Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to Southend

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Silent Bob said:
Well it's none of that because it was in response to a question from Hawesy on SCR after the match, I think asking him about only scoring when coming off the bench.

I don't know why you think NAylor would embellish what CKR said, with his pro-McGhee stance.

Only saw it in the Argus didn't know it came from Hawes - just substitute his name for Naylor because some of the scenarios still remain the same.

Agree with you on the second part just putting in the three different possibilities.

What I'm trying to get at is that we don't really know - it could all just be about money for what we know.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
London Irish said:
Facts, yeah right - you (rabid anti McGhee) lot wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the arse, all you deal in is rumour, speculation and innuendo.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
Do you deny that there has been more 'fall outs' with the manager this year than any of the last few seasons?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not majorly so, both Leon and Big Mac were acting up last season, the only real significant one this season is Michelle Pfeiffer and that's because we signed a young international-class keeper who he didn't have the guts to compete against.

??? ??? ???

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Re the coca cola money, It was mentioned on here a lot that the 250k was most likely made up of a fee of around 100k and wages over the period of the contract. So if the player moves on, surely Coca Cola will want the money that hasn't been spent on wages back?

Surely Jam the Man will have to pay back pro rata too :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What makes me laugh is you have LI who almost refuses to believe MM would get involved in any dispute with a player or that disputes even took place and MM outers who blame MM for any hint of a spat, going on about his man management. Well lets be honesty there have obviously been disputes but you can't always hold MM up as responsible.

Leon - Obviously dispute, turns out Leon is quite the little shit and maybe unmanageble.

McCammon - Dispute, a bit sketchy but seems to be a playing dispute that turned into a personal argument.

Kuipers - Who really knows, there is a dispute and it seems to be about playing but what exactly we do not know. MM doesn't rate him? Not happy at being dropped for Flo? Not happy at purchase/emergance of Hendo?

Reid - Who knows?

CKR - Who knows?

We all know how even local rags can make things look more interesting than they are. Perhaps we should just accept that there is some middle ground. MM's man management could be better on occasions, some of the players could behave more professionally on occasions.

Last edited:

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Les Biehn said:
What makes me laugh is you have LI who almost refuses to believe MM would get involved in any dispute with a player or that disputes even took place and MM outers who blame MM for any hint of a spat, going on about his man management. Well lets be honesty there have obviously been disputes but you can't always hold MM up as responsible.

Leon - Obviously dispute, turns out Leon is quite the little shit and maybe unmanageble.

McCammon - Dispute, a bit sketchy but seems to be a playing dispute that turned into a personal argument.

Reid - Who knows?

CKR - Who knows?

We all know how even local rags can make things look more interesting than they are. Perhaps we should just accept that there is some middle ground. MM's man management could be better on occasions, some of the players could behave more professionally on occasions.

Stop trying to mediate. It's more fun when it gets nasty.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ban Les Biehn ! :angry: :angry: :angry:

He is trying to bring balance and facts into a thread and therefor destroying everything NSC stands for and holds dear :censored: :censored:

D

Deleted member 2719

Les Biehn said:

Reid - Who knows?

CKR - Who knows?

I accept your views but don't you ever feel like jumping off the fence and making a decision.

Do you think MM is a good manager or not.

It's as simple as that.

Come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here..............

;)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Mouldy Boots said:
I accept your views but don't you ever feel like jumping off the fence and making a decision.

Do you think MM is a good manager or not.

It's as simple as that.

Come and join us, come and join us, come and join us over here..............

;)

I have aired my views on many an occasion (witness numerous aruments with LI and numerous debates with MM outers, particularly Uncle B) but it is my considered opinion that in these 'disputes' both parties are partly responsible, apart from the ones that are unsubstantiated because how can we really know if they took place in the first place.

