Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colin Kazim-Richards to Southend

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
he doesn't need to score a shed-load of goals to set the league alight. If he scores 12-15, creates chances every game and generally carves up the opposition at will then he will, IMO, have set the league alight.

Fair enough... call me old-fashioned, but I like strikers who actually score loads of goals... I'm old enough to remember Wardy, Nelson and, of course, Zamora...

D

Deleted member 2719

B.W. said:
Fair enough... call me old-fashioned, but I like strikers who actually score loads of goals... I'm old enough to remember Wardy, Nelson and, of course, Zamora...

Your old - fashioned!!

:lolol:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
B.W. said:

True. It's always good if you have a striker that can score a hatfull of goals, but there are different styles of striker. I don't think CKR is ever going to be a goal machine but he is a player who can score his fair share, create his fair share and generally cause havoc for opposition defences. A bit like a lower league Zola.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
True. It's always good if you have a striker that can score a hatfull of goals, but there are different styles of striker. I don't think CKR is ever going to be a goal machine but he is a player who can score his fair share, create his fair share and generally cause havoc for opposition defences. A bit like a lower league Zola.

Yes, I agree... but I would expect CKR to score far more in league 1 than he managed at CCC-level last season, or he would score with a team like Southend in the CCC next season, for that matter... compare the poison dwarf's scoring record in league 1 and the CCC...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
B.W. said:
Yes, I agree... but I would expect CKR to score far more in league 1 than he managed at CCC-level last season, or he would score with a team like Southend in the CCC next season, for that matter... compare the poison dwarf's scoring record in league 1 and the CCC...

yes, I'd hope the same and I think he will find it easier to score at league one. I just don't think he's a 25 goals a season striker. If he scores 15 and is playing alongside a striker who is a 20-25 goals a season striker(not that it's likely we'll get one of them:( ) then he will be a tremendous asset and I'll be very happy.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I have aired my views on many an occasion (witness numerous aruments with LI and numerous debates with MM outers, particularly Uncle B) but it is my considered opinion that in these 'disputes' both parties are partly responsible, apart from the ones that are unsubstantiated because how can we really know if they took place in the first place.

For the record I am pro MM. He is loyal, has made some good signings, worked very hard and done well considering the limitations. However I do feel the coaching team needs some new blood because I don't think he is particularly good at getting the best out of players and tactically he is sometimes not that great. I think this was part of the reason behind DWilkins promotion and is why I am looking forward to next season.

I think disputes have happened.

Cliques were formed in the dressing room that caused issues, but then the fact the manager did not react to these quick enough meant things steam rolled.

I would say with regards to this issue it was not McGhee's making, but sadly his handling or lack of meant it got worse.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Lokki 7 said:
So assuming we don't keep Gifton, and McPhee is released, then next seson we will have Gatting, Robinson and Turienzo if CKR leaves. Not very awe inspiring is it? I thought CKR would do well in League 1, very depressing if true.

Hasn't molango got another year too.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
I think disputes have happened.

Cliques were formed in the dressing room that caused issues, but then the fact the manager did not react to these quick enough meant things steam rolled.

I would say with regards to this issue it was not McGhee's making, but sadly his handling or lack of meant it got worse.

I make that a fairly spot-on assessment of the situation.

I also can never believe how people are so shocked/suprised/appalled that players might somehow think Brighton is not the best club to be at right now.

Shit ground, stands, facilities, with no immediate prospect of improvement. Three years is a long time in the career of a promising young pro.

We can't even treat our injured properly according to Virgo, have a losing, relegated team with diminishing team spirit, and God knows what else going on in the dressing room over the past 12 months.

Anyone who starts attacking players for wanting to leave is living in complete and total denial of the facts.

Reflect instead on the incredible loyalty of the hard core of Micky Adams squad who hung around to give us some great days in spite of everything.

Theatre of Trees said:
The fact is that it appeared in the Argus saying he did not know why. Without CKR or MM writing down the actual reason why we do not know the answer. There are a number of ways to look at this:

1. Naylor asked him the question and he geniunely responded he did not know.
2. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to hide behind not knowing.
3. Naylor asked him the question and he did know but decided to emphasis that he did not know in order to send out a message.
4. Naylor asked him the question and he did not know but decided to emphasis the question in order to send out a message.
5. Naylor asked the question and he did not know but knew Naylor knew MM quite well and wanted to get a message across.
6. Naylor made it all up because nobody knew that CKR did not know why MM knew that he did not know.

