday January 11, 2011 1:30 Driver8

1:34
A lot of what you read on NSC is tosh. You do wonder sometimes what planet people are on when you see some of the names mentioned and people claiming to be 'in the know'. NSC has its place as good knockabout fun for fans but, if you want authentic info, I think The Argus is your best bet.

I don't think this answered the question?

I thought it was an honest enough question.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
QUOTE=garethjamesuk;3902911]It just bugs me how a lot of the group of people on here who can post stupid non football related comments can say anything whilst a new person comes on and says about a possible transfer maybe he wants that who knows they then told about being possibly banned.
Also like someone said some of north stand chat know eachother outside of interner forum, so if you know eachother why talk about things so childish as some comments see on here, why dont you just talk about it together, i dont call that Banter.
What disappoints me is it seems some of the mods actually take these people's sides before looking at the info to hand, eg oh no a regular poster has reported someone oh gee better ban them.
Its a bit sad.
Forums are supposed to be random and have a mix of things come up for discussion, also like said before people can choose to read thread if want or not, and just because the header is Mackell smith to brighton they dont have to read it, as if was true we would see it on our team website or a site like team talk.
I swear some of you old handers would love to have Falmer with just you supposed regular fans eg just a quarter full stadium, i know the club wouldnt agree with you on this, they said they need new fans so WAKE UP and get your heads out of your A....[/QUOTE]

Why don't you man up and name me...seeing as i think i am the only mod to have replied on this thread :lolol: and I can assure you, you are completly wrong, and your allowed an opinion like anyone else, but get your facts right on the whole issue, I have not banned the person, it was and still is possible the person in question is part of the twats who have been ruining the board recently, and everything i did, i did publicly for all to see.

I can also assure you that I or indeed any of the other mods treat regulars any differant to anyone else, there are many regulars on here who have been banned quite a few times, we do not discriminate in any way.

And if i really do dissapoint you, get in the queue, as my wife has first dibs and I can promise you i dissapoint her alot more than i do you :lolol:

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
have posted the question on their main forum london road and they all think its total and utter bullshit

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think people do over-react - you're right BW. I guess it becomes a bit of a pavlovian reaction when they read posts like this. I used to love rumour threads - when they were few and far between and when often they were founded in some actual intel. Sadly, that excitement is tempered now because there seem to be so many threads started that are simply fiction. It's a shame - but there you go. So I can understand the reaction of users to this type of thread. Personally, I'm trying to over-react less...we'll see how that goes. In my opinion, I think you are very quick to lump people in together. Is it possible that sometimes people spontaneously react to a post without first speaking to each other and deciding to hound a poster like some kind of posse? What may look like a clique (and I don't believe there are any - just people with similar views) could in fact simply be people expressing THEIR opinion? You're a smart and experienced user of the site - I think you know this. I think you probably also know that this poster (londonblue) really does enjoy getting a bit of a reaction. The persecution complex ("the sharks are having a feeding frenzy" for example) seems to be about getting attention - no idea why. And why when he posts an opinion is it just that, but when others disagree, he always assumes they are picking on him and not simply expressing an opinion? See my point - you can't have it both ways.

PS As I suspected, LondonBlue has chosen not to actually thinkabout what I said, he's chosen to inerpret it - and other people agreeing with it - as an attack. Shame.

Again fair enough... I'm just concerned that the over-reaction of many will mean genuine people will stop posting rumours at all, even if they believe they have inside info...

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Why don't you man up and name me...seeing as i think i am the only mod to have replied on this thread :lolol: and I can assure you, you are completly wrong, and your allowed an opinion like anyone else, but get your facts right on the whole issue, I have not banned the person, it was and still is possible the person in question is part of the twats who have been ruining the board recently, and everything i did, i did publicly for all to see.

I can also assure you that I or indeed any of the other mods treat regulars any differant to anyone else, there are many regulars on here who have been banned quite a few times, we do not discriminate in any way.

And if i really do dissapoint you, get in the queue, as my wife has first dibs and I can promise you i dissapoint her alot more than i do you :lolol:[/QUOTE]

Ive got no problem at all maning up as you say naming yourself as it was obvious i was talking to you hitony as you as a mod supposed to be encouraging the board and wanting new people to join, not saying its easy to ban people, i just thought your acting like a little puppet for all these people who cry wolf when see a comment they dont agree on so come running to you to ban them.
We are supposed to be a football club and within a football club is fans, all fans are different and have different views and opinions, what some of the getalong gang like others find annoying and what other people outside of this feel obviousally annoys the fanatics on here.
But is no reason to ban people because feel differently, like ive said before if they see a post by someone who is new and titled a rumour, DONT read it, not hard, i pick and choose what i read but some of the childish comments on here that dont want new fans to support Albion is pathetic.
I also have no problem speaking my mind either on here or face to face in my life and thats why i have commented which a forum is supposed to be about, opinions or is that only allowed for specific few in here with brownie points.
Or do we want north stand chat to be purely what type of bread do you eat ? do you put your right shoe on first ? hmm thats interesting NOT. i prefer to see rumours as showing our ambition that at last able to hope for players like Mackell Smith joining us.
Yes unlikely but not unrealistic thats what this is about.
Supposed to be a free world and even the internet is turning into who you know and therefore stating what your allowed to post.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
have posted the question on their main forum london road and they all think its total and utter bullshit

Wow! That IS a shock... a la Greer?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005

And if i really do dissapoint you, get in the queue, as my wife has first dibs and I can promise you i dissapoint her alot more than i do you :lolol:

