Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to Southend

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BarrelofFun said:
I think Oatway was important to our team in more than just his playing role. He has been at the club for a long time and some of these youngsters were 12 or so when he joined, so he knows them well and can offer good advice.

Our poor form coincided with his injury and that could well have been a huge factor, that and the young team burning out.

You are right, who else is gonna teach them rude words, crazy pranks and the art of taking the piss but without being funny.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Les Biehn said:
What is with Charlie Oatway arse licking. He is 33 and we really need to be looking for players to bed in for the future. The only position I would keep someone older is defence and that is Guy, give him the chance to pass on his advice. We already have Hammond, Reid, Mayo and potentially Nicolas all competing for the centre, let alone the youngsters.

At every Seagulls Over London meeting I've been to, every guest (including the players) have banged on about Charlies influence around the place without being prompted.

Interestingly, the players always mention his influence ON THE PITCH.

No-one says he's the greatest player in the world, but they say they all play BETTER when he's there. He obviously has very special motivational abilities, that perhaps aren't always evident from the stands.

Don't shoot the messenger here, I'm just passing on I've heard.

That's why he ain't going nowhere and why all the managers have wanted to retain him, whilst not always picking him as first choice.

D

Deleted member 2719

BarrelofFun said:
I think Oatway was important to our team in more than just his playing role. He has been at the club for a long time and some of these youngsters were 12 or so when he joined, so he knows them well and can offer good advice.

Our poor form coincided with his injury and that could well have been a huge factor, that and the young team burning out.

I agree with the point about Charlie not sure about youngsters burning out though i could run all day and night at their age.

I only wish i could now!!

:D

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Les Biehn said:
What is with Charlie Oatway arse licking. He is 33 and we really need to be looking for players to bed in for the future. The only position I would keep someone older is defence and that is Guy, give him the chance to pass on his advice. We already have Hammond, Reid, Mayo and potentially Nicolas all competing for the centre, let alone the youngsters.

Oatway is the only natural vocal leader we have, we arguably have several people who could be club captains, but Charlie is imo our only choice on the pitch at the moment. Would imagine in a couple of years time El-Abd could be a natural successor, but for now it's defiantely Oatway

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Mouldy Boots said:
I agree with the point about Charlie not sure about youngsters burning out though i could run all day and night at their age.

I only wish i could now!!

I was thinking mental and physical burn out really. True they are fit ( ;) ) but then most youngsters are eased in and players peak in their mid to late 20s.

Of course, I am just trying to find a reason to stay on the Pro McGhee side of things though! :lolol:

D

Deleted member 2719

555kaz said:
Oatway is the only natural vocal leader we have, we arguably have several people who could be club captains, but Charlie is imo our only choice on the pitch at the moment. Would imagine in a couple of years time El-Abd could be a natural successor, but for now it's defiantely Oatway

Charlie Oatways Blue + White army...............

:thumbsup: :ascarf:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
LES BIEHN:

It's my poor attempt at quoting.:blush:

L.I fobbed off Silent Bob by saying that all the anti-mcGhee poster's deal in is innuendo, rumour and speculation.

Then, in reply to Chapmans the saviours post asking if he agree's that there has been a lot of player-manager falls out this season he says 'not really, the only major one is Michelle Pfiefer, who flounced about because he didn't have the guts to compete against Henderson, a young, international class keeper.' Which to my mind is dealing in innunedo, rumour and speculation.

I was just wondering how this sits with him?

Hope that's cleared it up.:)

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

BarrelofFun said:

Of course, I am just trying to find a reason to stay on the Pro McGhee side of things though! :lolol:

I know your game - perhaps you should go into politics!!

Les Biehn said:
No, wait a minute thats Tony Bloom. Or are we not allowed to talk about your ill founded conspiracy theories.

Bollocks - shareholders who come out of nowhere to paralyse the club for weeks, to the extent that we can't even act to re-sign out of contract players, well, that is worth worrying about, not reading idiotic things into Paul Reid's quotes.