Going on from the interview you then have to judge whether Naylor embellished what CKR said or just reported exactly what he did say or indeed soften what CKR said.

At the end of the day the only fact is that it appeared in the Argus we cannot prove one way or another in what context it was said. If you are you are dealing with speculation which is grounded in nothing factual whatsoever but somebody's own interpretation of events.

Well said. Your words really need to be flash up as a default warning before all the conspiracy theorists hit "submit reply".

Silent Bob said:
Well it's none of that because it was in response to a question from Hawesy on SCR after the match, I think asking him about only scoring when coming off the bench.

I don't know why you think NAylor would embellish what CKR said, with his pro-McGhee stance.

Talking of which, here's Andy Naylor making his customary appearance on the grassy knoll :)

Silent Bob said:
in·ti·mate tr.v. in·ti·mat·ed, in·ti·mat·ing, in·ti·mates

1. To make known subtly and indirectly; hint. See Synonyms at suggest.
2. To announce; proclaim.

:)

You missed the point but I'll state it plainly. You stated it was fact that players had fallen out with McGhee and you used Reid as your evidence. How can you get a fact from an itimation (or a subtle hint if you want your dictionary synonym)? Please explain.

What you can only get is a rather fevered reading of Reid's words to back up your own rather obsessive dislike of McGhee.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Talking of which, here's Andy Naylor making his customary appearance on the grassy knoll :)

No, wait a minute thats Tony Bloom. Or are we not allowed to talk about your ill founded conspiracy theories.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
You missed the point but I'll state it plainly. You stated it was fact that players had fallen out with McGhee and you used Reid as your evidence. How can you get a fact from an itimation (or a subtle hint if you want your dictionary synonym)? Please explain.

What you can only get is a rather fevered reading of Reid's words to back up your own rather obsessive dislike of McGhee.

Steve, it is fair to say that McGhee has fallen out with players, but the factors as to why this has happened would suggest something had to give, them going or him and we know which way that has gone.

As I said earlier, the situation does not seem to be his making, but his handling or lack of handling of the situation has made things worse, although with 2 of the culprits more than likely gone, maybe things will get better.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Uncle Buck said:
Steve, it is fair to say that McGhee has fallen out with players, but the factors as to why this has happened would suggest something had to give, them going or him and we know which way that has gone.

As I said earlier, the situation does not seem to be his making, but his handling or lack of handling of the situation has made things worse, although with 2 of the culprits more than likely gone, maybe things will get better.

Bloody hell, are you two agreeing ? Wonder will never cease. Actually I know one player has been offered a years contract but that's partly because it was already in his previous contract ! Very shabby dealings all roiund I think, both DK and MM to blame.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
bhaexpress said:
Bloody hell, are you two agreeing ? Wonder will never cease. Actually I know one player has been offered a years contract but that's partly because it was already in his previous contract ! Very shabby dealings all roiund I think, both DK and MM to blame.

I hope the player in question is Charlie?...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
What is with Charlie Oatway arse licking. He is 33 and we really need to be looking for players to bed in for the future. The only position I would keep someone older is defence and that is Guy, give him the chance to pass on his advice. We already have Hammond, Reid, Mayo and potentially Nicolas all competing for the centre, let alone the youngsters.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
London Irish said:

What you can only get is a rather fevered reading of Reid's words to back up your own rather obsessive dislike of McGhee. [/B]

Ahem.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by London Irish
Facts, yeah right - you (rabid anti McGhee) lot wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the arse, all you deal in is rumour, speculation and innuendo.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
Originally posted by ChapmansThe Saviour
Do you deny that there has been more 'fall outs' with the manager this year than any of the last few seasons?

Originally posted by London Irish
Not majorly so, both Leon and Big Mac were acting up last season, the only real significant one this season is Michelle Pfeiffer and that's because we signed a young international-class keeper who he didn't have the guts to compete against.

??? ??? ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Les Biehn said:
What is with Charlie Oatway arse licking. He is 33 and we really need to be looking for players to bed in for the future. The only position I would keep someone older is defence and that is Guy, give him the chance to pass on his advice. We already have Hammond, Reid, Mayo and potentially Nicolas all competing for the centre, let alone the youngsters.

I think Oatway was important to our team in more than just his playing role. He has been at the club for a long time and some of these youngsters were 12 or so when he joined, so he knows them well and can offer good advice.

Our poor form coincided with his injury and that could well have been a huge factor, that and the young team burning out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here