Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to Southend

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Just got in from running some errands. Shate pank. If this is true than I am f***ing pissed off.:angry: :angry:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
blockhseagull said:
Love him to stay, but does anyone think he really is a 20 goal a season striker.... he doesn't get into the box !!!

Dont think CKR is an out and out striker. As the guys at Bury said, his best position is playing in the hole behind the front guy.

I still think he is one our most exciting signings and the potential to create openings and score around 12 to 15 a season.

We still need a good front striker however such as GNW

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Facts, yeah right - you rabid anti McGhee lot wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the arse, all you deal in is rumour, speculation and innuendo.
CKR made comments stating he didn't know why he wasn't in the team. Fact.
Paul Reid made comments intimating he felt a vital game against Crewe was no time to be tinkering and that he didn't understand why he'd been dropped. Fact.
Leon Knight said "Kenny Jackett is the opposite type of manager to Mark McGhee. He has spoken to me and that's all a player can ask." . Fact.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Adriodinho said:
CKR IS A BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION LEGEND IN THE MAKING

CKR IS BRIGHTON FOR LIFE

CKR IS BRIGHTON FOR LIFE

CKR IS BRIGHTON FOR LIFE

what constitutes a legend in the making .. if thats the case so are any other players who have turned out for us last season

ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Do you deny that there has been more 'fall outs' with the manager this year than any of the last few seasons?
Not majorly so, both Leon and Big Mac were acting up last season, the only real significant one this season is Michelle Pfeiffer and that's because we signed a young international-class keeper who he didn't have the guts to compete against.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
If CKR leaves then we really are stuck. OK, he has only scored 6 goals this season but he has real potential. It would have to be quite a good offer as I can't see us selling him for a small sum.

Silent Bob said:
Paul Reid made comments intimating he felt a vital game against Crewe was no time to be tinkering and that he didn't understand why he'd been dropped. Fact.
Leon Knight said "Kenny Jackett is the opposite type of manager to Mark McGhee. He has spoken to me and that's all a player can ask." . Fact.

"Intimating" :lolol: You just make it up as you go along don't you?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
On the Left Wing said:
Dont think CKR is an out and out striker. As the guys at Bury said, his best position is playing in the hole behind the front guy.

I still think he is one our most exciting signings and the potential to create openings and score around 12 to 15 a season.

We still need a good front striker however such as GNW

I agree with this.

Problem being though for him to become the player he has the potential to be he needs to be playing off a decent striker, somthing we neither have..or are likely to have.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Er guys, before you start one of you LI v MM outers thread take overs shall we just see what happens and find out if it is true or not.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
"Intimating" :lolol: You just make it up as you go along don't you?

in·ti·mate tr.v. in·ti·mat·ed, in·ti·mat·ing, in·ti·mates

1. To make known subtly and indirectly; hint. See Synonyms at suggest.
2. To announce; proclaim.

:)

Last edited:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Im not jumping on the bandwagon and saying I know he wants to leave but when he was on the bench a couple of times this year with Michel Kuipers theres no doubt the two of them werent happy. They were talking and throwing there arms up looking towards the bench when warming up down by B block. I wouldnt be suprised if CKR has been influenced by leon and chel who have both obviously fallen out with MM.

Loft23

Dec 11, 2004
Burgess Hill
Les Biehn said:
Er guys, before you start one of you LI v MM outers thread take overs shall we just see what happens and find out if it is true or not.

I agree. There are probably quite a few strikers on that list they have.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Silent Bob said:
How is stating several facts a conspiracy theory? ???

A conspiracy is attacking McGhee everytime a player says that he is disappointed to have been dropped or some rumour comes up about a player that may not even be true.

Reid said that he was surprised/disappointed to be dropped. Well that is a shock, I would be disappointed if he said he was pleased or not surprised that he had been dropped.

But, of course he got on with it and played well for the reserves, and got back into the team. That is how mature players react not by refusing to sit on the bench or sulking when substituted.

We have Mark McGhee for the start of next season now. Why not wait until you have seen who is staying/leaving/signing and give him a few games into next season before continuing your moaning. Or is that too much to ask?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sid James said:
I think the tide could be against you there Les :lolol:

Far be it from me to be a bastion of sanity in amongst the one-up-man-ship and speculation of a few rogue elements on this board.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Silent Bob said:

The fact is that it appeared in the Argus saying he did not know why. Without CKR or MM writing down the actual reason why we do not know the answer. There are a number of ways to look at this:

1. Naylor asked him the question and he geniunely responded he did not know.
2. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to hide behind not knowing.
3. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to emphasis that he did not know in order to send out a message.
4. Naylor asked him the question and he did not know but decided to emphasis the question in order to send out a message.
5. Naylor asked the question and he did not know but knew Naylor knew MM quite well and wanted to get a message across.
6. Naylor made it all up because nobody knew that CKR did not know why MM knew that he did not know.

Going on from the interview you then have to judge whether Naylor embellished what CKR said or just reported exactly what he did say or indeed soften what CKR said.

At the end of the day the only fact is that it appeared in the Argus we cannot prove one way or another in what context it was said. If you are you are dealing with speculation which is grounded in nothing factual whatsoever but somebody's own interpretation of events.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Surely whether the Coca Cola deal was 1 or 2 years doesn't affect the player, only the club. Can't see how CC can stop a player moving if he wants to, (restraint of trade etc.) but they may be able to recover some of the prize money from us.

Also at sponsors dinner CKR told me that another player who has received a lot of stick on NSC, Mark McCammon, was his favourite forward to play along side and that it was a shame he was out of the squad. Also according to DK, looks as tho we can't afford GNW, not sure he's any better than McCammon anyway, but maybe CKR can't see us signing anyone even half decent this summer so it's not worth his while hanging around?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Theatre of Trees said:
The fact is that it appeared in the Argus saying he did not know why. Without CKR or MM writing down the actual reason why we do not know the answer. There are a number of ways to look at this:

2. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to hide behind not knowing.
3. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to emphasis that he did not know in order to send out a message.
4. Naylor asked him the question and he did not know but decided to emphasis the question in order to send out a message.
5. Naylor asked the question and he did not know but knew Naylor knew MM quite well and wanted to get a message across.
6. Naylor made it all up because nobody knew that CKR did not know why MM knew that he did not know.

Going on from the interview you then have to judge whether Naylor embellished what CKR said or just reported exactly what he did say or indeed soften what CKR said.

At the end of the day the only fact is that it appeared in the Argus we cannot prove one way or another in what context it was said. If you are you are dealing with speculation which is grounded in nothing factual whatsoever but somebody's own interpretation of events.
Well it's none of that because it was in response to a question from Hawesy on SCR after the match, I think asking him about only scoring when coming off the bench.

I don't know why you think NAylor would embellish what CKR said, with his pro-McGhee stance.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Theatre of Trees said:

Are thr people's Judean front involved at all?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
SI 4 BHA said:
Surely whether the Coca Cola deal was 1 or 2 years doesn't affect the player, only the club. Can't see how CC can stop a player moving if he wants to, (restraint of trade etc.) but they may be able to recover some of the prize money from us.

Also at sponsors dinner CKR told me that another player who has received a lot of stick on NSC, Mark McCammon, was his favourite forward to play along side and that it was a shame he was out of the squad. Also according to DK, looks as tho we can't afford GNW, not sure he's any better than McCammon anyway, but maybe CKR can't see us signing anyone even half decent this summer so it's not worth his while hanging around?

That to me is the most sensible post I have seen on here all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here