Ive got no problem at all maning up as you say naming yourself as it was obvious i was talking to you hitony as you as a mod supposed to be encouraging the board and wanting new people to join, not saying its easy to ban people, i just thought your acting like a little puppet for all these people who cry wolf when see a comment they dont agree on so come running to you to ban them.
We are supposed to be a football club and within a football club is fans, all fans are different and have different views and opinions, what some of the getalong gang like others find annoying and what other people outside of this feel obviousally annoys the fanatics on here.
But is no reason to ban people because feel differently, like ive said before if they see a post by someone who is new and titled a rumour, DONT read it, not hard, i pick and choose what i read but some of the childish comments on here that dont want new fans to support Albion is pathetic.
I also have no problem speaking my mind either on here or face to face in my life and thats why i have commented which a forum is supposed to be about, opinions or is that only allowed for specific few in here with brownie points.
Or do we want north stand chat to be purely what type of bread do you eat ? do you put your right shoe on first ? hmm thats interesting NOT. i prefer to see rumours as showing our ambition that at last able to hope for players like Mackell Smith joining us.
Yes unlikely but not unrealistic thats what this is about.
Supposed to be a free world and even the internet is turning into who you know and therefore stating what your allowed to post.[/QUOTE]

So you think I am the Mod who reacts to what the regulars want me to do on here? :lolol: if that is the case you are so wrong, most of the regulars on here wouldnt piss on me if i was on fire!!!! and apart from one member on here I don't actually know any of them, and he is banned at the moment!!!
Your take on what NSC is and what happens on here is just all wrong, I will repeat myself, I did not ban the person in question as some wanted me to do, I did however do some research on the person (as a mod should) and could not prove it to be who some thought it may be, so i recorded everything in public for all to see, I think its called transparency!!
You speak about childish comments, this is a message board, you will always get childish comments for many differant reasons, non of us mods can stop that, it would be a full time job editing and deleting and sorting out whats what, absolutly impossible, that said we as mods do a very good job in moderating the board, hence why it is and has been for a long time, very successfull, hence why we get other supporters using this board more than there own in some cases.
I said in my last post you are as entitled to an opinion as anyone else, but please be aware that opinions will get ripped to bits, "IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD"!! and thats what happens on a messageboard.
And no one is trying to stop the rumours, the rumours have and will carry on as long as the messageboard is in existance, but what we do want to stop is the idiots we have experienced lately, maybe you have not seen what they have been doing but it is nothing differant to a bunch of guys chatting in a pub and a load of idiots come in and ruin the balance of whats going on, thats ALL we want to stop.
And your last couple of lines bemuse me so much I won't even answer it, basically because I can't, all i can say is it is a free world and NSC is free as well, in its entry and in its speech, within reason, but within reason does not stop you or anyone else saying who they think is joining the club, but if you do, please be aware that there are others out there that might just not agree with you.
And to conclude, I personally do not know of one member who has been banned for saying "So and SO" might be joining the albion, I do know plenty that have been banned for being utter twats though!! and that comment is NOT aimed at you, it is aimned at the idiots who try to spoil peoples enjoyment on here.
As I say to all members, if there is ever anything i can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me via the PM system, that way i will definatly see it, and if you have a problem with any post, just report it, like last night, just because it got reported it does not mean something will get done about it though, but i can guarantee it will get looked into by the first mod who recieves it.
Cheers
Tony :thumbsup:

Edit : Just thought, i do know another member apart from the one that is banned, Mackenzie, he lives down this neck of the woods and we have met a few times, just wanted to keep things above board :)

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Tony any chance you could space between paragraphs. It makes it very difficult to read.

very good point and yes i will........(as long as this does not constitute me doing what ever members want me to do :eek:)......JOKE!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
to summarise:

comfortable wins for the mods (Hitony) and common sense (newbie Trev the bev)

Oh yeah comfortable win heh, guys like you make me laugh.
With regard to Tony thanks for your comments and i do agree with what you say above but just thought earlier you were jumping on the bangwagon 2 early and mods supposed to not do that.
I just felt i had to make opinion and i also see a few people on here agreed with what i have said, so makes worth while.
Also i think your right Tony that North stand chat is very popular but i know a lot of people who goto withdean frequently will not use north stand chat as they think its non football related 90% of time.
But i love the way other fans come on here and make comments as the banter is what sport is about, not banter about bread etc. or whatever stupid posts see sometimes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With regard to Tony thanks for your comments and i do agree with what you say above but just thought earlier you were jumping on the bangwagon 2 early and mods supposed to not do that.
I just felt i had to make opinion and i also see a few people on here agreed with what i have said, so makes worth while.

not having a go gj.

a bit of banter and a good challenge is what it should be all about :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
Also i think your right Tony that North stand chat is very popular but i know a lot of people who goto withdean frequently will not use north stand chat as they think its non football related 90% of time.
But i love the way other fans come on here and make comments as the banter is what sport is about, not banter about bread etc. or whatever stupid posts see sometimes.

Well done, you did well, I never normally get drawn into a one to one like that, carry on and you will be a regular soon !!! :lolol::lolol:

Oh and can I thank the member who just PMd me and said.......quote "Don't worry I would Piss on you if you were on fire and i would crap and puke on you as well",,,this is comforting to me, thanks again. :lolol::lolol:

I would say who the sender was, but i dont think i should..........

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
Well done, you did well, I never normally get drawn into a one to one like that, carry on and you will be a regular soon !!! :lolol::lolol:

Oh and can I thank the member who just PMd me and said.......quote "Don't worry I would Piss on you if you were on fire and i would crap and puke on you as well",,,this is comforting to me, thanks again. :lolol::lolol:

I would say who the sender was, but i dont think i should..........

Please tell us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here