Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS to Norwich?

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Can't see Cms leaving in January, if he is to leave will probably be the end of the season. With Barnes think he is worth 1-mill easily as he will finish in double figures again this season and remember he was our top scorer last season as well

1 million, yeah ok mate. The only way Barnes will reach double figures is if he takes all the penaltys and if that we get anymore and then he's not Mr no1 penalty taker anymore.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Little effect???..You are taking the piss right???..9 league goals this season and he missed 3 games, he never gives opposition defences a seconds peace. He must be a nightmare to play against.

He never started really scoring til he got a couple of in-offs from Ashley Barnes in the same game. Not sure about the opposition but he must be a nightmare to play WITH, if you're a player like Vicente or Bruno who is looking to pick out the player on the spot. No wonder Ashley Barnes gets so many goals. People know exactly where to find AB. CMS seems to be mooted by some as a godlike creature for the same reason that Alex Revell was slated back in ye olde days of Withdean i.e. for running around a lot. Difference is, nowadays we should be able to work smarter, not harder.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Hmmm - not sure about that. CMS's game isnt suited to the way we play period. He isnt a hold up type of striker, plain and simple.

Isn't it about time someone broke this to Mr Poyet, whose knowledge of the beautiful game is obviously deeply and fundamentally flawed.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I was up at the Falmer Gym this morning and I am sure that one of players was wearing a Norwich top whilst training. Gus was also pulling on a brand new QPR top. Sparrow was returning his Crawley and Scunthorpe shirts and Zamorra was fighting to keep his new Brighton shirt before heading back to London looking a bit miffed. Its lucky we have had this shirt amnesty and the players can pick a club! Anyway I said Hi to Mark Hughes who was watching the training from the bushes as he starts thinking about his next club. Drogba was pretending to be a member of the Uni Rugby team whilst looking hopefully at those that had been picked to play football instead.

Mr Blobby
Bring you the latest duff information

Is Damien Duff joining too?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I'm in Norwich on business. I've just seen CMS having dinner with Delia Smith. Apparently they're related. I managed to listen into a tiny bit of their conversation - "Let's be 'avin you..."

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
He never started really scoring til he got a couple of in-offs from Ashley Barnes in the same game. Not sure about the opposition but he must be a nightmare to play WITH, if you're a player like Vicente or Bruno who is looking to pick out the player on the spot. No wonder Ashley Barnes gets so many goals. People know exactly where to find AB. CMS seems to be mooted by some as a godlike creature for the same reason that Alex Revell was slated back in ye olde days of Withdean i.e. for running around a lot. Difference is, nowadays we should be able to work smarter, not harder.

Exactly. Seems a nice guy but all this headless chicken stuff does not mean it's effective. I don't see top sides with this type of CF. With Hoskins or Dobbie playing regularly we'd be at least as good or better plus make a profit on CMS. Everyone's happy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Exactly. Seems a nice guy but all this headless chicken stuff does not mean it's effective. I don't see top sides with this type of CF. With Hoskins or Dobbie playing regularly we'd be at least as good or better plus make a profit on CMS. Everyone's happy.

effective enough this season...on subject of hoskins how now seems much in favour with a lot of posters ..ye would be nice to see him stay but the jury is still out on whether he will do the business

fcportaloo

Nov 1, 2009
True. Hoskins all to prove but would be good to see him given the chance. If CMS is sold that's more likely.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Why would I mean Cue?,,as in snooker cue?....No I mean't queue, as in a line of something. As in abuse....If your going to try and pull someone up on their use of the English language, make sure you get it right yourself lol.

As much as I agree with your valuation of our Ashley. You are the one in the wrong in your use of the English language. You mean cue as in an actors cue, i. e. giving everyone a reason to abuse you.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Why would I mean Cue?,,as in snooker cue?....No I mean't queue, as in a line of something. As in abuse....If your going to try and pull someone up on their use of the English language, make sure you get it right yourself lol.
Actually you meant cue as in cue up or signal something or prepare/prepare for something. But hey, just trying to help.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
but u did say u would accept 300k..which u then say we wouldnt get much ..yet double what u think we paid for him

I quoted £300,000 as would double any of our leauge one players at that playing in the championship, weather they pay it mains to be seen.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
It's amazing what level we now expect from our players. For me CMS is an excellent championship level player and is worth the 2.5 million we paid for him. The pressure he puts on opposition defenders must be a nightmare to play against and should allow us to play further up the pitch as we did against Leeds. We are also starting to vary our play more and have noticed we are beginning to play the ball over the top for him to run onto which he loves. There are not many strikers that I see in the championship that I would swap him for unless you are going to pay something like 8 million for the level of Rhodes.

I imagine he would be valued roughly what we paid for him and would be interesting to see who we could get as a replacement that would be on a similar salary that we could actually afford. My feeling is not much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here