Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to Southend

Jam The Man said:
I'm desperately hoping this lad will stay as I think he can be a real gem for us in years to come. If he DOES stay, then can some of the detractors at least give the boy a chance...

6 goals in 46 games keeps being thrown back at me... it's conveniently forgotten that he actually only started half those games.

And above all else.. he is ONLY 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I pity our 10 new youth team pros coming through... they'll be driven out before they even start shaving if the crap that's posted on here is anything to go by...

Well said - I hope he stays, it will be a huge setback for us if he goes. Hopefully Southend will not have the money because it will cost them, we did not make that investment for no reason.

Yoda

English & European
London Irish said:
Well said - I hope he stays, it will be a huge setback for us if he goes. Hopefully Southend will not have the money because it will cost them, we did not make that investment for no reason.

:ohmy: SHOCK! HORROR!

I'm in agreement with LI on something! :eek:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
supaseagull said:
I am sorry Gritt - I don't know who your source is, but I can guarantee you, they are having you on!

If the source is wrong then so be it, although I very much doubt it, but he was certainly not "having me on" as it came up in a conversation about something else. It wasn't me fishing for gossip, or someone meaning to give me any.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
London Irish said:
That's right, the Reid stuff was crap, but let's say it anyway. Neither is it "fact" that CKR has fallen out with McGhee, but let's say it anyway. Neither is it "fact" that Andy Naylor is McGhee's PR man rather than a reporter who has called it as he sees it ever since the days of exposing Archer/Belotti, but let's say it anyway. Do you discern a familar pattern of constant anti-McGhee conspiracy theory myopia? Because if you can't, then I can only assume you must buy into it too.

Ah, o.k, you seem to be missing my point slightly. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. Appologies if that's the case.

Kinky originally said that he thinksa problem exists between McGhee and CKR, and that non-communication could be one of the main ones. Silent Bob then made a remark that Paul Reid's comments suggest the same. So, so far neither have said there definitely is a problem they are only dealing in conjecture and are happy to say so.

You then say it'll be fun watching how they fit Wilkins into their conspiracy theory, S.B replies 'how is stating several facts a conspiracy?' to which you reply you don't deal in facts only rumour etc etc.

S.B then gave you three 'facts'. CKR stating that he didn't know why he wasn't in the team, Paul Reid saying that he didn't know why he had been dropped, and LEon saying that Jackett has spoken to him, unlike McGhee.
Now, these events have all happened and were documented at the time. S.B and Kinky have used them to come to the conclusion that there might be a non-communication problem. Nowhere on this thread (that I can see) have they said that non-communication is definitely a problem. They have just posted there opinion and given a reason as to why they think this.

So whilst both of them might be anti-McGhee I don't think they can be accused of misrepresenting opinion as fact, at least not in this instance.

In respect to Kuipers, you are taking several facts- Henderson signing, Kuipers going on loan and drawing a conclusion which you are presenting as fact. It may well be fact, but, and here's my point, you don't know. Maybe, just maybe, Kuipers wanted to go on loan because after spending almost a year out with a serious injury and fighting his way back into contention he wanted to regain match fitness/sharpness. He got back into the team and then was dropped after Chagneau(sp?), allegedly, threw a strop. With the signing of a new keeper in the transfer window and being replaced because another keeper got sulky maybe he thought that the best way to get match fitness was to go on loan, that way he would be ready for action if needed.

Of course, my theory could be totally wrong. Fair enough. It does however, take into account all of the 'facts' that you've used to come to your conclusion. Yet, based on the same sources, it is quite different to yours. So, how do you present yours as cast-iron fact whilst at the same time denigrate S.B for offering an opinion even though he used the same method of reaching a conclusion as you?

That's all I want to know.

As for a conspiracy that you suggest I am buying into, can you tell me what it is so I can confirm one way or another what I think about it!

And finally, one thing we can all agree on, it will be a crappy if CKR does go.
:) :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

Agreed.

The only thing is if CKR does want to leave - the club will have to cash in on him now as his value decreases every week.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
As a matter of fact I've looked at a few Southend boards and they haven't mentioned this CKR to them issue at all.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
garry nelsons left foot said:
Ah, o.k, you seem to be missing my point slightly. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough. Appologies if that's the case.

Kinky originally said that he thinksa problem exists between McGhee and CKR, and that non-communication could be one of the main ones. Silent Bob then made a remark that Paul Reid's comments suggest the same. So, so far neither have said there definitely is a problem they are only dealing in conjecture and are happy to say so.

You then say it'll be fun watching how they fit Wilkins into their conspiracy theory, S.B replies 'how is stating several facts a conspiracy?' to which you reply you don't deal in facts only rumour etc etc.

S.B then gave you three 'facts'. CKR stating that he didn't know why he wasn't in the team, Paul Reid saying that he didn't know why he had been dropped, and LEon saying that Jackett has spoken to him, unlike McGhee.
Now, these events have all happened and were documented at the time. S.B and Kinky have used them to come to the conclusion that there might be a non-communication problem. Nowhere on this thread (that I can see) have they said that non-communication is definitely a problem. They have just posted there opinion and given a reason as to why they think this.

So whilst both of them might be anti-McGhee I don't think they can be accused of misrepresenting opinion as fact, at least not in this instance.

In respect to Kuipers, you are taking several facts- Henderson signing, Kuipers going on loan and drawing a conclusion which you are presenting as fact. It may well be fact, but, and here's my point, you don't know. Maybe, just maybe, Kuipers wanted to go on loan because after spending almost a year out with a serious injury and fighting his way back into contention he wanted to regain match fitness/sharpness. He got back into the team and then was dropped after Chagneau(sp?), allegedly, threw a strop. With the signing of a new keeper in the transfer window and being replaced because another keeper got sulky maybe he thought that the best way to get match fitness was to go on loan, that way he would be ready for action if needed.

Of course, my theory could be totally wrong. Fair enough. It does however, take into account all of the 'facts' that you've used to come to your conclusion. Yet, based on the same sources, it is quite different to yours. So, how do you present yours as cast-iron fact whilst at the same time denigrate S.B for offering an opinion even though he used the same method of reaching a conclusion as you?

That's all I want to know.

As for a conspiracy that you suggest I am buying into, can you tell me what it is so I can confirm one way or another what I think about it!

And finally, one thing we can all agree on, it will be a crappy if CKR does go.
:) :)

Couldn't have said it better myself. Nice smilies at the end by the way.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Yoda said:
:ohmy: SHOCK! HORROR!

I'm in agreement with LI on something! :eek:

He does actually talk a lot of sense if you get past the ego and bullshit.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Yes, it is fair to say that McGhee has clashed with a tiny handful of players, most of whom were on their way out of the club anyway. It is not fair to make up stuff about there being big disputes between McGhee and Reid/CKR, though, is it?

The Reid one seems to be people reading into a quote he made.

With regards to CKR I would suspect he got dragged into things that were going on, but put that down to the innocence of youth.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
The Reid one seems to be people reading into a quote he made.

With regards to CKR I would suspect he got dragged into things that were going on, but put that down to the innocence of youth.

Actually CKR has a bit of an attitude so much so that the club asked his father to intercede which he did, it was virtually an intervention by all accounts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here