Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Were you angry at the time or just since he's become the player Gus could never produce?

The problem we had with Noone was that we had three wingers and Gus only ever played one of them.

Buckley, when fit is number one choice, so when an offer came in for our second/third choice for £1.8 million, it was an easy choice. Plus, Cardiff have no doubt increased his wages.

Only problem comes with KLL being injured/unavaiable, it leaves options limited out wide

Personally I would like us to have always played four genuine attacking players, ie CMS or Hoskins, KLL/noone and Buckley, plus either Dobbie or Orlandi behind the central striker.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why so keen to get a player in who won't play this season?

Quite why anyone would actively turn down CMS & Drogba is beyond me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally I would like us to have always played four genuine attacking players, ie CMS or Hoskins, KLL/noone and Buckley, plus either Dobbie or Orlandi behind the central striker.
As my signature thread states so would I.

I'm so perplexed as to how Hammond/Dicker/Crofts manage to play so many games, and play so close to Bridders.

On the same note, without getting on a high horse, the same applies to Barnes, what with the wealth of midfielders Gus has at his disposal.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
So what happens then if CMS smashes another say 10 goals in by January will the club still sell for his asking price or do what other clubs would and say jesus, That's pumped his transfere up a few million or will be the only club that sticks to our pittance of a transfere fee?

if buts and maybes..worry about it then...and think that if he has scored 10 we would have won most matches

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah definitely with that price tag comes a level of expectation.

I don't believe Gus did anything to help CMS last year.
He still falling into that 'must cram in more defensive midfielders' trap, even if their not, which is no use to CMS.

But CMS is obviously better as we are getting better.
The fact that for a few more weeks, at least, he's been our only creditable striker for 18 months, speaks volumes.
Like I said before, I am a fan of CMS but sometimes his shooting and touch are horrific. I appreciate he has been our only outlet for a while and he is having a good season. Ultimately I think we could find a good replacement for less money than CMS cost.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Like I said before, I am a fan of CMS but sometimes his shooting and touch are horrific. I appreciate he has been our only outlet for a while and he is having a good season. Ultimately I think we could find a good replacement for less money than CMS cost.

Barnes first touch and shooting is dire. He needs to go before CMS.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ultimately I think we could find a good replacement for less money than CMS cost.
And that's where we differ.

For us to get someone else in, and for him to be productive within 18 months (or else we can kiss goodbye to promotion next season), he would need to be either:-

A world beater, but he won't be for that money.
or
A damn sight better supported.

Which would beg the question why the hell are we still occasionally hanging CMS out to dry with only 2 massive centre half lumps, for company.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think it was plain for everyone to see, just how much we missed Cms, when he was injured for them few games. He is the best striker at the club by a million miles, would be a massive mistake to sell him in January, as whoever may be coming in would need time to adjust to a new team, unless of course the person coming in was a very very high class player. Would be a massive call to sell our top scorer in January, if we are challenging for the play offs...Either very clever or amazingly stupid.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
To true. We'd get at most for Barnes is £300,000 max for him. That's why I'm and still trying to get my head around that some posters on here said Barnes is a better player. Truly baffling.

To be fair they are totally different players, bit like comparing Buckley to Bridcutt?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think it was plain for everyone to see, just how much we missed Cms, when he was injured for them few games. He is the best striker at the club by a million miles, would be a massive mistake to sell him in January, as whoever may be coming in would need time to adjust to a new team, unless of course the person coming in was a very very high class player. Would be a massive call to sell our top scorer in January, if we are challenging for the play offs...Either very clever or amazingly stupid.

Blimey..i agree...3rd time in a many days worringly

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
And that's where we differ.

For us to get someone else in, and for him to be productive within 18 months (or else we can kiss goodbye to promotion next season), he would need to be either:-

A world beater, but he won't be for that money.
or
A damn sight better supported.

Which would beg the question why the hell are we still occasionally hanging CMS out to dry with only 2 massive centre half lumps, for company.

Say we sell CMS who has taken a season to settle and is now on fire which I've never doubted and bring a new CF then it'll take him a season to bed in so we're back on the merry go round. Where the usual culprits will be out in force saying how shit he is and waste of money. Keep CMS and he'll bang them in. Just need someone up with him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here