If you think the farce of the last few weeks was nothing to worry about, then I pity your judgement.

D

Deleted member 2719

Theatre of Trees said:
It's not so much the physical aspect but the mental pressure, now that does sap the life out of you.

MM and the coaches should be relieving any mental pressures off those youngsters surely.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Well what to say?....

If half of the fans actually knew if and why Colin had any gripes in the first place then maybe you'd all shut the f*ck up.

I'm not prepared to comment on what i do or don't know about any of this matter (or the dog's abuse that has been thrown at a 19 year old), because frankly the way some of the posts on this forum have gone, I just don't feel like it, and in any case would some of the people in here really give a f*ck?

What i will say is that I know that the SUPPORT received in the threads has been well received. It'd the dick-head, f*ck-wit fans with little reasoned arguement that are happy screwing things up... I hope they'll be pleased with themselves if Kaz decides to leave.

I'm desperately hoping this lad will stay as I think he can be a real gem for us in years to come. If he DOES stay, then can some of the detractors at least give the boy a chance...

6 goals in 46 games keeps being thrown back at me... it's conveniently forgotten that he actually only started half those games.

And above all else.. he is ONLY 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I pity our 10 new youth team pros coming through... they'll be driven out before they even start shaving if the crap that's posted on here is anything to go by...

Uncle Buck said:
Steve, it is fair to say that McGhee has fallen out with players, but the factors as to why this has happened would suggest something had to give, them going or him and we know which way that has gone.

As I said earlier, the situation does not seem to be his making, but his handling or lack of handling of the situation has made things worse, although with 2 of the culprits more than likely gone, maybe things will get better.

Yes, it is fair to say that McGhee has clashed with a tiny handful of players, most of whom were on their way out of the club anyway. It is not fair to make up stuff about there being big disputes between McGhee and Reid/CKR, though, is it?

Last edited:

garry nelsons left foot said:
Ahem.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by London Irish
Facts, yeah right - you (rabid anti McGhee) lot wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the arse, all you deal in is rumour, speculation and innuendo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
Do you deny that there has been more 'fall outs' with the manager this year than any of the last few seasons?

Originally posted by London Irish
Not majorly so, both Leon and Big Mac were acting up last season, the only real significant one this season is Michelle Pfeiffer and that's because we signed a young international-class keeper who he didn't have the guts to compete against.

??? ??? ???

Sorry, your problem is what?

Kuipers ran out on this club and its relegation fight in January by requesting a loan transfer, because he couldn't handle being dropped in favour of Henderson - this is all well-documented with on-the-record sources in the Argus that have not been contradicted. This is how he repaid the loyalty the club showed him when giving him a new contract when he was undergoing his long injury recovery.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Bollocks - shareholders who come out of nowhere to paralyse the club for weeks, to the extent that we can't even act to re-sign out of contract players, well, that is worth worrying about, not reading idiotic things into Paul Reid's quotes.

If you think the farce of the last few weeks was nothing to worry about, then I pity your judgement.

So after lecturing people on making unfounded assumptions you offer up conjecture on the Bloom situation and my feelings on it. You do like to throw accusations at people, then proceed to pass judgement as if that accusation is true. It in fact worried me greatly, but for a start how do you know it affected the re-signing of players, I'm not saying it didn't but how do you know it did?

Les Biehn said:
So after lecturing people on making unfounded assumptions you offer up conjecture on the Bloom situation and my feelings on it. You do like to throw accusations at people, then proceed to pass judgement as if that accusation is true. It in fact worried me greatly, but for a start how do you know it affected the re-signing of players, I'm not saying it didn't but how do you know it did?

Of course it did - don't be bloody obtuse :nono:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I've just got round to reading this and this is a load of crap. Even if CKR wanted to leave(which he doesn't), then whoever was going to buy him would have to shell out £250k for the privilege.

I am sorry Gritt - I don't know who your source is, but I can guarantee you, they are having you on! There's as much chance CKR leaving this summer as there is Leon Knight re-signing for us and being Mcgoo's bum chum!

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here