For the record I am pro MM. He is loyal, has made some good signings, worked very hard and done well considering the limitations. However I do feel the coaching team needs some new blood because I don't think he is particularly good at getting the best out of players and tactically he is sometimes not that great. I think this was part of the reason behind DWilkins promotion and is why I am looking forward to next season.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Les Biehn said:
I have aired my views on many an occasion (witness numerous aruments with LI and numerous debates with MM outers, particularly Uncle B) but it is my considered opinion that in these 'disputes' both parties are partly responsible, apart from the ones that are unsubstantiated because how can we really know if they took place in the first place.

For the record I am pro MM. He is loyal, has made some good signings, worked very hard and done well considering the limitations. However I do feel the coaching team needs some new blood because I don't think he is particularly good at getting the best out of players and tactically he is sometimes not that great. I think this was part of the reason behind DWilkins promotion and is why I am looking forward to next season.

Thanks for stating your position on this.

I agree no one can actually say what has happened in house but i purely have to make a decision on do i think MM is a good manager and have to judge him on what he does on the pitch and the team performances and last year were generally very poor and i put the blame mainly at McGhee.

MM supporters seem to be talking a manager up who is poor to average at best IMO.

Do you really feel he has been loyal or is it just know one else wants him at the moment?

Maybe he is trying to make his CV look better because it does not read very loyal at the moment, who knows but that would be my guess.

To get back to the thread i think CKR has great potential and i see Deano getting out of him, let's just hope he does stay if the rumours are true.

:albion:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton till i die said:
CKR will set light to League 1 if he stays with us. you can bounce this thread in 12months and quote me. he will get 12+ goals, and be f***ing awsome!;)

12 is NOT setting the div alight, IMHO... 25+ required a la Leon...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
BUTTERBALL said:
Bad news if true. However, he was good mates with Leon Knight and Jarrett, so it would not be a total surprise. Big shame though. Good player with great potential.

That's what I was thinking... he is mates with that fcuking sh1t-stirring little w@nker Leon Knight... he's probably been whispering in CKR's shell-like... as someone said earlier, CKR would be wise to stick around in league 1 and bag a few goals (which I believe he will do if he stays), rather than moving and failing to score many in a team that is likely to struggle in the CCC...

I would also be surprised if Southend are willing and able to put up the kind of dosh we would require to sell... surely, well into 6 figures...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
Who knows. Everyone seems to be able to spend money that we can only dream about. If someone buys Eatwood off them, they will have LOADS to spend. He'd go for £1m+

Now you REALLY are in the land of pure conjecture...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
B.W. said:
12 is NOT setting the div alight, IMHO... 25+ required a la Leon...

he doesn't need to score a shed-load of goals to set the league alight. If he scores 12-15, creates chances every game and generally carves up the opposition at will then he will, IMO, have set the league alight.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
CKR made comments stating he didn't know why he wasn't in the team. Fact.
Paul Reid made comments intimating he felt a vital game against Crewe was no time to be tinkering and that he didn't understand why he'd been dropped. Fact.
Leon Knight said "Kenny Jackett is the opposite type of manager to Mark McGhee. He has spoken to me and that's all a player can ask." . Fact.

Going well... then you mentioned Leon... I wouldn't trust that to$$er's views on any manager... and certainly not MM; I don't think the poison dwarf has a balanced view of our manager... do you?...

But... too many players have fallen out with MM now for it to be coincidence... he must be doing something wrong...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
London Irish said:
Not majorly so, both Leon and Big Mac were acting up last season, the only real significant one this season is Michelle Pfeiffer and that's because we signed a young international-class keeper who he didn't have the guts to compete against.

Don't be a tw@t... FDM is a better keeper than Hendo at the moment, IMHO... it is sad that a Brighton legend who has served the club so well over many seasons (unlike Hendo) is dismissed by an idiotic comment like your one above...

I know this might upset you, but MM is far from perfect, and he has CONSISTENTLY demonstrated poor man-management skills... if it was just the poison dwarf, then I would side with MM, but he has fallen out with too many players...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here